Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

Gosh yes he make a big mistake but there were tons of mistakes and dumb penalties that lead up to this. Everyone is freaking out at Josh because that was the last thing everyone saw. They shouldn't have been in that position at the end of the game period.

I'm pissed about more than just Josh. Believe me. However, this is a Morgan Thread!

Yep, didn't they miss a 10 second runoff at the end of the half that gave St Louis 3 points too? I am unclear on that rule though so could be mistaken.

I was wondering the same thing. Seems that runoff is very unevenly called, but I think that should have been the end of the half.

BINGO!! Before he even threw the ball and blew the game for us, I was screaming at the TV during the play. If he cuts the other way and takes it up field, it's a first down!! I couldn't believe he cut and ran the way he did. He cut to the outside and right into 4 defenders! What does he bring to the table that Briscoe doesn't? or Robinson?

Cut Banks & Morgan. Activate Briscoe. Resign Cooley.

Briscoe was active today, and the one time he was targeted he ran the wrong route.

I can't believe what I am reading in some of these idiotic threads tonight. Truly, as the mean age of members go down, so goes any semblance of intelligence. Just too stupid for words. Future of Josh Morgan? Good Grief!

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of this thread has concurred he just needs a cut in playing time next week and then we can all move on. Most people aren't for cutting him which is overkill.

Is it me or is Aldrick Robinson getting a pass? A huge one...

Gotta make those catches. However, he played a decent game and also got wide open deep late in the 4th quarter. RGIII just didn't see him. So yes, relative to Josh Morgan's colossal stupidity, he gets a pass.

This is what did it for me! Everyone knows how Finnegan plays.

Finnegan tries his best to get inside players heads; an example would be the fight with Andrea Johnson, and many other players in the league.

Morgan knows how stupid he looked once that play ended, and Finnegan was smiling. I do think it's wrong Finnegan got away without a penalty, because it should have been two flags that nullified each other.

The refs instead chose to make a flag game breaking.

Yeah our defense sucked. I barely recognized them out there... I thought our defense would definitely hold the Rams under 20 points, but I guess not.

It's easy for an offense to score when the defense doesn't put anybody within 15 yards of them. On that screen pass that took St Louis down to the 1, the we had one on one coverage at the top of the screen. Before the snap Wilson I think it was just peels off and runs like 20 yards backwards. What the hell is that about? Naturally the screen play is to that side and there isn't a redskins player on screen until he is so yards down field.

I am just completely perplexed by what Haslett was doing today.

this thread is just a damn shame. The fact that we are debating this shows how sad a fanbase we are...

I've said it for awhile now...we are closing in on Philly's level.

We are smarter than this guys...

Agreed...this along with the dildod post in the game thread about bringing in Cousins after the RGIII pick. Idiocy is running rampant.

And even if the poster WAS kidding, the fact that he would post that "joke" at that particular time would make it no less idiotic than if it weren't a joke.

I don't mind the thread, it's a good discussion point after the game, obviously no need for a poll, there's legit no way he's being cut.

cost us a game... cut him. be a pro

Hopefully this was a drunk/knee jerk response after the game, I was certainly furious after the game so I can understand but there's no way he should be cut for this one mistake. Although it does make me question his role on the team.

It's easy for an offense to score when the defense doesn't put anybody within 15 yards of them. On that screen pass that took St Louis down to the 1, the we had one on one coverage at the top of the screen. Before the snap Wilson I think it was just peels off and runs like 20 yards backwards. What the hell is that about? Naturally the screen play is to that side and there isn't a redskins player on screen until he is so yards down field.

I am just completely perplexed by what Haslett was doing today.

Well, to be fair... Wilson was asked to cover three players solo on that side of the field (okay, it was two) but goodness, it was some of the worst gamecalling I ever saw.

I can't believer someone in here is actually arguing that 4th and 16 is a better gamble than a 62 yard FG in a dome. Cundiff puts KOs out of the end zone almost every time...he had a shot to make that kick.

That was a little questionable as well. I don't even think he had enough leg if the ball had gone straight?

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 09:58 PM ----------

I was wondering the same thing. Seems that runoff is very unevenly called, but I think that should have been the end of the half.

Yeh, what was the deal with that? I know a lot of people were talking about that play when I was watching it at the skins fans club? fill me in. People were saying it should of been runoff and there should of been no time left

I can't believer someone in here is actually arguing that 4th and 16 is a better gamble than a 62 yard FG in a dome. Cundiff puts KOs out of the end zone almost every time...he had a shot to make that kick.

If that is the case, why is his career long only 56 yards? You don't get the running start on a FG you get on a kickoff its completely different. There was no chance he hits a FG 1 yard shy of the NFL record. I'd much rather take my chance on 4th and 16 with our best player and with all the possible outcomes that could have kept the game alive.

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

That was a little questionable as well. I don't even think he had enough leg if the ball had gone straight?

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 09:58 PM ----------

Yeh, what was the deal with that? I know a lot of people were talking about that play when I was watching it at the skins fans club? fill me in. People were saying it should of been runoff and there should of been no time left

I thought the rule was if an offense commits a penalty under a certain point in time of each half (could be a minute not sure but definitely under 10 seconds) there is a 10 second runoff. There were 7 seconds left when the Rams committed holding. I thought that should have ended the half.

I don't mind the thread, it's a good discussion point after the game, obviously no need for a poll, there's legit no way he's being cut.

Hopefully this was a drunk/knee jerk response after the game, I was certainly furious after the game so I can understand but there's no way he should be cut for this one mistake. Although it does make me question his role on the team

Is it me or is Aldrick Robinson getting a pass? A huge one...

Agreed.

I thought the rule was if an offense commits a penalty under a certain point in time of each half (could be a minute not sure but definitely under 10 seconds) there is a 10 second runoff. There were 7 seconds left when the Rams committed holding. I thought that should have ended the half.

Thats it.

Ugh, Im just looking at the Morgan play Finnegan def got in his head. Im over it, that stuff happens hopefully it doesn't happen again

After Morgan went "Full Michael Westbrook" on us, that was ballgame and Shanny knew it.

No sense in getting RG3 killed on 4th and forever so tell your kicker...who you know going in has no shot to kick that far, give it a shot for the hell of it.

Gano...the guy that kicked a 59 yarder last year, might have had a better shot at that but Cundiff?

No way in hell......

Archived