Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

After Morgan went "Full Michael Westbrook" on us, that was ballgame and Shanny knew it.

No sense in getting RG3 killed on 4th and forever so tell your kicker...who you know going in has no shot to kick that far, give it a shot for the hell of it.

Gano...the guy that kicked a 59 yarder last year, might have had a better shot at that but Cundiff?

No way in hell......

I disagree, we don't just throw in the towel and kick the FG then.

"Never give up" - numerous people throughout history

Gosh yes he make a big mistake but there were tons of mistakes and dumb penalties that lead up to this. Everyone is freaking out at Josh because that was the last thing everyone saw. They shouldn't have been in that position at the end of the game period.

Very true. They had a 21-6 lead and could've easily put a nail in the coffin early on, but couldn't get the knock out blow and the Rams were able to come back. This game was there for the taking and because of poor execution they let it get away.

I say we cut that loser Bob Griffin. He was totally non existent on defense. Repeatedly letting Amendola get open. Yeah he made a couple of good plays on offense, but those plays cannot justify having him on the roster. Plus he cant even play special teams.

thank you for that man.

i died laughing...

Let's bring Cooley in at QB

I hope you and everyone else saw the Hankerson TD bomb and the Bomb to A. Robinson that went off his shoulder pad :)

Oh yeah, I saw those. :) That was pretty much it though. I have yet to see him step up in the pocket and throw one on a rope to someone 20 yards downfield. Then again, his pass protection wasn't all that great. And I'm sure the receivers not getting open contributed.

I forgot to mention that we have very minimal pass rush.

Oh yeah, I saw those. :) That was pretty much it though. I have yet to see him step up in the pocket and throw one on a rope to someone 20 yards downfield. Then again, his pass protection wasn't all that great. And I'm sure the receivers not getting open contributed.

He scored 3 (5 overall) tds man...what else do you want from him?

You have to be kidding...

I disagree, we don't just throw in the towel and kick the FG then.

"Never give up" - numerous people throughout history

Kicking the field goal was throwing in the towel as Cundiff's history shows he's dreadful from long distance.

Hell, he's dreadful in any pressure situation, so he fits the Smith mold perfectly.

let's be honest...it was 4th and 16 vs. a 62-yard FG...neither was high percentage. I just believe you're more likely to make that FG than you are converting 4th and 16.

I guess its a toss up for me. I thought they were going to go for it at first till I saw Kyle talking to RG3. Oh well :(

At least you are giving your team a shot to tie the game. Yes it's long and you have a low percent chance of making it, but this wasn't 4th and 2. Some of you are acting like we had a 50/50 shot at converting the first there.

Not a 50/50 but definitely a much better chance than the FG. People convert 4th and longs all the time. very few people in NFL history have every made a 62 yard FG and our kicker had never made one or shown he has anywhere close to the range to attempt it. So you are hoping something happens that has never happened before versus putting the ball in your best players hands, the most dynamic, athletic and explosive player on the field to convert the 4th and 16. In addition there are a ton of penalties you can get that could keep the drive going.

EDIT: Honestly though, even if it was 4th and 1 and Morgan hadn't got the penalty, I would have gone for it. I don't trust Cundiff from that range either and playing the odds, I think we should have gone for it and continue to push for the TD. But I am pretty aggressive when it comes to situations like that...and I don't trust FG kickers from long range. Cundiff from 47 still isn't better to me than going for it on 4th and 1 there.

Not a 50/50 but definitely a much better chance than the FG. People convert 4th and longs all the time. very few people in NFL history have every made a 62 yard FG and our kicker had never made one or shown he has anywhere close to the range to attempt it. So you are hoping something happens that has never happened before versus putting the ball in your best players hands, the most dynamic, athletic and explosive player on the field to convert the 4th and 16. In addition there are a ton of penalties you can get that could keep the drive going.

Agree to disagree man. But I'd love to see your stats supporting the argument that teams convert 4th and 16 "all the time" in the NFL. I do know that a kicker with a weaker leg just made a 63 yard FG last weekend.

I'll bow out though...I just don't have an issue with that decision there, it was a problem with no good solution.

Not to over simplify things, but winning football games is about making plays. Even with all the mistakes, bad calls, etc., we had an opportunity at "money" time to make a few plays to win the game. We came up short.

This is the type of game that has defined our team and more importantly our fan culture for as far back as many of us can remember. I look forward to when that culture changes, and I am excited about the direction we are heading. We are still missing some significant pieces, but I am onboard with the process. I'm looking forward to the home opener.

I'm not sure what your statement is meant to point out, but did you watch the past two games? Did you not see him step up and complete a 88 yard catch and run to Garçon, while getting hit? Or the stiff arm to throw across the field to Davis for 20+ yard sideline tiptoe catch last week? How about the long bomb TD Hankerson today and the perfect pass dropped by Robinson (which hit him in the numbers) for an easy 6.

We got out game planned and out played. Simple as that. RG3, Morris, and Fletcher were the only ones who wanted this bad enough. Fletch played his heart out and stopped 2 scoring drives in an INT in the endzone and a fumble on the Rams final drive.

Josh Morgan on Courtland Finnegan

How you stop him: The key, according to Morgan, is to play your own game and not allow Finnegan to get to you.

“He pretty much tries everybody at least once or twice a game to see how you respond back to him, see how you react to him,” Morgan said. “And then he just can go out and be the football player that he is. A lot of people respect the football player. I definitely respect the football player he is. Some of the extra stuff, he can cut out.”

Retaliating, Morgan said, could result in a costly penalty.

“You don’t want to be the second guy because the second guy is going to get caught,” Morgan said. “He’s going to come at you and he’s going to be the first, second and third guy. You’ve got to remind yourself not to be that fourth and fifth guy, and throw your hands up and walk back to the huddle.”

link http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/13/rams-defensive-player-to-watch-cb-cortland-finnegan/

HAAHAHAHAHAH

Long and short of it..

Our Defense is HORRIBLE...

Our Offense is already the best we've seen in years..

Our Special Teams is still PUTRID..

The Rams were allowed to knee, elbow, grab, talk **** all game with no flags.. After this week the NFL needs to beg the regular ref's back..

Archived