Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Wow that's a pretty stacked team!

I thought so! I took some risks on a few players hoping the pan out. I kept the 2 RBs for my keepers (Rice, Johnson)- hoping that Hillis plans out, and that Tolbert gets goal line carries.

I feel somewhat weak at WR - I have big hopes for Jake Locker and hope Kendall Wright can and him can connect. Also hoping for LaFell to step up with Cam this year.

I think Olsen will be integral to Carolina's offense, and hoping that Luck gets lots of help from Coby.

With Davis as my starter..it might be worth keeping Tamme. Manning has a history of throwing to the TE's and Tamme looks like his first choice in Denver. I too am not sold that RGIII knows that Fred Davis exists right now.

I've been wondering what people's thoughts are on Tamme. He did a good job that one year in Indy filling in after Dallas Clark got hurt, so they have that history. But I think he's had a pretty quiet preseason

In mocks I've done, I've seen him anywhere from the 1st round to mid-3rd.

I hope Matthews would drop to the second round. I had a draft two weeks ago right after his injury and he still went 5. I am little worry about MJD though it tends to not workout for players who holdout especially ones on bad teams.

What has been Ryan Matthew and MJD's ADP so far in everyones draft?

MJD has gone 13 (6th RB), 18 (8th RB, by me), 7 (4th RB), in my leagues so far, based on how worried people were about his holding out. So average of 12.66 overall, and 6th RB off the board.

Ryan Mathews has gone 43 (19th RB, by me), 51 (18th RB), and 33 (14th RB), again, with some variance based on concerns about injury. So average of 42.33 overall, and 17th RB off the board.

Both might be slightly low if you're drafting after today. The closer MJD gets to signing a deal, the higher he'll rise, and Mathews just got cleared, so he's probably less of a dangerous investment.

What has been Ryan Matthew and MJD's ADP so far in everyones draft?

Granted I'm in a 10-team keeper league, but Mathews was the last pick in the 1st round, and MJD was taken #8 in the first round.

Luckily neither fell late in the 2nd round to where I was picking and didn't have to pick either one at #18 and got Richardson instead.

just did a draft today with people from my work.

one guy, who happens to be a dallas fan, with the third overall pick, picks DALLAS D.

second round, he takes jason witten.

third round, DAVID AKERS.

i'm not kidding and i have pictures to prove it.

how i didnt win this league last year, i have no idea.

one guy, who happens to be a dallas fan, with the third overall pick, picks DALLAS D.

Wow, that's embarrassing. :doh: Is this his first year? Even if it's his first time playing he should know better. :ols:

12-team non-PPR keeper league. I kept Fitz (3), Stafford (9) & Bush (13). Not overly thrilled, particularly at RB. Thoughts?

QB: Matthew Stafford, Robert Griffin III, Jake Locker

RB: Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, C.J. Spiller, Michael Bush, Toby Gerhart

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Lloyd, Sidney Rice, Randall Cobb

TE: Antonio Gates

PK: Alex Henery

TD: Philadelphia Eagles

A few weeks ago, I was surprised to learn that Romo sits to pee has some of the best QB rankings amongst active NFL quarterbacks.

Spurred by this information, I proceeded to draft him to back up Brees in my league. Don't worry, he won't get points ;)

If I was Obama, my response would be "No, get your own room, I'm picking my Badass O-bombers in there."

You MUST post those pictures. That kind of stuff needs to be preserved for posterity via the immotality granted via the internet.

I would feel bad for that guy though. Playing him would feel like beating up a defenseless puppy.

I had a guy (who is in 2 leagues with me) pick Akers 40th overall in the 4th, and then in the next league pick the Ravens D at the start of the 6th round. Not nearly as bad, but pretty lulzy (mainly because everyone BUT him was in the same room while he was drafting online).

hey man, you gotta be ahead of the rush to get that Dallas D....definitely a better option than any position player out there

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 08:20 AM ----------

Wow, Foster at 5 and still got Murray too? Your league hates RBs lol. Your team is stacked, as it should be in a 10 team, but I think you'll come away winning it. WRs are stacked, so are RBs, TE and QB good, great D, solid K.

In 10 man league only 20 QBs likely taken, I would look for someone other than Bradford to back up Eli. If Schaub, Dalton, Flacco, or even Fitzpatrick are available I would take each over Bradford.

Looks like no one drafted Luck or Big Ben. I put in a waiver for Luck (I thought he was drafted)

Who should I start for my Week 1 flex: Rashad Jennings vs MIN, Stevie Johnson vs NYJ, or Alfred Morris vs NO?

I'm thinking definitely not Johnson, as he'll be lost on Revis Island. Leaning towards Jennings over Morris.

EDIT: Here's my full team. 12 team non-PPR..

QB: Newton, Dalton

WR: Fitzgerald, Maclin, S. Johnson, Wayne

RB: S.Jackson, Greene, Jennings, LeShoure, Morris

TE: Gresham, Cook

K: Prater

DST: Packers

Start two WR, two RB, and one flex.

Who should I start for my Week 1 flex: Rashad Jennings vs MIN, Stevie Johnson vs NYJ, or Alfred Morris vs NO?

I'm thinking definitely not Johnson, as he'll be lost on Revis Island. Leaning towards Jennings over Morris.

EDIT: Here's my full team. 12 team non-PPR..

QB: Newton, Dalton

WR: Fitzgerald, Maclin, S. Johnson, Wayne

RB: S.Jackson, Greene, Jennings, LeShoure, Morris

TE: Gresham, Cook

K: Prater

DST: Packers

Start two WR, two RB, and one flex.

If MJD is still holding out, you start Jennings. If not, I would think about starting Wayne.

14 team PPR league. w/ only 3 bench spots on our roster. bonuses for TD's over 30 yds and KR and PR yards also count.

I just got the 10th pick. i can assume 4 QB's (rogers, brady, brees,cam) 3 RB's ( rice, foster, shady) and Megatron are not on the board @ 10. if so i'd be happy w/ any of them. What should I do at 10 and again on the comeback #19? I'm not really high on stafford due to history of injuries. thanks for the help.

Non-PPR is so boring to me. I don't know how people can do it anymore. I guess some purists are purists.

Au contraire. PPR adds a large element of predictability to your league, especially when you approach the draft. Reception totals are way more predictable year to year than yardage and TD totals. I think it takes some of the dynamic and dynamism out of fantasy.

I like PPR because it rewards a skillful, well prepared player, plus it at least tries to acknowledge the tremendous real life value of receptions. But I don't mind playing touchdowns leagues because it keeps the pure running back and big play receiver viable, potent plays. I think it actually opens up the league by making more types of W/R available.

That said, what I don't understand is why anyone still does snake drafts instead of auctions? Drafts are such an inferior format. They reward stupid luck even more. You're set if you get a top pick and screwed if you get stuck in the middle. You lose the league on draft day because you were unfortunate to draw the 7th pick out of a hat. The auction format is better in every way. It definitely rewards skill because everyone has a chance at every player. It's a thousand times more engaging because you get to be involved in the picking of every player. It's far more dynamic and unpredictable, and therefore, more fun. Bidding adds an element of poker/psychology to it. And it's FANTASTIC to do with your friends. Unless you've done it before, you don't know how much fun it is to precipitate bidding wars between your friends for players you know they desperately want that you don't even care about. You haven't truly loved fantasy until you've gotten your buddy to pay 70 dollars for Adrian Peterson.

My family league STILL does a snake draft every year and it frustrates me to no end. I've pushed for an auction every year but the family is set in their ways and they're intimidated by the change. It sucks because this is the only league I care about winning, and the only league I put money on.

Also, I think keeper leagues are total bull**** too. It's for people who want to haze new owners and/or aren't confident enough in their own skill to win a fair competition. Needed to get that off my chest.

14 team PPR league. w/ only 3 bench spots on our roster. bonuses for TD's over 30 yds and KR and PR yards also count.

I just got the 10th pick. i can assume 4 QB's (rogers, brady, brees,cam) 3 RB's ( rice, foster, shady) and Megatron are not on the board @ 10. if so i'd be happy w/ any of them. What should I do at 10 and again on the comeback #19? I'm not really high on stafford due to history of injuries. thanks for the help.

CJ2K, Forte, or Charles. On the turn target a guy like Sproles or Mathews.

Anyone interested in an ES league with a DEEP format?

Just testing the waters here...if I get one or two bites, I'll create the league at Yahoo.

10 team PPR format:

QB - 2

RB - 3

WR - 3

WRT - 3

TE - 2

DEF - 2

K - 2

No IDP

1 point per 10 yards Rushing, Receiving, Returning

1 point per 20 yards passing

Live draft would be Sunday at 4:30