Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

I'm not sure what your statement is meant to point out, but did you watch the past two games? Did you not see him step up and complete a 88 yard catch and run to Garçon, while getting hit? Or the stiff arm to throw across the field to Davis for 20+ yard sideline tiptoe catch last week? How about the long bomb TD Hankerson today and the perfect pass dropped by Robinson (which hit him in the numbers) for an easy 6.

We got out game planned and out played. Simple as that. RG3, Morris, and Fletcher were the only ones who wanted this bad enough. Fletch played his heart out and stopped 2 scoring drives in an INT in the endzone and a fumble on the Rams final drive.

Some of you guys need to dust off your sarcasm meters :ols:

I can't believer someone in here is actually arguing that 4th and 16 is a better gamble than a 62 yard FG in a dome. Cundiff puts KOs out of the end zone almost every time...he had a shot to make that kick.

Cundiff's career long is 56 yards and he has made a total of ONE field goal over 50 yards in the last 6 years. Kickoffs with a running start and no pressure coming from the opposing team to block is a totally different scenario than trying a long field goal.

Giving RG III the ball and letting him try to make a 16 yard play is an infinitely better option than allowing a kicker who does not convert long distance FG's anymore (including 1 for 7 last season) - and has never made anything close to a 62 yarder in his entire 10 year career to try what amounts to a hail mary with the game on the line...

Agree to disagree man. But I'd love to see your stats supporting the argument that teams convert 4th and 16 "all the time" in the NFL. I do know that a kicker with a weaker leg just made a 63 yard FG last weekend.

I'll bow out though...I just don't have an issue with that decision there, it was a problem with no good solution.

Well maybe not all the time but I'd say its happened more times than people kicking 62 yard + FGs. :) Didn't mean to keep coming at you either. Let's agree to disagree and hope we never see that situation again either way!

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 10:26 PM ----------

Some of you guys need to dust off your sarcasm meters :ols:

The meters are always off or not working properly after a loss like this...

i understand...i don't understand why you feel he can't throw the ball downfield however

This is an extreme nitpick but I will say the deep ball has been a little off. I thought somebody was going to pull out a shotgun and shoot that duck that was flying down field to Hankerson. Aldrick also had to stop and come back for his ball I believe, no excuse though. Seemed like he left a couple short last week too. Still waiting for those long beautiful passes from Baylor to pop up here consistenly. I have no worries though and he will get it.

The thing that keeps bugging me is that this team still can't put two solid games together. The Rams were beatable today but the Redskins couldn't get out of their own way, again.

The drops, lining up in the wrong place, false start (by Moss?), offsides, blocked punt, unsportsmanlikes, on and on and on.....by guys that have been around for a while....hard to figure out what this team is, where it's going and if it's really improving.

Tough enough with average talent and a rookie QB on the road but still, shouldn't this team be executing better than this?

Cambell talks about Morgan being contrite

@MiltonZ3rd Yeah. He said "I should've kept my calm," or some variation of that approximately a million times.

It was that kind of game with pushing and shoving from both teams after plays all day - but what Morgan did was just stupid. He knows it and does not need to be told. But he will be,

This is a tough loss to a team we should have beaten. They are a better team than some posters were making out on ES leading up to the game and they came into this game with a chip on their shoulders and were aggressive trying to get under our skins - it worked. This will be a good teaching opportunity for Shanny with a young team, you have to play with composure and you have to do your job. As for Morgan I expect to see Hankerson start next week assuming Garcon is back - but talk of cutting Morgan etc is silly. He knows he blew it and he should be given a chance to make up for it.

On other matters as good as the defensive game plan was last week it was terrible this week and the lack of in game adjustment was inexcusable on that side of the ball. Two blocked punts in two weeks is also inexcusable.

This was a good reality check for this team and us as fans. We have a lot to be excited about and we are heading the right way but the weaknesses in our defensive secondary and the mess ups on special teams will cost us games. We look like a circa .500 team to me, with a few calls or bounces making the difference between 6 or 7 wins or 8 or 9 wins.

It was that kind of game with pushing and shoving from both teams after plays all day - but what Morgan did was just stupid. He knows it and does not need to be told. But he will be,

This is a tough loss to a team we should have beaten. They are a better team than some posters were making out on ES leading up to the game and they came into this game with a chip on their shoulders and were aggressive trying to get under our skins - it worked. This will be a good teaching opportunity for Shanny with a young team - you have to play with composure and you have to do your job. As for Morgan I expect to see Hankerson start next week assuming Garcon is back - but talk of cutting Morgan etc is silly - he knows he blew it and he should be given a chance to make up for it.

On other matters as good as the defensive game plan was last this week it was terrible this week and the lack of in game adjustment was inexcusable on that side of the ball. Two blocked punts in two weeks is also inexcusable.

This was a good reality check for this team and us as fans. We have a lot to be excited about and we are heading the right way but the weaknesses in our defensive secondary and the mess ups on special teams will cost us games. We look like a circa .500 team to me, with a few calls or bounces making the difference between 6 or 7 wins or 8 or 9 wins.

Agree 100%

Oh yeah, I saw those. :) That was pretty much it though. I have yet to see him step up in the pocket and throw one on a rope to someone 20 yards downfield. Then again, his pass protection wasn't all that great. And I'm sure the receivers not getting open contributed.

I forgot to mention that we have very minimal pass rush.

Ummm.....it's week 2. He's a rookie. I'm sure that once things start slowing down for him, he'll be slingin' the rock all over the field, but you gotta give him some time.

The fact that we haven't seen a QB throw a ball like him in a very very long time is encouraging to me. That 68 yard bomb was on the money. Sexy Rexy would have thrown an INT there or overthrown everyone. RG3 has accuracy.

The pass to Robinson was on the money. I think he lost track of it & dropped it. It happens. But to say that RG3 can't throw the ball downfield because he hasn't stepped into a pass & slung it 20 yards...? Are you kidding me? :doh:

I think we should examine the fact that he's an Olympic style hurdler, yet still can't leap over tall buildings in a single bound.

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 10:19 PM ----------

As for Morgan I expect to see Hankerson start next week assuming Garcon is back - but talk of cutting Morgan etc is silly. He knows he blew it and he should be given a chance to make up for it.

Yeah, the "cut Morgan" talk is serious over reaction & makes little sense. Morgan is a good player who made a mistake. It happens to the best of us. Fletch was in a pretty emotional state himself. But he's been in the League for 17 years, he's got the experience to know better.

A good talking to & a chance to redeem himself is what he needs. Cutting or sitting him would be an even bigger mistake. Not just for him, but for the team as well. He does it again, then we can talk sitting him, but not cutting him.

Now, we wanna talk about cutting someone....I'd entertain the idea of cutting Hall.

I agree. This is a great opportunity for Shanahan to use this as a teaching tool. Not just for RG3, but the whole team.

Quick observation on both offensive series to start the game and the second half we went 3 & out. To open the game are we still scripting plays in advance? "..".............also 2nd half we opened w penalty then Fred Davis miss nap play, is this just mental miscues or lack of discipline to start game or half?

If you had read the post I was referring to we were talking about his ability to throw the ball down field. That's it. Overall his play has been tremendous.

Stop it. To say he can't throw downfield is absurd. Did you even watch the game? If Robinson caught that pass, RGIII would have had 2 TD's over 65 yards today. Both deep bombs.

it's sad man...I swear they care more for Cooley than the team

the dude is done.

he is slow and injury prone. He would bring nothing to the team...

I can see how people would say things like this. And I am biased, I'm a big Cooley fan.

But I have NEVER thought that veteran leadership, combined with the ability to help keep people loose during the drudgery stuff and focused during the important stuff, plus the ability to fill in at multiple positions (who fills in for Young at FB if he goes down at this point BTW) is somehow bringing "nothing" to the team. Now, in addition I would feel a lot better on 3rd and long in Dallas if Cooley was there to provide a reliable option for our great, but still rookie, QB. AND I will go with Kyle Shanahan's assessment of Cooley having a "Great" camp and pre-season over what we here on this forum come up with as a critique. I have never heard anybody on the coaching staff or others with the team say anything LIKE he would bring nothing to the team.

He never was the fastest option for any of the QB's he played for. Yes, he had an injury --near as I can tell, everyone with any first hand knowledge of the situation says he was healed up. ANY and ALL players are subject to [further] injury at any time.

Is he the greatest tight end in the world? Not in my estimation. Can we win without him? I think so. Is he worth the 6 million or whatever he was slated to get this year? I definitely don't think so -that's starter money and he's not a starter anymore.

Would he bring "nothing to the team"? Pleeeeease.

If it ultimately comes down to having the best 53 on our team, is it ok to question if Jordan Pugh and Crezdon Butler bring more to the team than Cooley would? I would take Cooley over Niles Paul, personally, and while I think Briscoe has a lot of potential I do have to point out, as a Missouri guy, that the dude came out of the Can's ***** (I think they spell it Kansas over there, the poor deluded fools).

The Redskins Coaches and GM know a thousand times more about it than I ever will and I will definitely bow to their judgment. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it or that it isn't legitimate to raise the questions, IMO.

Morgan is bone headed. RGIII made a perfect throw,the correct read, and JM ran a perfect route.Then Morgan (in the hurry up Offense may I add) decided to try to make a home run play ????WTF in the hurry up? I never seen a vet try to do that before. Most players don't want to fight for the extra yards due to time,you can fumble,or LOSE yards ala JM. Why didn't he just catch the ball and fall forward for the 1st and hurry up back to get the next play? Instead of running backwards and losing 4 yards,and then the penalty ..smh Come on man

Yeah. Two all game. Wow.

Is this serious? That would have given him four total TD's. Kind of a pretty good day, maybe. :doh:

There was one play that I saw where he clearly COULD have thrown downfield to an open man and didn't.

I can't believe that you're actually questioning his ability to throw downfield. That was THE most easily projectable part of his skill-set coming out.

This is an extreme nitpick but I will say the deep ball has been a little off. I thought somebody was going to pull out a shotgun and shoot that duck that was flying down field to Hankerson. Aldrick also had to stop and come back for his ball I believe, no excuse though. Seemed like he left a couple short last week too. Still waiting for those long beautiful passes from Baylor to pop up here consistenly. I have no worries though and he will get it.

How was the first pass a duck?

It landed right in Hankerson's hands---he almost dropped it, but he didn't have to come back for it. 70-something yards in the air and it went right into the receivers hand...and it's a duck? I think we call that "touch".

On Aldrick's drop, it looked to me like there was a safety over the top so Aldrick pulled it back. I have to re-watch the game. But deep accuracy isn't something that just happens, even for RG3. Kendall Wright and RG3 and those other receivers were together for a long time to develop that kind of chemistry.

How was the first pass a duck?

It landed right in Hankerson's hands---he almost dropped it, but he didn't have to come back for it. 70-something yards in the air and it went right into the receivers hand...and it's a duck? I think we call that "touch".

On Aldrick's drop, it looked to me like there was a safety over the top so Aldrick pulled it back. I have to re-watch the game. But deep accuracy isn't something that just happens, even for RG3. Kendall Wright and RG3 and those other receivers were together for a long time to develop that kind of chemistry.

Like I said it was just an extreme nitpick that the pass to Hankerson was an ugly spiral thats all. No biggie. Definitely hit him beautifully in stride.

I agree about the deep accuracy, thats why I said I am not worried. They just need to work together more on it and they will get it together.

I have no worries about the offense..especially at full strength, hell we've barely mastered the screen game yet, when we start clicking on all phases it should be a great sight to behold. What concerns me is obviously the defense. We're dealt a ****ty hand with the injuries beginning to mount up but the play calling is just beginning to see questionable again. We've been terrible defensively since that blocked punt at the end of the New Orleans game. I'm not a fan of how we were playing coverage for the most the team when it seemed pretty obvious with what the rams wanted to do. It'd be alright if we were one of those defenses that bends but doesn't break...but I have a feeling Griffin might be playing from behind more often than a rookie ought to, and not because of some shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball.

As opposed to exactly ZERO all year last year.

In fact, I can't remember the last time we saw a QB drop 2 passes like that right on the money in the same SEASON, muchless the same game.

Geez, give the kid a break already.

Seriously! QB is now the least of our worries.

Archived