Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much value would you put into the second game of the season?

OxonHillSkinsFan89

This is a tough game. Saints were on our players minds for 6 months. rams for 6 days. It's hard to get that energy 2 weeks in a row. And it's the Rams opener. Tough game for us. That being said RG 3 is the best player on earth (kind of kidding on that).

This game is incredibly important. How many times have we seen this team perform well against a team that they probably should have lost to, and follow it up with a lost to an inferior team?

I am not saying we have to win convincingly, but we do need to win to get some momentum going early.

Yup we cant have what happened yesterday or last year happen. We cant pretty much dominant a game and let a team come back. I know we are still learing and what not but if we want to be a top team we need to learn how to finish a team off when we are up 2 scores. This is just as big of a game for me if not bigger b/c i didn't think we would win last week but thought we would win this week. So we will see.

And im pretty much over the Saints win. Really looking forward to this Sunday.

A lot of value. These are the trap games that good teams walk into. We haven't really had a "trap" game for a long time, since we've been fairly poor for a long while (with a couple years excepted).

We played really well this week, and looked like a contender. If we do that this week, it'll further silence the doubters. If we stumble though, it calls into question how far along we are.

Personally I think we are favorites by a decent margin here. We put up 40 offensively, so even against a good D we should be putting up at least 20. Meanwhile, St. Louis' O is not particularly prolific. Still, we have to be careful.

A lot of value. These are the trap games that good teams walk into. We haven't really had a "trap" game for a long time, since we've been fairly poor for a long while (with a couple years excepted).

We played really well this week, and looked like a contender. If we do that this week, it'll further silence the doubters. If we stumble though, it calls into question how far along we are.

Personally I think we are favorites by a decent margin here. We put up 40 offensively, so even against a good D we should be putting up at least 20. Meanwhile, St. Louis' O is not particularly prolific. Still, we have to be careful.

I agree re trap game. St. Louis is coming off a loss, but one in which they took a playoff team down to the wire, so they should have both anger from losing this past week and confidence from playing the Lions tough. That's a dangerous combination for a team trying to rebuild like the Rams are. It will say a lot about the Redskins if they can deliver another strong performance on the road. The truly good teams are consistently good.

I would have said Skins -7 but Vegas says -3.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

Not surprising. This Rams D just gave Stafford and the Lions all sorts of issues. Granted, it should be an easier assignment for our D too. I could see this being a 23-20 game (either way). I'm not sleeping on the Rams one bit.

Well even last year we went into the 2nd game excited, hopeful, favored and we had to get a turnover at the very end and win by 1 point against a team that should probably have lost by more. So hopefully this year it will be more smooth go in take care of business against a decent secondary try not to throw any picks and win.

1/16th. ....

+1. Every game is important, maybe division games carry slightly more value but they all matter.

I understand the comments about momentum and building confidence and we don't want a let down game after the emotion and excitement of that game against the Saints. But still it's 1 game out of 16.

I agree with everyone in this thread, mostly cuz I'm still ecstatic about yesterday!! This game will show us nothing more than yesterdays game did, we must be consistent both offensively and defensively. Winning the turnover battle will be key, RG not turning it over, ala Rex Grossman last year, and our D creating TO's. Is it SUnday yet!!!?????

Make no mistake, Sunday's game is hUge with a capital U. It is a game that the Redskins should win and if they pull it out, they will not only be 2-0 in the conference, but 2-0 on the road before they play their first home game. The Saint's win was big because barely anyone expected it to happen and those who make the pick did so to be contrarian and give themselves something to talk about between 11:00 and 1:05 on Sunday. The StL game is one that the Skins will be expected to win and they can't give one back merely because they are playing with house money.

Good teams win the games they are expected to win. We've not done a very good job of that over the past decade or so. Beating a very mediocre Rams team by at least a TD would be a relief and give me hope that maybe they won't play down to the level of competition this season.

That said, every game is extremely important in a sport where there are only 16 regular season games, and if they win enough games by just 1 point to make the post-season, I'd be happy.

This game is HUGE! If we can somehow go into STL and come out with a W, being 2-0 going into our home opener against Cincy will be nuts. FedEX would be rocking and we would create an unbelievable home-field advantage. This is a big week for the coaches and leaders to keep the guys level-headed and stay focused. STL is an extremely physical team (not kidding), so if we can come out with a higher intensity and punch them in the mouth we will be successful. Let's get it 'Skins!!!!!

As bad as the Rams were last year, they almost beat the Lions. This is one of the games they should win, and I'm sure they'll be favored. I hope they continue to feel like the underdogs and not take the Rams lightly. The only value I would see if they win this one is their getting away from the mindset of the past when it comes down to games they SHOULD win.

Archived