Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies that you know to be objectively awful, but you like them anyway

Predicto

Little Nicky

Terrible movie, but it has some pretty funny moments. If you're drunk/high then it could have some serious potential. Pretty funny cast too:

Adam Sandler (and everyone that normally appears in Adam Sandler's movies)

Harvey Keitel as the Devil

Rodney Dangerfield

Tiny (Aka Deebo)

Quenton Tarantino

John Witherspoon

Nigel Gruff (aka "The Leg" in The Replacements

Ozzy cameo

How is The Karate Kid objectively awful? Most consider it a classic underdog story.

I take that back, I do like the movie but I think it was panned when it first came out. It's now a cult favorite, like Rocky Horror.

Also, Adventures in Babysitting. I happen to love that movie (not the least was my huge crush on Elizabeth Shue), and I love the premise but the ending was way hetero. Vincent D'Onofrio in his younger, thinner days played a good part too. I think this movie is a fan favorite but also panned by the critics (what do they know?).

Zoolander hardly counts as a guilty pleasure. Everybody loves that movie.

Now Mystery Men... that's a guilty pleasure.

I love every Arnold and Sly Stallone movie they've ever made, and almost all of them are stupid with shoddy writing and direction.

My personal favorites are Total Recall and Tango and Cash.

I LOVE both expendables movies.

Swayze movies also approach that pantheon status for me. I love Point Break and Road House.

Movies that embrace their camp are tough to consider awful though. They have a different purpose and can be brilliant for their audience--which is not the humorless movie critic.

We should make a separation for the camp classics like Total Recall and the truly awful movies that people love that are not ironically awful.

I also love Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Waterwold. Those movies are travesties but I've loved them since I was a kid. My friend and I used to watch Waterworld and Hayao Myazaki movies every weekend when we would hang out as children. We also listened to the Cure. This was when we were about 10 years old. We were weird kids.

I also love Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Waterwold. Those movies are travesties but I've loved them since I was a kid. My friend and I used to watch Waterworld and Hayao Myazaki movies every weekend when we would hang out as children. We also listened to the Cure. This was when we were about 10 years old. We were weird kids.

I ****ing loved Waterworld. Robin Hood too for that matter. Yeah, even the Postman. Guess I'm just kinda gay for anything Kevin Costner.

The Running Man, although Richard Dawson gave an awesome performance. The book, early Stephen King under Richard Bachman pen name is one the best I've ever read. Was looking forward to toe movie, which turned out cartoonish.

Guilty pleasure is: Judge Dredd. I watch it every time it comes on. Stallone is perfectly wooden and Rob Schneider is really good in his part.

Great movies.

I don't know what it is about Arnold and Sly, but I'll watch all their movies and be entertained. Not so with Bruce Willis and Jean Claude Van Damme.

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 06:33 PM ----------

I ****ing loved Waterworld. Robin Hood too for that matter. Yeah, even the Postman. Guess I'm just kinda gay for anything Kevin Costner.

:ols: The Postman?

That's some dedication. What are your thoughts on the Bodyguard?

Archived