Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

I don't blame him for the loss...we were fortunate to be in a position to steal the game from the rams. We had no business being in it with how awful our defense is this season. He'll learn his lesson from this, he has been decent in run blocking and has fairly good hands. He isn't the only reason we lost, just the one people are able to single out the most easy.

He screwed up big time- his cutting outside instead of turning upfield to get first down was almost as bad (benefit of the doubt- he was trying to get out of bounds?).

I wonder if Tampa cutting him had anything to do with immaturity?

But he is young. Heck we are young. I remember when a young, unheralded LB named Antonio Pierce made a bone headed play on a FG kick (dont recall particulars... maybe someone will) and I wanted him GONE.

We have some weapons and FINALLY a QB. I think we should be more worried about him killing himself running all the time... but that is not the topic of the thread.

Morgan screwed up. Lets hope he learns. If he does not- then we can him.

I'm not making a case for Cooley. Just expressing that Paul doesn't seem to be much of a factor. For that matter, Davis has been quiet TY too

It feels like Dezmon Briscoe made the team at the expense of a special teamer and Niles made the team at the expense of a TE.

jesus christ...you're gonna cut someone YOU JUST signed to a bigass contract?

do you understand what that would cost?

Exactly. WR was a big deficiency on this team for years and Garcon and him were brought here as upgrades which they are. I'd rather have him over Moss, Armstrong, and Banks which is what they had last year. This was a HUGE lesson for him and hopefully he never does it again.

Exactly. WR was a big deficiency on this team for years and Garcon and him were brought here as upgrades which they are. I'd rather have him over Moss, Armstrong, and Banks which is what they had last year. This was a HUGE lesson for him and hopefully he never does it again.

Agreed. Being a VT fan I have followed him and he is a good guy. Lost his cool though and made a stupid mistake. He will be ok and help us win games though. We need him.

They shouldn't cut him for losing his cool; they should cut him for cutting back and not picking up an easy first down there.

I agree. I don't get why not get the first down first.

I'm sure having the first down would have been better than the possibility of gaining more yards,

but instead he doesn't get the first down plus costing the team 15 yards.

Great job Morgan.:doh:

Stop just stop. I think this is reaching the point that it is disrespectfull to Cooley. You guys can't just toss his name out like he can fill every position on the field. 47 was a hell of a player here for a lot of years but that time has passed. Cooley only comes back in a emergency situation if we have injuries and not any other way.

Archived