Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

If Morgan gets benched, I want Mike Shanahan benched for calling that timeout that cost us 3 points. What is our coach free of blame because he makes the decisions? People are being unreasonable. The hate for Morgan on twitter makes me want to vomit.

He won't get benched, or at least not completely. He probably won't start and lose the Z spot to Hank for a game or so. He's not getting cut though, so people talking about how he should be is ultimately stupid and pointless.

Yeah your right, winning really doesn't mean your better. Maybe they will start giving playoff spots to the last place teams based on excuses. That would be cool.

Maybe they should give playoff spots two games into the season. This argument is ridiculous. A team can win by 3 points one day and lose by 30 the next. How can you then say that the 3 point win "proves they're better"?

Many Redskins have made mistakes like that and kept their job. The only players that got cut are kickers...people like Suisham and Gano.

DAngelo, for instance, made critical mistakes, and I believe, even got 15 once for a dumb play against the Cowboys late. He kept his job.

Don't overreact, because Morgan might end up winning the game next week or something. You never know :ols: What he did was stupid, but I'll give him another chance.

I don't want Morgan cut, but I hope they give Hank the start over him next week to make a point about idiot penalities that cost a real chance to tie the game won't be tolerated.

How ballsey was it from Fisher to pull Jackson for the dumbass penalty to make a point and et the tone right from the very start of his tenure that NO name is beyond reproach?

Hail.

If we are soley speaking of the blown play by Morgan... Yes it was STUPID but I was sick of seeing the rams play as dirty as they were and nothing being done by the refs.:mad: That game was the worst in term of refs I can ever remember. I would have loved to see him take the player to the ground and rip his eyes out....

How ballsey was it from Fisher to pull Jackson for the dumbass penalty to make a point and et the tone right from the very start of his tenure that NO name is beyond reproach?

Hail.

I liked it and I bet he won't do anything stupid the rest of the season. Hopefully Mike sends the same message to Josh this weekend.

A few positives came out of this game as well. I think RGIII was the only reason this game was even close. The rams controlled the clock and the game for the most part. We did end up going 2 for 2 in the red zone, both due to RGIII TD runs. Last year we might have settled for FGs in these situations. The ability of Griffin to run and pick up huge first downs kept a lot of our drives going. I think we need to be excited that we can hang in any game even if we don't play our best.

Hail.

Jeff Fisher said after the game that Jackson had a groin injury and was not benched. Here is a link from nfl.com, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062872/article/jeff-fisher-steven-jackson-was-injured-not-benched?module=HP11_headline_stack

Remember people, this season is about learning and seeing what kind of QB we have to build around.

If other players (Paul who has been awful, Moss who has been a ghost, Robinson droppng passes) do not start stepping up. RG3 will be on the IR. We cannot continue to have him be force to run and make plays. He took way to many hits yesterday. He is dynamic and makes things happen, but he cannot do it alone.

I can forgive Morgan. It was a hotheaded reaction in a dirty game where we had been receiving cheap shots for hours.

Haslett however, CANNOT be forgiven. Its literally like he gameplanned to allow the Rams to move the ball as easily as possible, and he didnt make any changes until it was too late. I guarantee that team does not score 31 points or gain as many yards the entire rest of the season. Completely pathetic that we allowed the same # of points to the Saints and Rams.

I'm tired of the punk me punk you attitude from the players form Miami and VT, I can't beleive Moss defended Morgan for his action. Time to play on the field and not like in cell block C. Hall, Merriweather, Montgomery, Morgan and Moss all need to adjust their attitudes before they cost us more games. Yeah, yeah I know, special teams, defensive scheme and scabs refs all made it an ugly game but I'm sick of the attitudes. At least RG3 is the real deal and Morris looks like he is going to be a beast. OK, rant over, I'm OK now........

That is ridiculous. Morgan is a standup guy and never had any type of "thug" attitude or conduct before, during or after he was at Virginia Tech. He lost his cool in a moment thats all.

Every school has bad apples. I didn't hear people complaining about Thug 'U' either when Portis, Taylor and Moss were doing great things for our team. Get this crap out of here.

he said morgan was right to retaliate, said "ain't nobody going to punk us without us punking them...."

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 11:00 AM ----------

Hasn't yet, but wait, he will

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 11:00 AM ----------

Hasn't yet, but wait, he will

I'm tired of the punk me punk you attitude from the players form Miami and VT, I can't beleive Moss defended Morgan for his action. Time to play on the field and not like in cell block C. Hall, Merriweather, Montgomery, Morgan and Moss all need to adjust their attitudes before they cost us more games. Yeah, yeah I know, special teams, defensive scheme and scabs refs all made it an ugly game but I'm sick of the attitudes. At least RG3 is the real deal and Morris looks like he is going to be a beast. OK, rant over, I'm OK now........

This strange need people suddenly have to pretend a thrown football equates to criminal behavior, now in your post an inmate, really needs to stop. A guy got hit in the head and lost his cool and unfortunately that sort of thing happens at times. Every week in the NFL we see guys cheap shot someone trying to bait someone into retaliating and the refs flag the second action (thus encouraging more of the first). It is not something indicative of criminal behavior. Most fans don't have the emotional control to avoid that sort of outburst... just go watch adults at kids soccer games in the suburbs and tell me how Morgan's behavior compares. Cell Block C indeed.

Archived