Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: RG3 Has Arrived

Lavarleap56

For Cowboy fans they have a Tony Romo sits to pee princess tiara and magic wand set

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0070/2812/products/600x600-T_W-NFL-COW_large.jpg?102558

That is so appropriate. Now all they need is a Tony Romo sits to pee December Footbal Preperation Kit, contains a choking monitor, Hemorrhoid cream (comes out in a star shape) and a box of tissues.

I'd like to believe the hype, but this is ****ing ridiculous. RG3 has not arrived. The guy has played one game, albeit a pretty great one. I'd love to see him tear up the league for 10+ years. However, there's a bunch of mediocre / crap QBs that have done the same for a game (or even a season) including Rob Johnson, Jeff George, Jay Feeley, and Matt Cassell. RGIII will have 'arrived' when we're consistently in playoff contention.

Until this guy takes us to the playoffs multiple times, he is simply another exciting player. He hasn't arrived until he establishes himself as one of the best players in the NFL

Agreed.

All this hype will be impossible for him to live up to and there is a real possibility he looks awful in several games as well. He is a rookie, after all.

The level of hype makes me nervous though. Feels like a setup.

I feel the same way. The jinx is on again? OR holy crap this is real???!!!

After everything we've been through as a fandom, we have so much to look forward to (or be disappointed by, again).

But I am beginning to really believe...fingers crossed.

I feel the same way. The jinx is on again? OR holy crap this is real???!!!

After everything we've been through as a fandom, we have so much to look forward to (or be disappointed by, again).

But I am beginning to really believe...fingers crossed.

I was almost over it in 2008. Steve freaking Czaban of all people was the "Voice of reason," trying to tell everyone to let the past go. Annnd then the Pittsburgh game happened

Right now though, I think it's just a matter of when, not if, as opposed to years past. Having your guy at QB makes things a lot easier when trying to improve the roster, along with continuity with the scheme.

Some Skins fans:1999- 4/12: "The national media always hates on the Redskins no matter what" "espn must get paid to clown on us" " why are we always the brunt of jokes"

4/12 - present: "What the hell they talking about, RG3 hasn't arrived" "he only played one game" " I wish the media people would stop talking about us" etc etc

I probably missed a lot BUT if you are not happy/excited right now WHEN WILL YOU EVER BE?

This is just so much media hype. Typical -- they want to build someone up, so they can report on whether their 'target' does well enough (as judged by the media) to keep himself up in the 'stratosphere' the media created. Hopefully, Griffin and the Skins just focus on the next game, and leave the media spewings behind them.

I'm not breaking out the annointing oil yet. Frankly, Griffin needs to generate a significantly larger body of work before I think anyone can assess how well he plays at NFL level He looked good in New Orleans, but he looked very human in Chicago. At least, Griffin's got a decent surrounding cast -- and he will get his opportunities to showcase his talents..

BOTTOM LINE: I haven't given a hoot about the media when they are disrespecting the Skins, and so, I'm going to be extra wary of that same media 'gushing' over the Skins rookie QB. Forget the hype and stay focussed on what matters. I just hope Griffin stays healthy and gets a lot experience in the NFL in order to develop his talent to the fullest. He seems like a special talent, but I worry each time he takes off on a run.

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen, Sonny Jurgensen, and Billy Kilmer and I have never seen anything like this hype. In some ways it makes me kinda scared...this can't happen every game can it?

It can for other teams, why not ours? Maybe it's time to adopt the Orioles mantra..."Why not?" Why not us?

Haven't we suffered long enough with the likes of the McNabbs & Haynesworths, Wuerffels, & Georges? Haven't we gone thru enough with the Norvs & Spurriers? Now we have a Shanahan & a Superhero....I say, Why not?

It's time to shock the world! It's time to make the rest of the NFL shake their heads in wonder, "How do we stop this kid?" to which we can respond, "You can't!"

HAIL.

:koolaid:

Ive never witnessed anything like this recent leg-humping from the media, nor do I care to ever witness it again. Its absolutely disgusting, get a grip!

Im confident RGIII is not the type to get spoiled by too much positive attention, my question is, "hows he going to deal with negative attention?" He's never had to deal with negativity before, the worst insult anyone ever threw his was was to say Andrew Luck is better.

I suspect he;ll deal with media negativity better than he'll deal with fan negativity. I hope he realizes he's only seen one side of Redskin fans. Ask Mark Brunell about the other side. Hell, ask Rex Grossman.

I probably missed a lot BUT if you are not happy/excited right now WHEN WILL YOU EVER BE?

#4 would be a great start.

---------- Post added September-15th-2012 at 10:04 PM ----------

For Cowboy fans they have a Tony Romo sits to pee princess tiara and magic wand set

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0070/2812/products/600x600-T_W-NFL-COW_large.jpg?102558

:puke:

Thank god Matt Barkley didn't somehow arrive in the Burgundy & Gold. He just got dominated by Stanford.

---------- Post added September-15th-2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

Ive never witnessed anything like this recent leg-humping from the media, nor do I care to ever witness it again. Its absolutely disgusting, get a grip!

Good god! A little fire up eh? Maybe you need to get a grip. The media should be all over him. He just went toe to toe with the best offense in the league against a team that didn't lose a single game at home last year. I was there. It was loud as hell.. Fedex has never been that loud and RG3 silenced the place after the first drive in the second half. Tell me the last time a rookie opened up his nfl career like that.

The level of hype makes me nervous though. Feels like a setup.

I'm not. We as Redskins fans have suffered long enough for no reason. Here comes the payoff and damn it it was worth it. Random fun fact #113 on how we ended up with Robert.... had the Bears not saved the Redskins from themselves, Cutler would be looking on our sidelines looking like a total dickbag.

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen, Sonny Jurgensen, and Billy Kilmer and I have never seen anything like this hype. In some ways it makes me kinda scared...this can't happen every game can it?

Me too (51 years old here) and this is indeed surreal. I've never been around anything remotely close. BTW, he is the talk of Dallas/Fort Worth. There are RGIII jerseys popping up everywhere. I wear my 'Skins hat(s) and people love it and comment constantly. It's almost weird and unnerving, but wonderfully amazing at the same time. It's just hard to accept and fathom. I remind THEM (and subconsciously myself I suppose) that's it is only one game. Oddly, they seem more convinced than me. I guess too many rough years & expectations have left me jaded and wary. I always await the rug to be pulled out from beneath me. What a bizarre week this has been....but oh so nice! HTTR :helmet:

---------- Post added September-15th-2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

Some Skins fans:1999- 4/12: "The national media always hates on the Redskins no matter what" "espn must get paid to clown on us" " why are we always the brunt of jokes"

4/12 - present: "What the hell they talking about, RG3 hasn't arrived" "he only played one game" " I wish the media people would stop talking about us" etc etc

THIS!!!! Thank you LL56. HTTR :helmet:

Archived