Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Redskins fans, who are you rooting for on opening night? Cowboys or Giants?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Hmm. It's not the fault of the guys on the roster, or coughlin for that matter, that Mara is the head of a committee that decided to punish the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, 'capgate' is bull****, but why particularly wish that the Giants football team will struggle? Wouldn't you rather just wish that horrible things happen to Mara, like, I dunno, he has kidney stones for the rest of his life, or, every day, someone literally pisses in his cornflakes, or more realistically, he's fired/removed from a position after it's realized what a GLARINGLY OBVIOUS problem it is to have a biased owner of a team in that position. (I mean really, why was that ever ok in the first place, are we really using the ****ing honor system here?)

We should already want the Giants to struggle, because they are in our division. I was against them in the superbowl because they now have more trophies than the Redskins. Basically, this thread is asking the question: "did Mara's actions make you hate the Giants more than the Cowboys", and I say no, they just made me hate Mara. It's not like Jason Peirre Paul is in the meetings with Mara. It's not like it affects the Giants game plan.

But I get it. It would be nice to see Mara pout as his team goes 0-16 or whatever. Let's be realistic though - it's the same as every other Cowboys/Giants matchup, we shouldn't be 'rooting' for either of them unless it effects our playoff positioning.

From a fantasy football standpoint, I have 3 NYG players (Manning, Bradshaw, and one of their WRs). Don't have any 'pukes on my team. I mean, how could I? Even when Dez Bryant, Tony Romo sits to pee, and Miles Austin were BPA on the board, I just couldn't see myself selecting any of them. Yeah, Mara's a real %#*&@& but I've hated the 'girls for 40+ years.

I hope it's a body bag game that ends in a tie....

I rarely root for opposing teams injuries. But I actually hope both owners slip on fake popcorn butter and fall down the stairs, as the elevators to the owners boxes were out of order when GHH cut the cables in a callous attempt to shoot two birds with one stone. And then the game ends in a tie when a power surge blows out all the light bulbs with three minutes to go in the fourth and the fans have to funnel out in the dark with no TV coverage of the remaining game going scoreless in the dark

---------- Post added September-2nd-2012 at 08:57 AM ----------

Stay classy.

Yeah just like cheating Mara and glory hole Jones right?

No matter what any other team did to the Giants, said about them, had any involvement to do with anything bad to the Giants, I could never root for the Eagles against that or any other team. I am surprised there are actual Redskin fans who were even capable of say they will be rooting for the Cowboys.

I'll root for the Giants! :D

There really isnt a real rivalry between the skins and cowboys anymore. That was like 20 years ago. Now the situation with the vagiants is much newer and thus a new rivalry has been born. Its easy to root for the cowboys in this one, just think about more recent history between all the teams.

Never EVER root for the Cowboys....EVER

/thread.

The Giants are a world class organization that has found ways to win when it counts. They deserve what they have achieved.

The Cowboys on the other hand are the complete opposite. Hype, undeserved arrogance, ****y....they and their fans embody everything evil in the spirit of human beings and society in general :)

Of course I won't actively root for them but if I have to choose, of course it's the Giants.

;9120843']No matter what any other team did to the Giants' date=' said about them, had any involvement to do with anything bad to the Giants, I could never root for the Eagles against that or any other team. I am surprised there are actual Redskin fans who were even capable of say they will be rooting for the Cowboys.[/quote']

Tom, until capgate I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. I do not wish ill will on anyone health wise or personal tragedies, anything of that nature....gulp....even for John Mara. While Football is important, it's just not THAT important. With that said, the only way as a Redskins fan I can feel any satisfaction is if his team goes through a horrible slump, and he gets to experience a decade of mostly suck the same way Snyder has with his team over most of the last decade. Admittedly, the Giants have been a well run organization whereas the Redskins were not for several years, so the likely hood of that happening for the Giants...multiple consecutive years of suckage... is not likely. However, one can dream. :)

Of all the NFC East teams, I always disliked the Giants the least. As your moniker states "the respected opponent," and for me it's still not about the players as much as it is the man that owns that team. If the Giants lose, Mara suffers. If they lose horribly, he suffers more, and that makes me VERY VERY happy.

I'd like to daydream about it being a 2-2 tie game (both QBs out for a few games after being sacked in the endzone). It would be classified as a tough-fought "body bag" game marked by lots of minor injuries with a ton of personal-fouls leading to game suspensions, and highlighted by several serious 'chokes' from the field-goal kickers during the overtimes.

The media will be commenting about the uncontrolled behavior of both teams' players and the likely game suspensions, when the BIG story breaks -- it's about Mara and Goodell involved in a very serious sex scandal which threatens to end their careers in the NFL (with possible jail-time too.)

Okay, my daydreams aren't that classy -- so here is my 'classy' answer.

Dallas beats the Giants like a drum, in a payback for the Mara-schemes.

;9120843']No matter what any other team did to the Giants' date=' said about them, had any involvement to do with anything bad to the Giants, I could never root for the Eagles against that or any other team. I am surprised there are actual Redskin fans who were even capable of say they will be rooting for the Cowboys.

I'll root for the Giants! :D[/quote']

Mara's actions really suck because the Giants went from my least hated to the most hated in the division, at least for this year.

'

I never did see your personal opinion on the subject Tom. How do you feel about your Owners vendetta and the cap punishment?

more curious than anything else.

and the other side of this is whether we like it or not, we now have some common ground with the Cowboys. (I don't like it) They were also screwed over by Mara, albeit to a much lesser degree than the Skins. Strictly on principle, we should stand united with them on this matter.

I hate the Cowboys on the field, but I believe in fair play both in business and in sport. I want to win because we deserve to win, not because we used back door unethical, and probably illegal dealings that deliberately handicaps teams that did not fall in lock step with us. Mara abused his power to handicap two divisional rivals. At the very least he should have recused himself from the process, but not only did he spear-head the whole thing...he clearly RELISHED doing it as well by his arrogant remarks on T.V. After all, aren't we lucky we didn't lose draft picks as well? :rolleyes:

Archived