Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Redskins fans, who are you rooting for on opening night? Cowboys or Giants?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was rooting for the Cowboys , I particularly enjoyed the win because anyone going to yahoo sports yesterday would have seen the headline - "Sorry Jerry, Dallas not even close to NY Giants" which seems to have changed - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--dysfunctional-cowboys-not-as-close-to-giants-as-owner-jerry-jones-perceives.html

It is not that I am suddenly loving the Cowboys I just dislike the Giants that much more . Their fans were particulary obnoxious last season and all the talk this year has been them repeating and dominating the East - because well they have done that in the past ...

I was not impressed by either team last night. Both have big issues on their Olines and struggled to run consistently or pass protect (though the Giants were worse than the Cowboys in that respect). Also the Cowboys stud LT jumped offsides at least 3 times and when he stayed onside looked over matched against JPP.

Defensively the Giants are hurting in their secondary and will be vulnerable in that area for the first few weeks at least and they don't seem to have a 3rd reciever.

Romo sits to pee played a good game and they can hurt anyone in the passing game but that offensive line will get him hit and he might not make it through 16 games.

Remember which team's owner actually did something harmful to the success of your favorite team.

I know but the hatred is deep within me. Yeah Mara's a prick but he never threw a TD pass to Tony Hill to cap off a 35-34 comeback and he never threw a funeral wreath into the locker room.

**** both of these teams.

Made me want to vomit that the Cowboys won, but I think I would have dry heaved if the Giants had have won. Dallass will lose in Seattle next week and will be 1-1.

---------- Post added September-6th-2012 at 08:25 AM ----------

My cousin was one who rooted for NY. He's been a diehard Redskins fan all his life. He certainly pays attention and he certainly knows the history of the team. He has absolutely no connection to the Giants or Patriots in any way. And yet there he was, during the SB, rooting away for the Giants. WTF???

I told him he'd lost his way. Completely lost perspective if he's letting some silly BS like the Patriots hanging 50 on us in 2007 be the reason he'll root for a hated division rival to pass our all time total in Superbowls, a team with unbearable ****ers like Antonio Pierce, Justin Tuck, and Brandon Jacobs in its recent alumni, a team owned by John Mara, a team with a hugely obnoxious/whining Jersey fan base, over some random team from the AFC we have absolutely no connection to.

Any fan rooting for the Giants at any point needs to have Clockwork Orange style therapy where their eyes are forcibly propped open and they have to sit there and watch a medley of Tiki Barber destroying us, Brandon Jacobs screaming "F these B's" at us on national TV, Antonio Pierce talking his truck loads of bitter trash, Lavar trashing Gibbs in his Giants uniform, Corey Webster knocking Santana's helmet off and then punching him in the face before throwing him to the ground, and above it all, John Mara taunting, "They're lucky they didn't lose draft picks!"

I nominate this for Best Redskin Fan "Post of the Year." :beavisnbutthead::point2sky:notworthy:jump::chestram::allhail::excited:

No. What Mara did was essentially cheating. It was unethical. And it illuminated a collusion that should have been illegal.

---------- Post added September-6th-2012 at 12:03 AM ----------

. I was thinking about that when I saw the article. So what's w/ the league collusion lawsuit? I don't understand how this wasn't enough proof. In hindsight I don't see Danny or Jurrah making too much noise. It would make the next owner's meeting very uncomfortable if they were to step out of line. It would put two of the richest organizations against a poor 4th.

Yes.

The Giants' owner took 18 million cap dollars away from your team for the next two years.

Say it out loud everybody.

I wanted Dallas to lose, but I don't actually feel that bad because it is only Game 1. I was also tired of the obnoxious Cowboy fans talking trash during and after the game with most saying "HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS, WE ARE WINNING THE SUPERBOWL." lol. I can't wait til Thanksgiving.

I learned that the division is up for grabs. Barring some mythic defensive unity movement, the giants didn't impress me and probably can't limp into a wild card. Their most impressive offensive player was the TE they got from the boys. The cowboys looked terrible. Romo sits to pee was inaccurate and his receivers bailed him out time after time. Witten doesn't seem to have recovered all the way. Philly will probably play tough with that running game, provided vick doesn't do something stupid and get crushed. Again.

Looks wide open. If we can string some wins together, we could be in this come november.

The d-line completely wore down as the game went on too. I guess that's what happens when Rogers goes to IR, Canty goes to PUP, and Marvin Austin is still hurt.

But man, their o-line looked terrible. Especially their Tackles.

Did you see the play from about the 3 or maybe the 5, when they tried running to the left? on the replay it showed 3 vagiant offensive linemen on their faces on the ground, and the entire girls d-line and linebackers standing up, it was pathetic. Plus I think they lost 2 yards on the play as well... I hope that is a sign of the o-line woes they're going to face this year :)

I learned that even though it pained me to do so I could root for those fools in Dallas to win. Fortunatly I only have to root for them 2 times during the regular season.

I also learned that by rooting for them I have spent all day trying to get this very foul taste out of my mouth. I figure that the only way to fix this is going to be watching 3-4 hours of Redskins highlights from the past. That and 15 HTTR's should clean the system out. Never thought there would be a team I despised more than Dallas, but I guess it's true what they say "Never say never."

Archived