Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

Of all the things that went wrong, the worst IMO was the blocked punt because it happened again and was almost identical to last week. This should have been corrected after last week but wasn't at all. IMO, Shanahan was covering for Smith when he was asked about the play and said it was a gunner who was heading downfield. This is PISS POOR STs coaching and now other teams know that this is definite deficiency on this team now.

Next time you drop your tray or mistype something (whatever you do for a living), would you expect to get fired?

I don't get paid millions of dollars. I expect him to keep his composure during the most critical point of a game. It was a selfish, stupid play that undermined everything the offense was trying to do. He turned a 47 yard field goal that could tie the game into a nearly impossible 62 yarder. Don't cut him, but send him deep down the depth chart for a couple weeks until he starts making plays and earns his spot back.

Btw, is anyone else sick of Haslett and not making adjustments? My god, Bradford was able to throw 5-10 yards all game long and it looked like the defense never changed.

And damn smith. I have no words. 2 blocked punts in 2 games? With the amount of blocked field goals past year? Call it what you will, players not executing and what not, but at what point does it become the fault of the coach? Sorry to vent all in one thread but thats what I got out of this game. A rookie played a magnificent game again to be undermined by poor decision making, bad defensive calls and adjusmtents( against backups btw) and bad coaching.

I agree but you have to do something. Jeff Fisher made an example out of Jackson today. I'm glad he stuck by it the entire game too. Can't let players think they can get away with playing undisciplined.

I hope Shanny is on the phone with Fisher right now telling him how they need to make an example out of Josh and Steven and that he'll agree to cut Josh if JF agrees to cut Jackson. Make it happen Shanny!

Stop just stop. I think this is reaching the point that it is disrespectfull to Cooley. You guys can't just toss his name out like he can fill every position on the field. 47 was a hell of a player here for a lot of years but that time has passed. Cooley only comes back in a emergency situation if we have injuries and not any other way.

it's sad man...I swear they care more for Cooley than the team

the dude is done.

he is slow and injury prone. He would bring nothing to the team...

I hope Shanny is on the phone with Fisher right now telling him how they need to make an example out of Josh and Steven and that he'll agree to cut Josh if JF agrees to cut Jackson. Make it happen Shanny!

I hope shanny is on the phone with Fischer telling him his team is a bunch of dirty classless bums. Finnegan is as dirty as they come and fits in just right with Fischer and his usuall classlessness, if you remember he got Andre Johnson to snap too. Yeah I'm mad Morgan made the poor decision he did, but there's only so much you can take and dirt Courtney finnally got him.

He still had 5 catches for 50 yards. One mistake. Our defense should be to blame, that and our special teams.

Agreed. I would love to punch him in the face for costing us a chance at the field goal due to a stupid emotional outburst, sure. But will I blame him for our loss? Hell no. How about Aldrick dropping a 70 yard touchdown? How about our inept defense and awful special teams?

Immature, boneheaded move that cost our boys a chance at a beautiful, last-second comeback and a 2-0 start to the season. But I'm pretty sure we just signed him to a big contract so nobody's cutting him.

Bench him for the 1st half next week. I'm sure he understands what he did was stupid and it needs to be shown that losing your cool won't be allowed on the field.

Hell, Steven Jackson got benched for his behavior. Unless some kind of injury happen and it wasn't reported.

He still had 5 catches for 50 yards. One mistake. Our defense should be to blame, that and our special teams.

I agree. Josh made a really bad decision but that was followed up by an even more ridiculous decision to take the ball out of Griffin's hands and attempt a 62 yard field goal with a guy whose career long ( a long career btw) is only 56. I'd take my chances with Griffin on 4th and 16 over that any day. You could have blown coverage, pass interfence, Griffin scrambles, roughing, facemask, anytthing over the incredibly unrealistic chance of Cundiff making that FG.

I'm not saying that Cooley would have made the Redskins win this game but I think the main thing he would add right now is veteran leadership which I think is important for this team on offense. They are pretty young on offense besides Moss and I think you need those types of players to have a winning team.

I agree. Josh made a really bad decision but that was followed up by an even more ridiculous decision to take the ball out of Griffin's hands and attempt a 62 yard field goal with a guy whose career long ( a long career btw) is only 56. I'd take my chances with Griffin on 4th and 16 over that any day. You could have blown coverage, pass interfence, Griffin scrambles, roughing, facemask, anytthing over the incredibly unrealistic chance of Cundiff making that FG.

yeah really, but man if you hear what moss said "im kinda glad we lost so we can figure things out and correct them", of course i paraphrased that. But it was a team effort in that loss, and we need to fix a lot.

They shouldn't cut him for losing his cool; they should cut him for cutting back and not picking up an easy first down there.

BINGO!! Before he even threw the ball and blew the game for us, I was screaming at the TV during the play. If he cuts the other way and takes it up field, it's a first down!! I couldn't believe he cut and ran the way he did. He cut to the outside and right into 4 defenders! What does he bring to the table that Briscoe doesn't? or Robinson?

Cut Banks & Morgan. Activate Briscoe. Resign Cooley.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade or a turd a turd. Officiating played a role in this defeat.

The biggest part of it was our ineptness on defense and our inexcusable defensive strategy. The refs certainly played a part and to pretend they didn't isn't being noble. It's being an ostrich.

Yep, didn't they miss a 10 second runoff at the end of the half that gave St Louis 3 points too? I am unclear on that rule though so could be mistaken.

Of all the things that went wrong, the worst IMO was the blocked punt because it happened again and was almost identical to last week. This should have been corrected after last week but wasn't at all. IMO, Shanahan was covering for Smith when he was asked about the play and said it was a gunner who was heading downfield. This is PISS POOR STs coaching and now other teams know that this is definite deficiency on this team now.

It was actually worse than last week since there were two guys back there today that could have blocked the punt. I assume both went through untouched. Looking forward to seeing 3 Bengals back there hanging out with Rocca next week.

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 09:45 PM ----------

Jeff Fisher coached teams always play dirty as ****. The refs let them get away with it. **** the Rams. **** Jeff Fisher. And **** the scab refs.

Amen

Archived