Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Had 1st draft last night. 3 more this weekend, and the one I just did was sort of a warmup. 8 person league, and a couple of guys only take things half seriously, so some players stuck around longer than they probably would normally. Still, the basic strategy I used was sound, grab top RBs early, in addition to a top TE if they're there, and address QB and WR later. The caliber of a couple players might be lower in the other drafts, but that would be the same for all teams.

Draft ended up like this. I put overall pick and round in paranthesis.

QB: Cutler (47/6th), Schaub (79/10th)

RB: Foster (2/1st), MJD (18/3rd), Ridley (82/11th), Brown (127/16th)

WR: White (31/4th), Nicks (34/5th), VJax (50/7th), Bowe (66/9th), Garcon (111/14th), Britt (130/17th)

TE: Graham (15/2nd), Witten (95/12th)

Def: Eagles (63/8th), Redskins (98/13th)

K: Akers (114/15th)

DP: Cole (143/18th), Williams (146/19th)

Starting line-up for week one, barring injury, will be Cutler, Foster, MJD, White, Nicks, VJax, Eagles, Akers, Cole, Williams.

Foster fell to #2 because there was a fight over Aaron Rodgers, culminating in a trade up to #1 for him, dropping Foster to #2.

MJD falling is probably the most off thing about the whole draft; if he's there at #18 in my other drafts I'll eat my hat. People got scared off from him due to hold-out. I'm less concerned, but held off for a while anyway.

Took Graham in the 2nd. I think Gronk is "better" but he's in a more crowded situation, so Graham might have better stats. That and Gronk went before my 2nd round pick, so I was all too happy to take Graham. Witten falling like he did also surprised the heck out of me. When I noticed him there in the 12th, when I was in the market for a backup TE, I was like 0_o, "YES!"

White, Nicks, and VJax were maybe slightly late to go, but not by much. Bowe was probably a little late, but WR is deep, so there'd probably be a comparable guy anyway. Garcon was something of a whim too, but if someone struggles I expect him to be a great Flex guy too.

Took Britt late on a whim. He's riding the bench, but on the off chance he dominates later in the season, like the first 3 weeks of last year, I've got him.

Weakest point for this team is RB if someone gets injured, or QB, if there's an injury or they underperform.

Pick two of the 3:

Ronnie Brown

Kendall Hunter

Mikel LeShore

Personally i am leaning twoards hunter and LeShore...but Ronnie may get the start in San diego, but man was he terrible last year.

FYI, not planning on starting these guys right away, but more of a long term filler for bye weeks and what not.

Pick two of the 3:

Ronnie Brown

Kendall Hunter

Mikel LeShore

Personally i am leaning twoards hunter and LeShore...but Ronnie may get the start in San diego, but man was he terrible last year.

FYI, not planning on starting these guys right away, but more of a long term filler for bye weeks and what not.

Definitely Hunter and Leshoure

Definitely Hunter and Leshoure

That is currently what I have. Leshore is on the waiver, and i have first option at him. 12 team league, I believe Leshore will be the starter in Detroit by week 4. Kevin Smith will get hurt. Going to drop Ronnie brown for him.

So. My 12 team non PPR league decided to allow us a keeper this season. We get to keep one player from last season. It doesn't cost us a pick or anything but I'm still kind of torn.

The 3 players that I'm torn on from last season:

Jamaal Charles - He killed me last season when he got hurt.

Peyton Manning - Same

Calvin Johnson - He won me a few games almost by himself last season.

I usually go RB, RB in the first two rounds but I don't think I can pass on Megatron, especially with Jamaal coming back from a pretty nasty injury. I'm pretty sure Jamaal is out unless someone has seen something that could change my mind. And then we all know what Peyton can do IF healthy. I'm pretty sure I know who to go with but a little feedback would be cool for some reassurance.

Where do you pick? Throw Peyton out. He's not in the running. Way too big a risk, and if you want to take that risk you can get him in the 5th or 6th round. The question is, if you take Calvin or Charles, who do you think you can/will take with your 1st round pick, and which combo do you like better.

It's hard for me to imagine a pick where Calvin isn't the answer. Charles is a high 2nd round pick. A weak RB1. Calvin is a mid 1st round pick, the best WR in the draft. If they all cost you the same, you go Calvin then draft an RB that is as good or better than Charles. IMO anyway

So do I. Shockey is gone, Smith is the only other weapon and he's aging and dealing with a foot infection. I don't see Louis Murphy being a huge threat for the Panthers. I think Olsen has big sleeper potential with the lack of weapons in the passing game.

Hopefully I guessed right. I'm really liking my team (PPR) and think I did well for a 14 team league. We'll see...

Stafford, Ponder

McFadden, Murray, Hillis, Royster, Ryan Williams

Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Torrey Smith, Greg Little, Danny Amendola

Greg Olsen

Robbie Gould

Buffalo

So. My 12 team non PPR league decided to allow us a keeper this season. We get to keep one player from last season. It doesn't cost us a pick or anything but I'm still kind of torn.

The 3 players that I'm torn on from last season:

Jamaal Charles - He killed me last season when he got hurt.

Peyton Manning - Same

Calvin Johnson - He won me a few games almost by himself last season.

I usually go RB, RB in the first two rounds but I don't think I can pass on Megatron, especially with Jamaal coming back from a pretty nasty injury. I'm pretty sure Jamaal is out unless someone has seen something that could change my mind. And then we all know what Peyton can do IF healthy. I'm pretty sure I know who to go with but a little feedback would be cool for some reassurance.

No debate, keep Megatron. You can find a better RB in round one than Charles, easily, and he might be there in round 2 to pick up again anyway.

And Manning is a wild card. Does he throw for 4500 yards and a bunch of TDs, or does his neck get tweaked on the first sack of the season?

Megatron is Megatron, he's as much of a sure thing for a WR as is possible.

12 team PPR league, passing TDs worth 4 pts and 5 QBs go in first round (3 in the first 5 picks). This is gonna be like taking candy from a baby :ols:

QB: Phillip Rivers, Matt Schaub

RB: Ray Rice, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Ryan Williams, Rashad Jennings, Jacquizz Rodgers

WR: Wes Welker, AJ Green, Pierre Garcon, Greg Little, Doug Baldwin

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Kyle Rudolph

K: Robbie Gould

DEF: Seattle

Thoughts?

Where do you pick? Throw Peyton out. He's not in the running. Way too big a risk, and if you want to take that risk you can get him in the 5th or 6th round. The question is, if you take Calvin or Charles, who do you think you can/will take with your 1st round pick, and which combo do you like better.

It's hard for me to imagine a pick where Calvin isn't the answer. Charles is a high 2nd round pick. A weak RB1. Calvin is a mid 1st round pick, the best WR in the draft. If they all cost you the same, you go Calvin then draft an RB that is as good or better than Charles. IMO anyway

No debate, keep Megatron. You can find a better RB in round one than Charles, easily, and he might be there in round 2 to pick up again anyway.

And Manning is a wild card. Does he throw for 4500 yards and a bunch of TDs, or does his neck get tweaked on the first sack of the season?

Megatron is Megatron, he's as much of a sure thing for a WR as is possible.

My draft is tomorrow and I don't know my drafting position yet but I don't think it matters. Like you both said, Megatron is the best bet. I just needed that reassurance I guess Lol. Thanks guys.

just had a draft for a 10 team PPR

QB P Manning, Cutler

RB Rice, Charles, Richardson, Ridley

WR Green, Colston, Garcon, Britt, Baldwin, Hankerson

TE Finley, Fleener

DEF Chicago

K Hartley

I'm pretty happy with this team. This is my scond team, both have Manning and Cutler. If one of those two have a good year, I will have a good fantasy season...

12 team h2d... Pretty happy with my wr, and qb. But RB not too sure about

QB. Brees, Bradford

RB: Reggie Bush, Ridley, and Charles

WR, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe,

TE: Greshaam, Heap

K: Crosby

DEF: Jets, Skins

Granted my commish just added another roster spot for RB, and WR... So have Hightower, and Reggie Wayne on the waiver wire..

12 team h2d... Pretty happy with my wr, and qb. But RB not too sure about

QB. Brees, Bradford

RB: Reggie Bush, Ridley, and Charles

WR, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe,

TE: Greshaam, Heap

K: Crosby

DEF: Jets, Skins

Granted my commish just added another roster spot for RB, and WR... So have Hightower, and Reggie Wayne on the waiver wire..

all the reports from the 'experts' claim that Jamaal Charles is back. I also like Bowe playing for a contract...

I've got 5th pick in a non PPR, 4 pts per pass TD 10 person league. Where should I draft 1st?

assuming Foster, Rice, McCoy are the top 3. Either Calvin Johnson, Aaron Rodgers or Chris Johnson...it all depends on what position you value more. I would go Rodgers or one of the top 3 RBs if they fall

Just found out I have the 8th pick in my 14 team fantasy draft next Sunday. I'm officially pumped. Usually, like most, I'll play in 2 or 3 but again like most, there is only one league I really care about. We don't play for money, just playing for bragging rights all year and throughout the season. It's more fun that way to us. But, we are considering making a crappy looking cheap trophy to pass along to the winners for the next few decades, unless football becomes too dangerous and extinct.

Did 2nd draft today. 12 team league, standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def, 1 K, 7 bench.

Simultaneously pleased and pissed. Pissed because in about 6 rounds out of 16 there were players I wanted who got picked literally 1 or 2 picks before I went. Not, like, 10 picks, that would have been ok, but rather RIGHT FREAKIN BEFORE I WENT. Happened with Jimmy Graham, a couple QBs, RBs, and about a dozen freakin WRs.

Still pleased though, ended up with decent players overall, assuming no one flops hard.

QB: Cutler (7th, #76), Fitzpatrick (12th, 141)

RB: McCoy (1st, #4), Murray (2nd, #21), McFadden (3rd, #28), Blount (10th, 117), Ryan Williams (14th, 165)

WR: Nelson (4th, #45), Jackson (6th, #69), T. Smith (8th, #93), T. Young (11th, 124), LaFell (15th , 172)

TE: F. Davis(5th, #52), Gresham (13th, 148)

Def: Eagles (9th, #100)

K: Nugent (16th, 189)

If Cutler lights it up like I know he can, and should, then QB should be solid. McCoy, and Murray/McFadden are solid RBs. Unfortunately if there are any injuries I could be screwed. I have little to no faith in Blount or Williams. Nelson is a numbers accumulator, and my hope is Jackson lights it up. Smith, Young, and LaFell are all young #2s with huge upside, hoping I either get a starter out of one of them, or maybe trade-bait. Davis should be very solid, and Gresham is an up and comer.

All told, should be a solid team so long as A) Cutler performs and B) running backs don't all tear ACLs or something on me.

But, we are considering making a crappy looking cheap trophy to pass along to the winners for the next few decades, unless football becomes too dangerous and extinct.

SHIVA!!!

My draft is tonight. We don't play for money either but it's still the best time. I went to school with most of the guys and it's kinda like an annual class reunion lol. I've yet to win our league, but hopefully this is my year to have the bragging rights.

I've got 5th pick in a non PPR, 4 pts per pass TD 10 person league. Where should I draft 1st?

That's rough. I was kind of in the same spot, and was going 4th, while hoping to get one of the top 3 RBs.

Assuming Foster, Rice, and McCoy are all gone, MJD or Chris Johnson are probably best, unless you want an elite QB. Megatron's not bad either, but the one problem is that WR is deep this year, while you'll be scrapping crumbs from the bottom of the barrel by round 4 for RBs.

Archived