Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much value would you put into the second game of the season?

OxonHillSkinsFan89

The Rams are a team that will play with early desperation (they do not want to start the season 0-2) w/ home field advantage. The Rams know that if they lose this game, it will define their season.

Although, this game will be easier than the Saints game, you know how the Redskins normally do against teams that are desperate. Believe it or not, Rams fans are marking us down as an easy W, and so far "experts" are predicting a Rams win. I think the Redskins enjoy being the underdog because they play their best football with underdog mentality. They feed off of it, and I feel the Saints fell into that trap.

If we play the Rams with the same intensity that we played the Saints, I can honestly say we should win this game in dominant fashion.

It is something that plagues my mind very often: the letdowns after a big win. We're on the road again, and there isn't one fan who doesn't know that a win against the Rams could mean the difference between going over .500 into the bye and potentially skidding in with well less than .500. This week, as in the past, is another trap game. Have the Skins learned their lesson yet? I hope after Sunday's game we will be able to answer that question with a definitive YES. HTTR :cheers:

Way more than the first game. If we're as good as we could be we will come out and dominate the Rams from start to finish. Our defense is worlds ahead of Detroit's and who knows if our offense will be anywhere near what it was week 1. Last season we opened up with 28-14. Obviously circumstances are different but we can't afford a game like that OT Texans loss in 2010 followed by the loss to ...ehh...the Rams...

Why the hell have we been playing the Rams so often these past few years? We play them this year- 2012, we beat them in 2011, we lost to them in 2010, we beat them in 2009, we lost to them in 2008, nothing in 07, lost to them in 06, beat them in 05, I mean what the hell. In the past 8 years we've played (or been scheduled in this case) them 7 times and gone 3-3. Seriously, I don't give a crap about the Rams. I hate this perennial match-up. I hate when we have to go to their ****ty dome with all 10,000 fans in attendance. Why couldn't we get some other NFC team ffs.

We keep playing the Rams because they keep finishing last place in their division, just like us... If we finish this year in the same spot they do, we'll play them again.

But I thought they were supposed to rotate those games between the last place team in another division.

6 games against NFC East, 2 games against AFC, 4 games vs. another division and 4 games against what? It has to be a mix and match of people it can't be all last place teams because we can't play ourselves and we can't play the 4th place team from some other division twice so.................

this game determine if this team can make a jump from 7 wins to a 9 win team. I truly believe if this team is 2-0 and coming back to Fedex and that we are 4-0 and playing ATL

Slow down there bud.. Let's play the Rams first and go from there. 1 game at a time. We shouldn't be looking at the schedule and marking W & L next to each team. That would be disasterous

But I thought they were supposed to rotate those games between the last place team in another division.

6 games against NFC East, 2 games against AFC, 4 games vs. another division and 4 games against what? It has to be a mix and match of people it can't be all last place teams because we can't play ourselves and we can't play the 4th place team from some other division twice so.................

The scheduling is like this:

• 6 games against the teams in your division (NFC East)
  • 4 games against another NFC division (NFC South this year)
  • 4 games against an out of conference division (AFC North this year)
  • With only two games left to fill out the schedule, you'll play teams in the other two divisons within your conference who finished in the same spot as you (first place teams play first place teams, last place teams play last place teams, etc)

So like I said, say we finish third in the NFC East this year. If the Rams finish third in the NFC West like us, we will play them again.

This game is huge for many reasons but I think we will get an even better idea of how serious this team is about becoming a quality football team that wins when they are supposed to. These games have killed us over the years so I think it will be a huge benchmark of where we are as a franchise.

A lot of value. These are the trap games that good teams walk into. We haven't really had a "trap" game for a long time, since we've been fairly poor for a long while (with a couple years excepted).

We played really well this week, and looked like a contender. If we do that this week, it'll further silence the doubters. If we stumble though, it calls into question how far along we are.

Personally I think we are favorites by a decent margin here. We put up 40 offensively, so even against a good D we should be putting up at least 20. Meanwhile, St. Louis' O is not particularly prolific. Still, we have to be careful.

We've pretty much been the trap for the last few seasons.

Every game must be equally important, yet we as fans must not get too caught up in our OWN hype. Griffin had a great debut, but let's just see what each game brings.

lol....week two into the season and people are already saying this is a "trap" game or "playing down to our competition". That is exactly what half-way decent teams say about us when they see us on the schedule! I don't think we've earned the right to use those terms......yet. ;)

Until proven otherwise, the Rams are just about at our level and will play us tough. Two young teams speckled w/vets; both teams trying to forge an identity.

Pump the brakes a lil' guys...sheesh.

I have a feeling that the Coaches have a system in place to gradually bring RGIII up to where they think he should be, this will/should be gradual, I have complete faith in MS and KS, the preseason was one game, one kind of QB game, over the three games. Then he comes out in the 1st game and blows everyone away, this was a huge win, but i realise that the skins have a fair way to go yet, i still believe we are one season one draft and one more preseason away from the greatness which is at our door

HTTR

Every game is important.

I think that the real test will be when we get around to playing divisional opponents. Those games will show what this team, and ultimately RG3, is really made of. I'm excited and almost expecting a win this weekend but I try and keep my expectations tempered. I realize that RG3 is a rookie and he will have some tough patches. I think it's key to realize that he'll have rough patches and react accordingly.

I'd really hate to see the board react equally negative towards RG3 in failure as positively as it has in success.

The difference in the Rams VS Lions game was the Matthew Stafford threw to horrible INT'S in the redzone that lead to six Rams points. Then Stafford threw a pick six in the third quarter. So that’s 13 Rams points off of turnovers. The key to this game can the Skins carry over momentum from Sundays win VS the Saints. If RG III plays like he did last week and the Skins defense plays well the Redskins should win this game. Bottom line don't play down to the Rams level. This is a brand new coaching staff in Saint Louis and a very winnable game.

Link to Rams VS Lions highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSpaBwVE4M

Archived