WR James Jones

WR Michael Floyd

TE Jermaine Grisham

TE Marcedes Lewis

K Steven Gostkowski

D Pittsburgh

IDP Derrick Johnson

4th draft this morning, 5th is tonight.

Pretty pleased with how this one turned out (10 team, yahoo scoring, however that works, I could never quite figure it out):

QB: Stafford, Cutler

RB: McCoy, Peterson, M. Bush, Leshoure

WR: Welker, VJax, Bowe, Britt, LaFell

TE: F. Davis, Celek

K: Cundiff

Def: Houston

A few observations:

- people are still pretty freaked about Britt, even though he's been medically cleared and only has a 1 week suspension. Getting him in the 8th round was a steal

- I guess no one got the memo that Leshoure might be breaking out this year after week 2. Grabbed him really late, and I'm going to hide him on the bench until he starts playing

- TEs are going much earlier than I anticipated. Graham was taken early 2nd, and Gronk mid-2nd. Meta on them shifted pretty hard from last year.

Here's my team - give me your thoughts!

ESPN Standard League (so no PPR) - 10 Teams

QB - Cutler, RG3

RB - R. Matthews, Sproles, D. Martin, Redman, Spiller, Morris

WR - Megatron, Marshall, Harvin, Boldin, Heyward-Bey

TE - Gronk

D - Jets

K - Henery

Also, Week 1 questions: Who would yall take on Defense (going head to head) - Jets or Bills? I drafted Jets but I'm thinking Bills might be better Week 1 (and potentially all year). And is Ronnie Brown worth a waiver claim as a Week 1 fill-in for Ryan Matthews??

I have been playing Fantast Football for 18 years and I think this team is the best team I have ever drafted. 10 man league. 1/2 PPR. I had the 8th pick in the draft. Oh ya and it is a deep league cause we start 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 Def. So with my depth expecially half way thru the season when Mendenhall is healthy I am set.

QB- Romo sits to pee, RG3

RB- AP, Richardson, Doug Martin, Greene, Redman, Mendenhall, Garhart

WR- Calvin Johnson, V. Jax, D. Jax, S. Moss, Collie

TE- Jimmy Graham, Owen Daniels

K- Bailey

Def- Seattle

Auto picked for my kicker and Owen Daniels. I was going to pick Randy Moss in stead of Owen Daniels and Hartley instead of Bailey but was talking with my wife and not paying attention.

Damn, you all get a big bench. How many TEs do you start? If only one, I'd consider dealing one of yours.

I like your team for standard scoring and QB friendly leagues. Schaub is a starting caliber player when healthy and might get you some trade value if he starts out really strong. Then again, you may want to hold onto him because Stafford has gotten hurt several different years.

Your receivers look pretty good and I think you'll end up starting Nelson and Blackmon mostly, working Decker in if he gets hot.

Your RB situation is a little more tenuous. Steven Jackson has been pretty healthy lately and looked strong in the preseason. He'll get carries. But I think he's got to be approaching his shelf life soon. When RBs hit the wall, it's sudden. They go from a 1200 yard season to like 400 and you'll never see it coming. You have to be afraid of that in drafting Jackson from now on.

McGahee should be at least a solid RB2 this year. Especially in 12 team leagues. Bradshaw is worth starting when he's healthy and is another solid RB2. Ben Tate would be a high end RB1 should the unthinkable happen and Foster go down. I like the Turbin pick. It's different and the guy is a good runningback. I think its only a matter of time before something happens to Marshawn Lynch and Turbin gets an opportunity. Seattle has a burgeoning offensive line and they run the ball. That could be a lotto ticket.

Format of my skill position guys is:

WR

WR

RB

RB

TE

W/R

W/R

W/R/T

That's why I've got so many tight ends; a back up, and one for my flex spot.

He's available in my league, but I figured Smith would be getting the bulk of the carries...

Probably, but he got banged up a bit in preseason. I'm not expecting Leshoure to be my first backup, he's always 4th RB or lower on my teams, but I figure since Best just CANNOT stay healthy, and Leshoure looked decent, he'll get some carries, and see a majorly increased workload if Smith gets banged up, which there's probably a high chance of. That, and he might just straight up beat Smith to the starting job this year anyway...maybe.

It's definitely a risky pick. Might not work, but if it does, you look psychic. Same thing with Alfred Morris, if he becomes the featured back.

Probably, but he got banged up a bit in preseason. I'm not expecting Leshoure to be my first backup, he's always 4th RB or lower on my teams, but I figure since Best just CANNOT stay healthy, and Leshoure looked decent, he'll get some carries, and see a majorly increased workload if Smith gets banged up, which there's probably a high chance of. That, and he might just straight up beat Smith to the starting job this year anyway...maybe.

It's definitely a risky pick. Might not work, but if it does, you look psychic. Same thing with Alfred Morris, if he becomes the featured back.

I picked up Leshoure because Smith will not be able to stay healthy for a sustained period of time, he just never has. I picked him over Morris because I do NOT want a Skins RB, and allow Shanahan to drive me crazy because the depth chart already is Royster, Helu, & then Morris at #3. Leshoure will be on a potent offense and most likely will become their goal line back. I have him as my #5 RB behind McCoy, Richardson, Doug Martin, & Ingram; and, I think he could finish higher than Ingram.

Dude, I'm the idiot that traded Murray for Ced Benson :)

Ain't that risky and could be a very smart move on your part because he did play well in the final preseason game.

T. Brady, J. Cutler

S. Green, J. Stewart, P. Thomas, B. Wells, T. Gerhart, A. Morris

H. Nicks, D. Bowe, W. Welker, L. Hankerson

A. Gates, B. Celek

Skins D

Bironas K

I give myself a B depending on how these RB pan out. I feel good about my WR group this season.

T. Brady, J. Cutler

A. Gates, B. Celek

Skins D

Bironas K

I give myself a B depending on how these RB pan out. I feel good about my WR group this season.

How many people are in the league? If 2 of those backs become consistent threats each week, you'll look alright.

T. Brady, J. Cutler

A. Gates, B. Celek

Skins D

Bironas K

You have to trade Cutler for a RB because yours are garbage at best. Plus you don't need Cutler when you have Brady.

Greene is worthless especially with Tebow taking goal line carries away. Stewart is good but has too much competition with Williams, Tolbert, & Cam. Thomas is another timeshare back, and he won't get goal line carries. Gerhart depends on how healthy AP is, but that Minnesota offense is still garbage, and who the hell knows with Morris.

Nicks & Welker are solid WRs, we'll see if Bowe can replicate what he did last year, especially after missing most of the preseason. Hankerson isn't worth a roster spot at this point because he hasn't shown a reason to be drafted/being on a roster (unless it's a 14-team or more league).

Drop the Skins D/ST, and play D/ST week by week. You don't want the Skins D/ST this week since we face New Orleans.

I did 2 teams this year, here is my final team. 12 team PPR 1 QB 3WR 2 RB 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF

QB: Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson

RB: Chris Johnson, MJD, Green-Ellis, R. Jennings, J. Rodgers.

WR: B. Marshall, Decker, Torrey Smith, TItus Young, Justin Blackmon

TE: Pettigrew

K: Henery

DEF: KC

My team ended up looking pretty pedestrian so no point in posting it.

Had my draft last night with a bunch of old college friends. The homeowner broke out the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel before we started and I stopped caring after the first round or two lol.

You have to trade Cutler for a RB because yours are garbage at best. Plus you don't need Cutler when you have Brady.

Word, that's what I was thinkin when I drafted Cutler in the 11th round. There were no good RB left so I just grabbed someone I figured might turn into trade bait as the season goes along.

Hankerson is my flier pick for this year, definitely risky. Hopefully someone gets an injury at QB and gets desperate.

12 Teams BTW.

I ended up with rg3 and garçon, as well as luck and fleener. One of those combos is going to have a great year, and I will ride whichever one is working.

I ended up with a lot of WR depth and crap RB depth, so I'm trying to trade drew brees for a top 10 RB to go Forte and Fred Jackson. I figure my QB depth is good enough that I can part with brees to shore up my RB situation and turn it into a strength.

Last draft was today. What do you all think?

1. (9) Tom Brady, NE QB

2. (12) Jamaal Charles, KC RB

3. (29) Julio Jones, Atl WR

4. (32) Brandon Marshall, Chi WR

5. (49) Trent Richardson, Cle RB

6. (52) Jermichael Finley, GB TE

7. (69) Jay Cutler, Chi QB

8. (72) Willis McGahee, Den RB

9. (89) Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

10. (92) Beanie Wells, Ari RB

11. (109) Washington Redskins D/ST, Wsh D/ST

12. (112) Alfred Morris, Wsh RB

13. (129) Daniel Thomas, Mia RB

14. (132) Rob Bironas, Ten K

Last draft was today. What do you all think?

1. (9) Tom Brady, NE QB

2. (12) Jamaal Charles, KC RB

3. (29) Julio Jones, Atl WR

4. (32) Brandon Marshall, Chi WR

5. (49) Trent Richardson, Cle RB

6. (52) Jermichael Finley, GB TE

7. (69) Jay Cutler, Chi QB

8. (72) Willis McGahee, Den RB

9. (89) Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

10. (92) Beanie Wells, Ari RB

11. (109) Washington Redskins D/ST, Wsh D/ST

12. (112) Alfred Morris, Wsh RB

13. (129) Daniel Thomas, Mia RB

14. (132) Rob Bironas, Ten K

Like your team. Picked up a few of the same guys and targeted another. I've heard from quite a few places that Jamaal Charles is back and looking good. I was hoping he would fall to me in the second round but didn't quite make it. I believe that Brandon Marshall is going to have a monster season with Cutler throwing him the ball (I have Megatron and Marshall :)). I also snagged Trent Richardson. I figure he has injury issues but the Browns are going to be leaning heavily on him and he should put up pretty good fantasy points as long as he stays healthy. The only thing that I would have done differently is stayed away from Redskin players. I took too many last season and got burned for it, I can see why you took the guys where you took them though so maybe it won't haunt you.

I would drop Winslow and look for another WR. I think WR is your weakest spot right now. Andre is great, but if Lloyd will be the guy in NE is unknown, Crabtree is a let down, Meachem could be good in SD but Floyd could be the #1 there.

TE I think you're actually ok with Cook and Daniels (he doesn't have Dreesen stealing catches anymore).

thanks. I actually cut Winslow (after he got released) and I have an open spot. I usually wait until week 1 and see if someone has a great game and try to add them on, lol.

McGahee is iffy. He's a bit old for an RB, so there might be injury concerns. Jennings is probably only good for week 1, until MJD comes back. If he doesn't play this year, Jennings might work, but odds are MJD will be back at some point. TE is a bit weak too.

How many RBs do you need to play? If it's 2 then you're probably ok so long as no one gets injured.

thanks also.

I only have to play one RB, but I can play 2 as its one of those combo positions (W/R/T for example).

I will probably cut Jennings now that MJD is back too.

Im really banking on Lloyd and Brady clicking because Lloyd gets the NE offense as its the same one he had his pro bowl season in Denver under McDaniels.

Although us Skins fans are no longer find of him, I think Eddie Royal is worth a last pick, he could do well in the slot in SD.

I disagree, bushwack, about Greene. Many are down on him, but I think with Tebow and the Jets doing wildcat, and the chance that Tebow takes over for Sanchez, that Greene gets a lot of runs and is more successful in a system that is heavily geared toward the run. Tebow will be keyed in on in goalline situations, so Greene being out there as well gives a good 1-2. I wouldn't rely on Greene as a starting RB1 or 2, but as a back-up and/or occasional flex play, like I have him for in 1 of my leagues, I think he's fine, especially with how late he can be had.

I agree trading Cutler for a RB is best for illone. In fact, I'd consider packaging Cutler for a RB2 like Turner who should have an ok season but people are down on him.

Like your team. Picked up a few of the same guys and targeted another. I've heard from quite a few places that Jamaal Charles is back and looking good. I was hoping he would fall to me in the second round but didn't quite make it. I believe that Brandon Marshall is going to have a monster season with Cutler throwing him the ball (I have Megatron and Marshall :)). I also snagged Trent Richardson. I figure he has injury issues but the Browns are going to be leaning heavily on him and he should put up pretty good fantasy points as long as he stays healthy. The only thing that I would have done differently is stayed away from Redskin players. I took too many last season and got burned for it, I can see why you took the guys where you took them though so maybe it won't haunt you.

I got Marshall lighting up this year too. Dont't get me wrong, Josh Wilson isn't the greatest CB, but he is decent. Well Marshall kind of abused him in that game. If he can do that to him, imagine what he can do against those weak NFC North secondaries. :ols:

I got Garçon because it was late and he looks to be Griffin's top target. Alfred Morris was a pick that I had to make. I don't thnk I will start him week 1. If he has a big game, I won't be mad because it probably means we won :ols:

---------- Post added September-3rd-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

thanks. I actually cut Winslow (after he got released) and I have an open spot. I usually wait until week 1 and see if someone has a great game and try to add them on, lol.

thanks also.

I only have to play one RB, but I can play 2 as its one of those combo positions (W/R/T for example).

I will probably cut Jennings now that MJD is back too.

Im really banking on Lloyd and Brady clicking because Lloyd gets the NE offense as its the same one he had his pro bowl season in Denver under McDaniels.

I am still iffy with Lloyd, but I could see him doing it big in NE.

Final draft tonight, (unless something happens) and man was it brutal. 14 teams deep. Not to mention, I picked 14th, which meant the top 7 RBs and top 4 QBs were gone. I was able to do well though, early, snagging Lynch, Graham, Wallace, Bush, and then Cutler in the 5th.

Surprised though, top 4 picks were all QBs, which scares me, because I had to settle for a lower tier guy (Cutler, for the 3rd time this year) with my late pick. Really hoping he explodes, or I'm completely screwed.

Positions were QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, K, Def, DP, DP, and 8 bench.

Without further ado:

QBs: Cutler, Palmer

RBs: Lynch, R. Bush, LeShoure, Morris, L. James

WRs: Wallace, VJax, Britt, LaFell, S. Moss

TEs: Graham, Celek, Kellen Davis

Def: Seattle, Washington

K: Prater

DP: Kerrigan, Weedle

Took some chances here, but pretty much had to at 14 teams deep. Sleepers include Cutler, LeShoure, Morris, Britt (a couple people thought he was out for the season, lol), LaFell, and Kerrigan.

And finally, my college fraternity, Sigma Alpha Epsilon is well represented here too. Prater, Palmer, and Pete Carroll, via the Seahawks Def.

Dude, I'm the idiot that traded Murray for Ced Benson :)

Should I...should I ask, or not?

Archived