Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: RG3 Has Arrived

Lavarleap56

It can for other teams, why not ours? Maybe it's time to adopt the Orioles mantra..."Why not?" Why not us?

Haven't we suffered long enough with the likes of the McNabbs & Haynesworths, Wuerffels, & Georges? Haven't we gone thru enough with the Norvs & Spurriers? Now we have a Shanahan & a Superhero....I say, Why not?

It's time to shock the world! It's time to make the rest of the NFL shake their heads in wonder, "How do we stop this kid?" to which we can respond, "You can't!"

HAIL.

:koolaid:

Amen.

The REDSKINS are due for alot of success and media love. We have had so many years of sucking badly and then a few years of being medicore. This is the REDSKINS time to shine. Of course not every game is going to be like Week 1, but we have an offense capable of scoring upwards 30 points and with our defense I'm damn excited! It happened for New Orlean when they got Brees. Why not us? Why not now?!

[/color]

Good god! A little fire up eh? Maybe you need to get a grip. The media should be all over him. He just went toe to toe with the best offense in the league against a team that didn't lose a single game at home last year. I was there. It was loud as hell.. Fedex has never been that loud and RG3 silenced the place after the first drive in the second half. Tell me the last time a rookie opened up his nfl career like that.

Cut him some slack, he lives in Philthy. That would get to anyone ;)

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen, Sonny Jurgensen, and Billy Kilmer and I have never seen anything like this hype. In some ways it makes me kinda scared...this can't happen every game can it?

That's partly because of the expansion of social media giving more avenues to news outlets to share stories and news. For example. Way back then, you probably heard about a player in the local TV news and in the paper. Now we have the televised combine, pro days, twitter, podcasts, fan made youtube videos, off brand clothing sales, facebook, and internet for every phone and hand held device. Basically in today's world you have to lock yourself in the basement if you don't want to hear any of the hype.

The overall feeling may be that there is more hype than ever for RG3, but all I'm saying is that it's easier these days given the tools at the media's disposal

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen, Sonny Jurgensen, and Billy Kilmer and I have never seen anything like this hype. In some ways it makes me kinda scared...this can't happen every game can it?

That's partly because of the expansion of social media giving more avenues to news outlets to share stories and news. For example. Way back then, you probably heard about a player in the local TV news and in the paper. Now we have the televised combine, pro days, twitter, podcasts, fan made youtube videos, off brand clothing sales, facebook, and internet for every phone and hand held device. Basically in today's world you have to lock yourself in the basement if you don't want to hear any of the hype.

The overall feeling may be that there is more hype than ever for RG3, but all I'm saying is that it's easier these days given the tools at the media's disposal

Can't believe I did it, but I broke down and bought the damn cape hahah. It'll look good on the shelf next to my superman socks.

Something I did find on amazon which I pre-ordered ($19.00) is The RG3 McFarlane statue.

grif.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-Toys-NFL-Series-31/dp/B008PFQX5S/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347855992&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=robert+griffin+cape#productPromotions

Can't believe I did it, but I broke down and bought the damn cape hahah. It'll look good on the shelf next to my superman socks.

Something I did find on amazon which I pre-ordered ($19.00) is The RG3 McFarlane statue.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/Gracelander/maxiemystie2012/grif.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-Toys-NFL-Series-31/dp/B008PFQX5S/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347855992&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=robert+griffin+cape#productPromotions

Just ordered the combo pack with the throwback uni as well HERE

Use coupon code spawnboards for 10% off. :)

NFL31_GRIFFIN_SET.jpg

Me too (51 years old here) and this is indeed surreal. I've never been around anything remotely close. BTW' date=' he is the talk of Dallas/Fort Worth.[/quote']

I don't know how you could transfer to Dallass. My wife wants to do an internship to go along with her job and one of the places is Dallass. I told her she needs to find another city. It's bad enough I have to listen to delisional Panther fans, but Dallass would make me vomit on a daily basis, even if the city itself is beautiful.

I guess you must have alot of time invested in that company, because if I were in my last job and they asked me to transfer there, I'd refuse. If I didn't have a choice, I'd have to weigh finding another company to work for. But I work for Mecklenburg County here in Charlotte, NC, so I think it's safe to say, they won't be moving the county any time soon or ever.

I don't know how you could transfer to Dallass. My wife wants to do an internship to go along with her job and one of the places is Dallass. I told her she needs to find another city. It's bad enough I have to listen to delisional Panther fans, but Dallass would make me vomit on a daily basis, even if the city itself is beautiful.

I would SOOO move to Dallas for my job if they transfered me. Invade them for once! Absolutely. I would have my car flags up, wear Redskins gear EVERYWHERE, have my flag hanging on a very high flagpole...man those people would HATE me. :ols:

Was just listening to Robert Griffin II on NFL 32.... Man we are blessed to have that entire family involved with the Redskins. Sounds like hes breaking down a ton of film too behind the scenes. Just an incredible draft pick, the definition of what having "It" is when it comes to athletics.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 06:45 PM ----------

I would SOOO move to Dallas for my job if they transfered me. Invade them for once! Absolutely. I would have my car flags up, wear Redskins gear EVERYWHERE, have my flag hanging on a very high flagpole...man those people would HATE me. :ols:

And at the end of the day you would still lose... Because you are in Dallas LOL! I know what you mean though.

And at the end of the day you would still lose... Because you are in Dallas LOL! I know what you mean though.

:ols:

Yeah, I know. It's funny to think tho. At least, if I were a transplant there, I would be able to pick my teams city out of a lineup, unlike the Dallas fans in DC who suffer from NBDS.

:ols:

Yeah, I know. It's funny to think tho. At least, if I were a transplant there, I would be able to pick my teams city out of a lineup, unlike the Dallas fans in DC who suffer from NBDS.

My question would be... Would it be like a bizarro twilight zone episode where you ran into idiot Redskins fans that were outcasts as kids so they chose the Redskins to annoy everyone. Something tells me no but man that would be funny.

Me too (51 years old here) and this is indeed surreal. I've never been around anything remotely close. BTW' date=' he is the talk of Dallas/Fort Worth. There are RGIII jerseys popping up everywhere. I wear my 'Skins hat(s) and people love it and comment constantly. It's almost weird and unnerving, but wonderfully amazing at the same time. It's just hard to accept and fathom. I remind THEM (and subconsciously myself I suppose) that's it is only one game. Oddly, they seem more convinced than me. I guess too many rough years & expectations have left me jaded and wary. I always await the rug to be pulled out from beneath me. What a bizarre week this has been....but oh so nice! HTTR :helmet:

So true! I was just in Dallass for work and wore my Redskins hat everywhere and used my Redskins Extra Points card to pay for everything - was shocked to see all the positive vibe re: RG III. Restaurants, bars, you name it. Instead of talking trash they all were impressed with RG III. Perhaps they've soured on Romo sits to pee....

---------- Post added September-15th-2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

THIS!!!! Thank you LL56. HTTR :helmet:

I guess you must have alot of time invested in that company, because if I were in my last job and they asked me to transfer there, I'd refuse. If I didn't have a choice, I'd have to weigh finding another company to work for. But I work for Mecklenburg County here in Charlotte, NC, so I think it's safe to say, they won't be moving the county any time soon or ever.

The good part is when Dallas loses they have incredible meltdowns. That is possibly the only saving grace. They are exquisite and wonderful. You would enjoy THAT part. I can't wait to retire (possibly) transfer back home. My family, for the most part, all live within 25 miles of Williamsburg. It will be wonderful. I still get to travel home often. The winters are good here & the economy is strong. You would be amazed at the number of Redskins (heck-ALL teams) fans down here. A real melting pot.

My question would be... Would it be like a bizarro twilight zone episode where you ran into idiot Redskins fans that were outcasts as kids so they chose the Redskins to annoy everyone. Something tells me no but man that would be funny.

:twitch:

Yeah, that would be bizarro world.

Archived