Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

It was that kind of game with pushing and shoving from both teams after plays all day - but what Morgan did was just stupid. He knows it and does not need to be told. But he will be,

This is a tough loss to a team we should have beaten. They are a better team than some posters were making out on ES leading up to the game and they came into this game with a chip on their shoulders and were aggressive trying to get under our skins - it worked. This will be a good teaching opportunity for Shanny with a young team, you have to play with composure and you have to do your job. As for Morgan I expect to see Hankerson start next week assuming Garcon is back - but talk of cutting Morgan etc is silly. He knows he blew it and he should be given a chance to make up for it.

On other matters as good as the defensive game plan was last week it was terrible this week and the lack of in game adjustment was inexcusable on that side of the ball. Two blocked punts in two weeks is also inexcusable.

This was a good reality check for this team and us as fans. We have a lot to be excited about and we are heading the right way but the weaknesses in our defensive secondary and the mess ups on special teams will cost us games. We look like a circa .500 team to me, with a few calls or bounces making the difference between 6 or 7 wins or 8 or 9 wins.

Totally agree . Our defense was pathetic - but Danny A was having a field day - when we took steps to stop him then someone else stepped up . The Rams played well and that should not be taken away from them . The Refs have been really atrocious this week all over the league and the longer the replacements are out there the more games you are going to have like this .

Morgans play was dumb but late in a game like this then punish him (down on the depth chart) but talks about cutting him are outragous .

Danny Smith however has to be worried about his long term future ..

Totally agree . Our defense was pathetic - but Danny A was having a field day - when we took steps to stop him then someone else stepped up . The Rams played well and that should not be taken away from them . The Refs have been really atrocious this week all over the league and the longer the replacements are out there the more games you are going to have like this .

Morgans play was dumb but late in a game like this then punish him (down on the depth chart) but talks about cutting him are outragous .

Danny Smith however has to be worried about his long term future ..

How about his short term future? A blocked punt a game isn't something you wait for the offseason to correct.

If we see one blocked punt each week Smith might be gone sooner rather than later. Two blocked punts in two weeks isn't career killing by itself, statistical aberrations like that happen now and then, but we should have only one or maybe two more all year. Any more, and there's something systemically wrong. Hopefully liking Smith isn't enough to keep Shanahan from making a move if it's clearly the right decision.

Something's got to change, that's for sure. Those are (relatively) easy to correct errors that cost us points.

Man I can't believe that talk about Griffins long ball. If Garçon is out there he catches the one missed on the PI call last week and he probably catches the one dropped today. I'm drooling waiting for Garçon to actually get on the field.

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 02:19 AM ----------

If we see one blocked punt each week Smith might be gone sooner rather than later. Two blocked punts in two weeks isn't career killing by itself, statistical aberrations like that happen now and then, but we should have only one or maybe two more all year. Any more, and there's something systemically wrong. Hopefully liking Smith isn't enough to keep Shanahan from making a move if it's clearly the right decision.

Something's got to change, that's for sure. Those are (relatively) easy to correct errors that cost us points.

What? 2 blocked kicks for the year is already over quota. If we have one or two more blocked kicks this year I'll lose my mind lol.

I'm sorry, last week's defense looked like something different, I was to believe Raheem Morris had something to do with it. Today looked like last years' Haslett wussy zone coverage all day. Raheem must have lost his voice or something.

We could have quadrupled Danny Amendola and kept the Rams to 0 passing yards.

Icing the kicker has to go. Last 2 icing the kicker instances that come to mind is giving a team 3 points today, and some dummy from Dallas icing his own kicker. The idea is nothing but trouble.

Josh Wilson should play both CB positions, SS, and FS all at the same time, let the other guys rush the passer. Or we should clone Josh Wilson. Whichever gives us the best chance to win.

Josh Morgan should have aimed for the ref. I mean they officiated so badly, they might be actual zebras, and a zebra could take a shot from a football with little harm. "There is no unsportsmanlike conduct, I'm actually a zebra, I barely felt it. Fourth down."

Fire Danny Smith. For real.

Next time you drop your tray or mistype something (whatever you do for a living), would you expect to get fired?

If he threw his tray at a customer he probably WOULD be fired. There's a difference between messing up (running backwards instead of going for the first down) and making an egregious, inconceivably bad mistake. Now, others may say "oh our defense and special teams and aldrick robinson and a ton of other people made mistakes and we were lucky to be in this one" but there is a huge difference between that and what Morgan did. I challenge you to find 5 dumber plays in nfl history that cost their team the win.

Question, do you think you'd EVER see that happen with a patriots player? I guarantee you belicheck would cut the guy before the day was over if it did. Morgan is an ok player, but let's not act like he's special, he's on pace for 550 yards. If Fred Davis steps up Morgan wouldn't even be missed.

As opposed to exactly ZERO all year last year.

In fact, I can't remember the last time we saw a QB drop 2 passes like that right on the money in the same SEASON, muchless the same game.

Geez, give the kid a break already.

I honestly think Brunell was the last to do it. Campbell's deep ball was atrocious. McNabb was a shell of his former self. Gross and Beck... need no mention.

Next time you drop your tray or mistype something (whatever you do for a living), would you expect to get fired?

he didnt drop a pass or miss an assignment. he commited an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. im in the military guy, so no, i can do a slight mess up and get my ass reamed but if i did something major like that my career would be border line done. so like i said, be a pro and if you disagree than kick some rocks..

Hall has been playing great this year. Haslett is the one telling Hall to play zone, and it's the play calling. I watched a play today on 3rd and 5 where C. Griffin was 15 yards off the WR, and started to backpedal even before the snap. He ended up 20+ yards off the LoS before the ball was even snapped. Then they threw a little flanker route to the RB in the flat and he had all day to run. It was terrible.. The cushion we gave tonight was the worse iv'e seen in 10 years watching a defense play.

I have no worries about the offense..especially at full strength...

I have one worry, our 3rd down conversion rate. 3rd worst in the nfl, only behind the raiders and titans. That is usually a good indicator of offensive success, sustaining drives and the like, and it's bothersome that it is so low against two average or below average defenses.

I wish Morgan would have realized that what he did on the play was put us in position and a chance to at least tie the game. Really, what good is throwing a football at them like it's really going to hurt the other player. Hurt them where it counts. Then just go over and give them a big grin as you walk to the exit.

If he threw his tray at a customer he probably WOULD be fired. There's a difference between messing up (running backwards instead of going for the first down) and making an egregious, inconceivably bad mistake. Now, others may say "oh our defense and special teams and aldrick robinson and a ton of other people made mistakes and we were lucky to be in this one" but there is a huge difference between that and what Morgan did. I challenge you to find 5 dumber plays in nfl history that cost their team the win.

Question, do you think you'd EVER see that happen with a patriots player? I guarantee you belicheck would cut the guy before the day was over if it did. Morgan is an ok player, but let's not act like he's special, he's on pace for 550 yards. If Fred Davis steps up Morgan wouldn't even be missed.

He's not getting cut so there's no use getting worked up about it.

Morgan's here, he'll probably get benched for some period of time, and he's got a cuttable contract at the end of the season if it ever came down to that.

But he ain't getting cut, so there is not put arguing about whether he should or shouldn't be because he won't be.

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 03:15 AM ----------

I wish Morgan would have realized that what he did on the play was put us in position and a chance to at least tie the game. Really, what good is throwing a football at them like it's really going to hurt the other player. Hurt them where it counts. Then just go over and give them a big grin as you walk to the exit.

He lost his composure. Finnegan's an ******* and their whole team was chippy the whole game and he let it get to him. No excuses, but yeah.

ok just got done watching the game on nfl rewind... my thoughts.

-i'm glad it's over, that was one of the sloppier games ive ever seen

-not suprised we lost. it was evident early (despite us being ahead), that the rams were dictating the game

-coaching was pitiful top to bottom. danny smith, thats two blocks in two games. haslett, i dont understand why your defense can only cover one type of play at a time, this isnt tecmo bowl. shanny-you cant run rg3 15 times a game, there are other options for our offense, use them.

-seriously, a 62 yard field goal from cundiff, wth are you smoking? i thought it was a joke to get the rams to waste a timeout on a kicker freeze, it which case we would try to score with rg3 and leave the rams with less time (if there was any time at all)

-refs were atrocious, and there were many calls that went wrong for both sides (rams in the 1st quarter, skins towards the end). cant let the players get outta control either.

-josh morgan, dont expect to be playing anytime soon, we've got hungry guys waiting for an opportunity that dont do stupid things like that.

The silver lining: at least RG3 didn't lose the game for us or otherwise embarrass himself. The greater DC area would shut down from all the suicides.

Frankly, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised we're 1-1, and I shouldn't be surprised with how it happened either. Our coaching is abysmal and has been since Gibbs left. Shanahan doesn't know how to get the team motivated two weeks in a row.

A lot of you guys are asking for Morgan's head or a benching, I don't think he deserves either. The game was chippy, he let his emotions get the better of him and he made a mistake. A mistake I'm sure he regrets. But not a mistake that by itself cost us the game. There's a lot of blame to go around on that. I like Morgan. I think he's a good dude and has the best hands on the team. I like the toughness and blocking that he brings to the table as well.

A lot of you guys are asking for Morgan's head or a benching, I don't think he deserves either. The game was chippy, he let his emotions get the better of him and he made a mistake. A mistake I'm sure he regrets. But not a mistake that by itself cost us the game. There's a lot of blame to go around on that. I like Morgan. I think he's a good dude and has the best hands on the team. I like the toughness and blocking that he brings to the table as well.

What the devil is this? A reasonable opinion about a player who made a mistake? BLASPHEMY! He should be cut, fined, suspended for the year, and just for kicks, someone should fart in his general direction.

What the devil is this? A reasonable opinion about a player who made a mistake? BLASPHEMY! He should be cut, fined, suspended for the year, and just for kicks, someone should fart in his general direction.

Yeah, amongst all "the sky is falling" posts is a pretty decent mixture of logic & reason thrown in to really add some balance to the thread. You just gotta read thru the mire to find it.

If Morgan gets benched, I want Mike Shanahan benched for calling that timeout that cost us 3 points. What is our coach free of blame because he makes the decisions? People are being unreasonable. The hate for Morgan on twitter makes me want to vomit.

Archived