Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Redskins fans, who are you rooting for on opening night? Cowboys or Giants?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll root for them when it helps the Skins in the standings

You know, I have never rooted for them. And for the past 20 years, standings really haven't mattered. If the 'Skins are going to get into the playoffs, then I want them to do it without help from Dallas.

You know, I hate to admit it, but what Mara did was so weasely weenie that for the next 2 years, my 'hate' meter will be as follows:

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. Patriots

5. Ravens

6. Steelers

and the rest... well I just don't care.

Good list. I actually put the Seahawks and their cheating asses pumping sound into their stadium on the list as well. Probably between Eagles and Patriots.

The last time I rooted for the Cowboys was the last game of the 1985 Regular Season when they had to beat the 49ers for the Redskins to make the playoffs. Dallas failed….. :mad:

Never ask another team to do a job for you.

I rarely root for opposing teams injuries. But I actually hope both owners slip on fake popcorn butter and fall down the stairs, as the elevators to the owners boxes were out of order when GHH cut the cables in a callous attempt to shoot two birds with one stone. And then the game ends in a tie when a power surge blows out all the light bulbs with three minutes to go in the fourth and the fans have to funnel out in the dark with no TV coverage of the remaining game going scoreless in the dark

I would vote for this. And I truly agree, I never root for another team to have injuries. It makes beating them so much more sweet.

Watch what you say...Mara might send his niece after ya. :silly:

http://ukbuzz.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/rooney-mara-girl-dragon-tattoo-324.jpg

I watched this last night, ironically. Girl can act. I would not like to see her on my doorstep with ill intent.

I cant believe I have to say it, but after Mara's salary cap vendetta, I have to make the Giants my most hated team in replacement of the cowboys (The difference is nominal, but present nonetheless)

I agree. For a while. Because, while I actually respect Coughlin and the way they run their team, causing Mara any degree of pain and suffering is good to me.

Also, the Cowboys were screwed by Mara as well, and for about 2-3 weeks, Cowboy and 'Skin fans had a common enemy, and there was a little bit of an alliance.

I would like to see the Giants lose by 70. And I'd put up with all the Romo sits to pee adulation for a week or two to see it.

im rooting for the injury monster. season ending injuries in that game FTW!

it's football, so stop you're ****ing

I was gonna just post "2 week ban ftw" :D and add "you might want to stat checking yourself, you're not making a good impression so far." :)

But before I did that I decdied to go back and check your posting history to be sure I was solid on that, and I changed my mind. :)

So now, in the spirit of B2A, reducing white noise, and catching up on "the ones ya got away with" we'll just make it perma-ban ftw!

I should have known just from the first time I saw how you did your user name. :cool:

Why so much hate for Mara when any other owner as well as the commissioner could have stepped in and put a stop to the cap nonsense? Just bc he was the biggest dbag with cajones enough to open his mouth about it? Sure he's an ahole, but I don't blame the cap situation on him, I blame it on a league full of greedy, spiteful, low class, desperate, selfish, and manipulative representatives/owners.

Can I just watch the game to study our rivals? I don't have to root for either team. One of them will win, and that sucks, but on the bright side, one of them has to lose :D

I hate Mara, but I hate the Cowboys more. I hate their fans, their owner, and their stupid star. However...I'm not rooting for either, I'll just be happy about one of them losing.

I don't get how anybody can root for either team but I know the Pukes will choke in the Paloffs and the Giants seem to beat anybody in the Paloffs so it's easy for me to decide this one. I'd be happier with Dallas sweeping the Giants and really won't mind seeing their next choke job in January.

I'm too old school. I voted Giants a preferred to win. Hate it, of course. Have come to despise Mara even above others culpable, and other than against dallas, I wish them nothing but losses or team issues, other than injuries.

There have been cowboy players and coaches (one in particular) I respected over the years, and have had my share of cowboy fan friends in my life, but I'm one Redskins fan that never ever roots for a cowboys victory.

If you were truely oldschool you'd hate the Giants more considering the Skins have been division rivals far longer :ols:

Good reminder about the rivalry back in the 30's and 40's, as well as during Gibbs I tenure, but I will hold my stand on where the priority lies for most of us codgers. And I know how old you are; you're not a codger. :ols:

Why so much hate for Mara when any other owner as well as the commissioner could have stepped in and put a stop to the cap nonsense? Just bc he was the biggest dbag with cajones enough to open his mouth about it? Sure he's an ahole, but I don't blame the cap situation on him, I blame it on a league full of greedy, spiteful, low class, desperate, selfish, and manipulative representatives/owners.

Actually a couple owners couldn't step in (obviously Dan and Jerry) and one declined to vote against us (Tampa Bay's owner). And I'm not sure how you can NOT blame the cap situation on Mara when he was not only the one who brought it up, he's the head of the competition committee (who leveled the penalty against the Skins and Cowboys) AND he was the most vocal person about wanting to punish the Skins and Cowboys, not to mention he wanted to take draft picks, not just salary cap space. It was Goodell who stepped in and said, "no picks".

So, with that I say, "**** Mara."

You know, I have never rooted for them. And for the past 20 years, standings really haven't mattered. If the 'Skins are going to get into the playoffs, then I want them to do it without help from Dallas.

If the Skins are in the thick of the playoff race and need a Dallas win to secure a playoff spot or to keep ground in a playoff spot, You'll want to see the Cowboys win wouldn't you?

Seeing as how the Cowboys were our "partners in crime" in this whole capgate BS, I'm actually rooting for them to beat the tar out of NY since we can't be there to do it ourselves (AGAIN! Can you say SWEEP!!) The idea of sending the Cowboys to do our dirty work for us and punch a divisional opponent in the mouth is pretty appealing.

Combine that with the fact that Dallas is so dysfunctional, they stand a way higher chance of shooting themselves in the foot later on in the season and imploding. With that in mind, i see a week one victory for them as way less dangerous than one for the Giants, mostly because i'm convinced Dallas will find a way to screw themselves over.

Archived