Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: RG3 Has Arrived

Lavarleap56

espn_i_griffin3_576.jpg

On the upper shelves of Robert Griffin III's locker at Redskins Park are six plastic action superhero figures, including The Hulk and Spider-Man.

Well, why not? Griffin is something of an action superhero himself after exactly one game in the NFL. What else would you call a rookie who went into the bleeding-ear Superdome and shocked the New Orleans Saints, 40-32, to become the first QB in NFL history to be named Player of the Week in his first game as a pro?

If he's not a superhero, then why are they selling Robert Griffin capes?

If he's not a superhero, how come everybody wants to be exactly like him? "Griffining" has now overtaken "Tebowing" as the meme of choice in the USA -- sitting on your butt and your two index fingers pointed to the sky, which Griffin did after he threw an 88-yard touchdown pass to Pierre Garcon to stun the Saints.

"Who would've thought that getting knocked on your butt would start something like that?" Griffin said Wednesday.

If he's not a superhero then--http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8377578/rg3-arrived

So Mike is starting the East Coast offense.. Buckle your seatbelts

I have to get used to this. When was the last time we had a legit play maker for all to see? but I know that their is more love for this man , by the media, then their is for our organization. I think RG3 is about to change that also. interesting time right now.

Just posted above, then saw the thread about which was more exciting, RG3 or Gibbs2. I suppose that one was close. Joe Gibbs coming back, Al Saunders offense, lots of motion, etc. I was at that first Monday night game against the Vikings and that first drive after all the off season hype was electrifying. Then we went on to be mediocre for the rest of the game. Let's hope no repeat!

I just wanna no how the **** we dont have any of those little dolls for our team.. And they have an Andy Dalton and Jay Cutler?!?!

:wtf:

I want one of those dolls!!!

:ols:

Dunno, **** looks creepy, dude. Imagine having that ginger Andy Dalton doll staring at you with that classic over exuberant (yet eerily vacant) doll smile .

Interesting, most analyst say we have one of the best players (said in different ways, but basically...) and a new offense never seen before on the gridiron along with a very good defense (haven't seen anyone say otherwise), but somehow we are only going to win between 2 and 7 games this year.

:paranoid:

:hysterical:

I've been a Redskins fan since George Allen, Sonny Jurgensen, and Billy Kilmer and I have never seen anything like this hype. In some ways it makes me kinda scared...this can't happen every game can it?

Same here, it's a weird sensation isn't it? I have never been this amped about any player

Archived