Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Leshoure should get the boatload of the carries (after week 2) now that Best is on the PUP.

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 02:14 PM ----------

Surprised that Megatron made it to 11. I think you have a good team. Could be great, dependent on Marshall's attitude

I would have loved to see that top 10...must be some overdrafting..you have to love his WR's. Megatron and Marshall (who is going to be uncoverable with Cutler this year)...and Mike Wallace? Wow.

There's an open team in this 4 man keeper league if anyone wants to join. PPR with some long TD bonuses and it's there for the taking. PM me an email address if you're interested.

Here's the roster of the open team:

Kyle Orton

Demarco Murray, Hillis, Mendenhall, Gerhart

Miles Austin, Little, TBMW, Lafell, Amendola

Finley, Celek, Chandler

Janikowski

Detroit

Looks bad on the surface.....but these are shallow rosters so there's a ton of depth on the waiver wire. Plus, these guys aren't shy. They're willing to trade. I've pulled off two deals for elite WR's since i've been in the league, which was just few months back.. (Julio and Fitz)

There's an open team in this 4 man keeper league if anyone wants to join. PPR with some long TD bonuses and it's there for the taking. PM me an email address if you're interested.

Here's the roster of the open team:

Kyle Orton

Demarco Murray, Hillis, Mendenhall, Gerhart

Miles Austin, Little, TBMW, Lafell, Amendola

Finley, Celek, Chandler

Janikowski

Detroit

Looks bad on the surface.....but these are shallow rosters so there's a ton of depth on the waiver wire. Plus, these guys aren't shy. They're willing to trade. I've pulled off two deals for elite WR's since i've been in the league, which was just few months back.. (Julio and Fitz)

I see why this spot is open...

Reggie Bush and Royster for Cedric Benson

Fair???

No, completely lopsided in favor of guy trading away Benson.

Bush is the starter, GB doesn't run a lot and Benson isn't a guarantee for a lot of stats. Royster is a potential starter.

Though things may change, right now Reggie is more valuable than Benson.

Hey guys, I'd appreciate some input on my main team for my law school league. I got the 11th pick in our 12 person league and picked Chris Johnson, and then Matt Stafford. I have guys wanting Brandon Marshall since they are Chicago Bears homers, so I have him as trade bait and can probably get someone good in return. I missed out on RG3 but as you can see, I made sure to get Freddy and a couple of Hokies as well. Eddie Royal was my second to last pick and my last pick was the Bills. I picked Ben Tate before Garcon, mainly because my roommate is a HUGE Texans fan, which is also why I picked Schaub. I sincerely believe Matt Schaub will have an excellent year. Also, TD's are 4 points instead of 6, and surprisingly the first 4 picks in my draft were Arian, Aaron, Tom, and Drew.

Like I said, any comments are appreciated!

QB Matthew Stafford, Det QB

RB Chris Johnson, Ten RB

RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB

RB/WR Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

WR Brandon Marshall, Chi WR

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR

TE Fred Davis, Wsh TE

D/ST Eagles D/ST D/ST

K David Akers, SF K

BENCH

Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB

Bench Matt Schaub, Hou QB

Bench David Wilson, NYG RB

Bench Jacob Tamme, Den TE

Bench Ryan Williams, Ari RB P

Bench Eddie Royal, SD WR P

Bench Bills D/ST D/ST

Styx491 - you should turn homerism off when you draft in FF. You almost always get burned.

I think you way over drafted Chris Johnson. In fact, if you don't get one of the big 3 (Foster, McCoy, and Rice) then you should just wait until the later rounds for a RB. Let the draft come to you. Stafford is a great pick if he stays healthy. Fred Jackson is a 31 yo running back and at some point the wheels are going to fall off. Will it be this year?? I never touch running backs close to 30. If healthy is o.k. rb2 or flex and his schedule is o.k. David Wilson will be awesome when given the chance to start.

Garcon should be o.k. (he's on my team) and if you trade Marshall make sure you get something great in return because he will probably be your best WR. I think he is going to have a good year with Cutler...if Cutler continues to stand upright. Jury is out on Davis for the upcoming season, RG3 hasn't been looking his way. I don't like Bowe because of his QB situation and his heart doesn't seem like it is always on. He's a mixed bag.

I don't like your bench, you will have problems once bye weeks role in and if injuries mount. I would comb the waiver wire and try to come up with some better guys. Like instead of Tamme, who is probably splitting time with Joel Dreesen, grab Greg Olson, who is the main TE for the Panthers right now. Better yet, if available grab Kyle Rudolph.

I would dump the Bills Defense for now. Pick up another RB or WR. The Eagles have their bye in week 7 I believe. You will be able to drop one of the guys on your bench and pick up a D for one week to get you through that bye.

As it stands right now and not knowing the other teams, I am guessing you will fall in the middle of the pack if your team stays healthy.

No, completely lopsided in favor of guy trading away Benson.

Bush is the starter, GB doesn't run a lot and Benson isn't a guarantee for a lot of stats. Royster is a potential starter.

Though things may change, right now Reggie is more valuable than Benson.

ITs not fair if you have Reggie Bush and Royster. I wouldn't make that trade for Benson, but I would the other way around

RB Chris Johnson, Ten RB

RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR

TE Fred Davis, Wsh TE

D/ST Eagles D/ST D/ST

K David Akers, SF K

Dang man those are good starters, I have no idea who is available in your league etc.. for instance, dropping or picking up possible trade. Wr's or RB's other than that looks pretty good

Im with Fan since a Fetus about your Bench and Jackson. Dump Bills D and pick up a WR or RB

Surprised that Megatron made it to 11. I think you have a good team. Could be great, dependent on Marshall's attitude
Leshoure should get the boatload of the carries (after week 2) now that Best is on the PUP.

I would have loved to see that top 10...must be some overdrafting..you have to love his WR's. Megatron and Marshall (who is going to be uncoverable with Cutler this year)...and Mike Wallace? Wow.

Thanks for responding guys. I forgot to mention that Megatron was my keeper. Everyone was allowed to keep one player from last season, didn't cost anything. Jimmy Graham was my pick at 11. I was surprised how far Mike Wallace fell, I know he's been away but I'm hoping he gets back and goes all out for that contract.

I did the rate my team thing on footballguys.com and here's what they gave me:

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.

I feel really good about my team. Hopefully I can stay injury free unlike last year.

Thanks for mentioning Leshoure, I'm making moves for him in all my leagues now. If I'm lucky he'll be a quality backup, bubble starter, and possibly trade bait.

Did 3rd (of 5) fantasy draft tonight (I think I'm addicted; that, or I have too freakin' many social circles). 12 man league standard scoring. Pretty pleased with how it went. Not ideal, but everyone in this league actually has significant experience in FF, so no one could be too sneaky.

QB: Rivers (6th, 67), Palmer (12th, 139)

RB: C. Johnson (1st, 6), Murray (2nd, 19), Matthews (4th, 43), Brown (9th, 102), Morris :cool: (16th, 187)

WR: Welker (3rd, 30), VJax (5th, 54), LaFell (11th, 126), Britt (10th, 115), Little (14th, 163 )

TE: Davis (7th, 78), Celek (13th, 150)

Def: Texans (8th, 91)

K: Nugent (15th, 174)

Notes:

- Trying to get LeShoure off waivers. Dropping Morris :(

- Pretty happy with the team on the whole, with WR depth a minor concern. If Britt returns big time later on I'll be golden, if not, LaFell or Little might have to step up

- On that note, I'm thinking of trying a 1-for-1 trade, Brown for T. Young. Guy with Young is deep at WR, but super shallow at RB, so even a lower tier (but uncontested starter) back like Brown might have enough value for him to take it.

- ESPN did me (and Redskins fans everywhere) a huge favor ranking Davis as the 9th TE. Getting him in the 7th in a 12 man league is absurd. I can't wait to laugh at everyone as Davis cracks 1000 yards and 10 TDs.

- I'm worried about my RBs, due to injuries, but everyone is in the same boat, so I guess it's ok.

RB Chris Johnson, Ten RB

RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR

TE Fred Davis, Wsh TE

D/ST Eagles D/ST D/ST

K David Akers, SF K

BENCH

Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB

Bench Matt Schaub, Hou QB

Bench David Wilson, NYG RB

Bench Jacob Tamme, Den TE

Bench Ryan Williams, Ari RB P

Bench Eddie Royal, SD WR P

Bench Bills D/ST D/ST

I think CJ2k will do better this year than some think. Locker can bootleg and since he's only a year in they'll use CJ a lot, but D has to stay somewhat honest.

I completely disagree with Fan since fetus. RBs are rare, so outside of the top 3 the drop gets worse and worse by tier. You have to start 2 RBs, so ignoring them until later means you'd have 2 starting spots not earning diddly each week. You nabbed RBs early rounds and still got good receivers b/c this year they are deep.

Fred Davis I'm nervous about b/c though he is talented RG3 didn't hit TE often in college and hasn't targeted Fred much in preseason. I think Garcon is going to be great, especially in a ppr league.

David Wilson could turn out to be great depth at RB, he may wind up replacing Fred Jackson who is good but faded w/ the team down the stretch last season. Ben Tate was a shrewd pick up since Foster gets injured each season so far. Schaub was a smart back up to Stafford who has an injury history and already hurt his hand. Tamme I like potential of him reconnecting w/ Peyton but he has competition.

I wouldn't trade Marshall right now. Let the season pan out, b/c w/o him you've got a big hole at WR, so unless you get a top WR to replace him and something else, then I would just keep him.

I agree w/ others who say to drop Bills D and pick up a WR. I'd consider, of those likely available, Hankerson, David Nelson of Bills, James Jones GB, LaFell in CAR, or maybe Quick the rookie in STL who is supposed to be their #1 now.

Finished my third and final draft.

10 team non PPR, 6 point passing TD (I had the 5th pick)

QB E. Manning, Bradford

RB Foster, Murray, MacGahee, Ridley, A. Morris

WR Fitzgerald, White, Garçon, T. Young, Heyward-Bey

TE Finley

D/ST Chicago

K Prater

I would have liked to get one of the top QBs, but I couldn't pass up Foster at 5

Wow, Foster at 5 and still got Murray too? Your league hates RBs lol. Your team is stacked, as it should be in a 10 team, but I think you'll come away winning it. WRs are stacked, so are RBs, TE and QB good, great D, solid K.

In 10 man league only 20 QBs likely taken, I would look for someone other than Bradford to back up Eli. If Schaub, Dalton, Flacco, or even Fitzpatrick are available I would take each over Bradford.

Wow, Foster at 5 and still got Murray too? Your league hates RBs lol. Your team is stacked, as it should be in a 10 team, but I think you'll come away winning it. WRs are stacked, so are RBs, TE and QB good, great D, solid K.

In 10 man league only 20 QBs likely taken, I would look for someone other than Bradford to back up Eli. If Schaub, Dalton, Flacco, or even Fitzpatrick are available I would take each over Bradford.

Not stoked about Bradford. I wanted either Cutler, RG3 or Jake Locker. They all were drafted earlier than I was prepared to go.. I figure if Shanny really wanted Bradford, he can't be that bad. If he doesn't pan out and Eli sucks/gets hurt I can find a Matt Cassel or Fitzpatrick on the waiver wire or trade for someone (I have a lot of tradeable players)

Thanks for all your input guys, really appreciate different POV's about my lineup. Last night I dropped the Bills and placed a waiver claim on James Jones. I'll probably drop Tamme too for another TE but no good ones are available right now.

With Davis as my starter..it might be worth keeping Tamme. Manning has a history of throwing to the TE's and Tamme looks like his first choice in Denver. I too am not sold that RGIII knows that Fred Davis exists right now.

How much did RG3 throw to his TE at Baylor?

Very happy with my big money keeper league coming up this friday. I am keeping Stevan Ridley for 5th, DeMarco Murray 6th, Cam Newton 7th and DHB in 10th. In a 14 team league with 2 RB and 3 WR, I can focus rounds 1-4 on RB1, WR1, WR2 and then either the best available RB or WR....can wait until 8th round for TE. Too big a drop off from Graham and Gronk to pick up a TE in rounds 3-4 I think.

I may have to rely on some hopefully TE's that late in the draft, but I feel good about guys like Rudolph, Cook and Bennett.

Alright. My draft results for a 12 team league, non-PPR. 3 Divisions of 4 teams each. Note, we had 2 rounds of keepers.

QB: Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

RB: Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Peyton Hillis, JAcquizz Rodgers, Mike Tolbert

WR: Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Kendall Wright, Brandon LaFell

TE: Greg Olsen, Coby Fleener

K: Dan Bailey

DEF: San Francisco

Alright. My draft results for a 12 team league, non-PPR. 3 Divisions of 4 teams each. Note, we had 2 rounds of keepers.

QB: Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

RB: Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Peyton Hillis, JAcquizz Rodgers, Mike Tolbert

WR: Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Kendall Wright, Brandon LaFell

TE: Greg Olsen, Coby Fleener

K: Dan Bailey

DEF: San Francisco

Wow that's a pretty stacked team!

Archived