Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies that you know to be objectively awful, but you like them anyway

Predicto

Taken deals in straight up stereotype. Wouldn't be surprised if Karl Rove was the executive producer. Let's go over the plot.

Daughter of materialistic divorcee goes to France to follow U2. Kidnapped by Eastern Europeans. Sold into sex slavery. Auctioned off to a middle eastern Sheik who wants to take her virginity. Oh and dutiful, simple living, covert ops dad gets her back in one piece. Sounds like a scare you into xenophobia approach to me. only saving grace is dad is from Northern Ireland.

:ols: so true but I love this movie nonetheless

Lot of good ones so far. Big Trouble in Little China is the epitome. Deuce Bigalow (even the first one). Undercover Brother hits the spot as well. Last Action Hero... Roadhouse.

I've seen Sucker Punch on a lot of lists of worst movies ever... I really really like that movie. I guess i'm the only one.

Sucker Punch was awesome and Undercover Brother is hilarious. Add Grandma's Boy and Half Baked to the list.

Happy Gilmore and Rickey Bobby. There's no reason why I should enjoy either film, but damn it I don't. I will bust a gut every time I see it.

The Goodbye Girl is probably another one. I saw it a few months ago on TCM for the first time. I usually hate rom coms but this one...this one had me hook, line and sinker and I hate myself for it.

Even though it's a parody and supposed to be awful, if you were to objectively look at it - The Rocky Horror Picture Show should be included on this list.

The fact that 30+ years later it's still in the theaters, shows the stupidity (or genius) of the movie.

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 12:04 PM ----------

watched The A Team movie a bunch of times over the past few months. I can't explain why.

I really like the A-Team movie (aside from the free falling tank scene) - even knowing that I shouldn't.

Another adaptation, that get's no respect, is the Get Smart movie.

Return of the Jedi and Back to the Future 3 are a couple of movies I've wanted to stand up for recently. They aren't awful, but they catch a lot of flack from fans of the trilogies. Think it's undeserving, think they are both incredible films. I'm of the opinion that the last 30 minutes of ROTJ is the best 30 minute chunk in all of Star Wars. Hoth Battle is my personal favorite, but the end of ROTJ is incredibly well done. Of course, I was never bothered by the Ewoks.

As for Back to the Future 3, I friggin' love that movie. More than 2 and a little less than the original. Don't know why people discredit it, was it simply 'too much' Back to the Future?

The Running Man, although Richard Dawson gave an awesome performance. The book, early Stephen King under Richard Bachman pen name is one the best I've ever read. Was looking forward to toe movie, which turned out cartoonish.

Guilty pleasure is: Judge Dredd. I watch it every time it comes on. Stallone is perfectly wooden and Rob Schneider is really good in his part.

The Karate Kid original - best movie summer song - Cruel Summer! Guaranteed to crank the stereo in the car!

The Running Man, although Richard Dawson gave an awesome performance. The book, early Stephen King under Richard Bachman pen name is one the best I've ever read. Was looking forward to toe movie, which turned out cartoonish.

Guilty pleasure is: Judge Dredd. I watch it every time it comes on. Stallone is perfectly wooden and Rob Schneider is really good in his part.

The Karate Kid original - best movie summer song - Cruel Summer! Guaranteed to crank the stereo in the car!

How is The Karate Kid objectively awful? Most consider it a classic underdog story.

Army of Darkness - Absolutley horrible, yet every time it comes on I find myself watching it.

Another one of my favs that many find awful (including my wife) is Napoleon Dynamite. I have seen it so many times I can recite damn near every line.

Archived