Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

Ok, so everyone is to blame. It was a team loss. Also, we injured the hell out of the Rams. If WE can come out of this healthy is what I am looking at. Remember this thing is a marathon. That said, the weaknesses on Defense that we expected to see against the Saints surfaced today. Hoping that can be fixed.

Thread close.

Mike icing the kicker was not the reason we lost. There were a ton of miscues today that lead to us losing.

LOL Mike calling that time out had nothing to do with the lose. Well I guess we have some fans in hear that don't understand football. If he doesn't call that time out we would have been tied. That 3 points was the difference in the game so don't act like that had nothing to do with the outcome.

This game was horribly officiated. Our D was terrible, the oline couldn’t block, wr dropping passes. This game proves that last week went to this teams head. RGIII as good as he is already will need this team to now focus and realize there is still a long way to go befor it is as good as it can be. This is a game that should have been won but poor concentration resulted in really poor play. Lets hope they refocus for next week!!

The same guy who hit all 4 FG's last week? Okay...

Morgan's a moron for 1) running backward thinking he's Barry Sanders and 2) well, we all saw

Just a complete joke of a sequence. And I don't know why we tried a FG. At least chuck it up.

You're talking to a Ravens fan. Trust someone that knows, when it really matters and there's real pressure he folds. Did you see how off the 62 yarder was? Not even in the neighborhood

No doubt Morgan is going to be disciplined by Shanny and the team. He may have even moved down on the depth chart. But to cut him when you have no other options is ridiculous.

A part of me can't blame him cuz the Rams were handing out dirty shots all day and the refs were doing nothing to control it.

You're talking to a Ravens fan. Trust someone that knows, when it really matters he folds. Did you see how off the 62 yarder was? Not even in the neighborhood

It was known that he couldn't hit that. Not sure why he was put in that position at all.

I'm a smart guy and all, but if you put a Calculus 302 final in front of me, I'll fail the **** out of it because that's just not what I do.

Josh Morgan, PREGAME COMMENTS on Cortland Finnegan:

“He’s the ultimate competitor, a great competitor. He’s one of those guys that plays—you know how they say play to the whistle? He’s one of those guys that plays until you walk back to the huddle…He’s just got a little extracurricular with him, you know.”

How you stop him: The key, according to Morgan, is to play your own game and not allow Finnegan to get to you.

Retaliating, Morgan said, could result in a costly penalty.

You don’t want to be the second guy because the second guy is going to get caught,” Morgan said. “He’s going to come at you and he’s going to be the first, second and third guy. You’ve got to remind yourself not to be that fourth and fifth guy, and throw your hands up and walk back to the huddle.”

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/13/rams-defensive-player-to-watch-cb-cortland-finnegan/

picard-facepalm.jpg

why is he a thug?? because he threw a damn football?

stupid? hell yes...but come on man

Haha, here I thought thug was a mild insult! Is he a Finnegan or Suh? No, but he's no where near as talented as either of them either. It wasn't a dirty play on his part, but I'm still completely baffled on how someone who has played the game for this long makes such an idiot move at that point in the game.

You think Finnegan respects Morgan any more now? Hell no, he's probably laughing his ass off at that chump and popping champagne over the win. Morgan needs to handle his **** like a professional. Look at fletcher, he makes his case to the refs after that late shot, they're idiots and so he gets angry and makes that great fumble. If you want to retaliate, retaliate in a scrum or have the last laugh and get the win, don't do something THAT dumb.

Guys it's all my fault I'm sorry. I was watching it in the bedroom and we were winning but than I got hungry and went to the living room to eat and watched the fourth quarter there, jinxing us. I'm sooooo sorry...

Don't ever leave your bedroom again.. EVER... I don't care if your hungry or thirsty you STARVE next time...... ;)

That may have been the worst-officiated game I have ever seen. Absolutely have every right to complain.

Sorry, what happened to not to making excuses after a loss on the athletic field even if they are valid? Be graceful in victory or defeat, but especially in a defeat. I'm proud of our players for accepting reality...we lost the game because the other team scored more points than we did. Bottom line.

Sorry, what happened to not to making excuses after a loss on the athletic field even if they are valid? Be graceful in victory or defeat, but especially in a defeat. I'm proud of our players for accepting reality...we lost the game because the other team scored more points than we did. Bottom line.

Oh please, enough of the Self-Esteem Movement attitude. I'm not saying they cost us anything but it was completely inexcusable to let the game get that out of hand. There was **** happening after every damn play. They are supposed to enforce player safety. Cheap shots and late hits all over the place and most of it, I'd say 95% was not committed by those in burgundy. It's one thing to not understand the rulebook, it's another to let dangerous plays take place on the field. Completely unacceptable environment on the field today.

Archived