Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

I avoided them in my first couple of drafts but I had one last night where it worked out that I got both. It was a situation where I thought they were good value for the point at which I drafted them.

They should have solid years (Cam for sure) but I wouldn't overreach for either expecting greatness. Like jobaga said, I think Cam has a more stable/even year this year with a solid performance throughout but fewer rushing TDs. I just never know what to expect from Cleveland, but I wouldn't be shocked if Richardson had some numbers like Peyton Hillis had as a Brown in 2010.

Yea i agree. my original draft strategy was to avoid these players. But i drafted 7th in a 12 man league. So i ended up feeling that cam was my best choice at the time i drafted him. And I didnt draft richardson, but i traded for him. I traded malcom floyd and ingram for him because i decided i wanted to take the risk for richardson

Final draft tonight, (unless something happens) and man was it brutal. 14 teams deep. Not to mention, I picked 14th, which meant the top 7 RBs and top 4 QBs were gone. I was able to do well though, early, snagging Lynch, Graham, Wallace, Bush, and then Cutler in the 5th.

Surprised though, top 4 picks were all QBs, which scares me, because I had to settle for a lower tier guy (Cutler, for the 3rd time this year) with my late pick. Really hoping he explodes, or I'm completely screwed.

Positions were QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, K, Def, DP, DP, and 8 bench.

Without further ado:

QBs: Cutler, Palmer

RBs: Lynch, R. Bush, LeShoure, Morris, L. James

WRs: Wallace, VJax, Britt, LaFell, S. Moss

TEs: Graham, Celek, Kellen Davis

Def: Seattle, Washington

K: Prater

DP: Kerrigan, Weedle

Took some chances here, but pretty much had to at 14 teams deep. Sleepers include Cutler, LeShoure, Morris, Britt (a couple people thought he was out for the season, lol), LaFell, and Kerrigan.

And finally, my college fraternity, Sigma Alpha Epsilon is well represented here too. Prater, Palmer, and Pete Carroll, via the Seahawks Def.

For a 14 team league thats a sick lineup. Good work, dude!

Should I...should I ask, or not?

Eh, just a big gamble and hunch on my part. Of course Murray will probably rush for 150 yards and 3 TD's tomorrow night :)

I have McFadden, Reggie Bush, Peyton Hillis, Alfred Morris and Jonathan Dwyer. I figured I had a little wiggle room to take a risk. Benson does not have a lot of wear and tear for backs his age. His attitude seems outstanding. He will be running with the benefit of teams poised to shut down Rodgers aerial attack. I believe he could be poised for a good year. Murray OTOH is very talented, but injury prone, running behind a poor OL. I don't know. It's a move while risky but doubtful will sink my season overall.

Had my main draft last night. 12 teams, standard scoring, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, K, BEx6. Drafted 8th.

Brees

Trent Richardson

J Stewart

Nicks

Maclin

Wayne

Gronk

Eagles D/ST

Bironas

Ben Tate

K Wright

Russell Wilson

Jonathan Dwyer

Greg Little

Coby Fleener

Feel pretty decent about how it went considering how bad I usually am at it.

Had my main draft last night. 12 teams, standard scoring, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, K, BEx6. Drafted 8th.

Brees

Trent Richardson

J Stewart

Nicks

Maclin

Wayne

Gronk

Eagles D/ST

Bironas

Ben Tate

K Wright

Russell Wilson

Jonathan Dwyer

Greg Little

Coby Fleener

Feel pretty decent about how it went considering how bad I usually am at it.

I got a feeling that this man might put up some decent points this year. He might finish in the top 5 in TEs

My team (10 team, standard scoring):

Drew Brees, NO QB

Matt Forte, Chi RB

Fred Jackson, Buf RB

Julio Jones, Atl WR

Percy Harvin, Min WR

Aaron Hernandez, NE TE

Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR

Ravens D/ST D/ST

Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K Q

Torrey Smith, Bal WR

Peyton Hillis, KC RB

Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB

Andrew Luck, Ind QB

Titus Young, Det WR

Coby Fleener, Ind TE

Randall Cobb, GB WR

As mentioned, RB depth is terrible but there kept being runs on RBs in between my picks... Forte was the last potentially great one in the 1st round (9th pick), I HAD to take Brees in the 2nd, and by the time I picked in the 3rd basically all the starters were gone.

So.. I think I may be overthinking my flex option this week lol

Rashad Jennings @ Vikings... Was my start until MJD went and clocked in for work. I know Jennings is the starter but how much will MJD step in and take carries away?

Mike Wallace @ Broncos... Missed all offseason work and preseason. Across from Champ Bailey? = Meh!

Donald Brown @ Bears.. Not a very good matchup imo and I figure they will be playing from behind for much of the game.

Darrius Hayward-Bey vs. Chargers... Not too high on him. Too inconsistent, but had some real good games last season.

Alfred Morris @ Saints... I picked him up off of waivers when we sat him the final preseason game even though he's a Shanny back. I think I want to hold off though and see what happens against the Saints.

I'm thinking Jennings but figured I'd throw it out there and see what you guys think.

Never played in a 14 person league before!! Holy crap it gets ugly towards the end of the draft with whats left to choose from.

Can someone tell me if I did reasonably well considering the number of people in the league?

Starters:

Matt Ryan

Marques Colston

Dez Bryant

Ray Rice

Steven Jackson

Jacob Tamme

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Matt Prater

Detroit

Bench

Denarius Moore

Michael Bush

Santana Moss

Mike Williams (TB)

Felix Jones

Brandon Weedon

Never played in a 14 person league before!! Holy crap it gets ugly towards the end of the draft with whats left to choose from.

Can someone tell me if I did reasonably well considering the number of people in the league?

Starters:

Matt Ryan

Marques Colston

Dez Bryant

Ray Rice

Steven Jackson

Jacob Tamme

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Matt Prater

Detroit

Bench

Denarius Moore

Michael Bush

Santana Moss

Mike Williams (TB)

Felix Jones

Brandon Weedon

That is a beast team to me. :2cents:

Who to start at the 2nd RB spot and how does my team look? 12 team h2h, ppr

1 QB Robert Griffin III

2 RB Ray Rice, --empty--

2 WR Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall

1 TE Tony Gonzalez

1 Flex Dez Bryant

1 K Mike Nugent

1 DB Eric Berry

1 DL Calais Campbell

1 LB Ryan Kerrigan

BN – WR Reggie Wayne

BN – WR Lance Moore

BN – RB Reggie Bush

BN – RB C.J. Spiller

BN – RB Michael Bush

BN – RB Donald Brown

BN – RB Ryan Williams

BN – QB Andy Dalton

---------- Post added September-4th-2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

Very solid! Especially for a 14 team league.

Starters:

Matt Ryan

Marques Colston

Dez Bryant

Ray Rice

Steven Jackson

Jacob Tamme

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Matt Prater

Detroit

Bench:

Denarius Moore

Michael Bush

Santana Moss

Mike Williams (TB)

Felix Jones

Brandon Weedon

Yeah 14 team leagues get really ugly real fast unless you either get really lucky or make some riskier plays.

On the whole though, pretty good. Ryan is a solid QB.

Rice and Jackson are solid RBs, so long as they stay healthy, and Green Ellis should be the featured back in CIN, so he has a shot at being a big deal. Felix Jones is a little weaker, but he might see some solid carries if they want to protect Murray a little. Mike Bush actually isn't bad, he'll be taking goal-line carries all the time, so he might get close to 10 TDs.

Your WR corp is deep, but not spectacular. Colston is solid, Bryant *should* break out, but beyond that the guys are decent but not monstrous. I would be hoping that either Griffin or Freeman has a monster year, because if they do, stats should trickle down to Moss or Williams (especially Williams, as #2 there).

TE is weak, and you only have one, but hey, that's a 14 team league for you. Tamme has some upside though.

Detroit D is not so good, I think. They were around 23 in all categories last year, and tended towards shootouts.

Rashad Jennings @ Vikings... Was my start until MJD went and clocked in for work. I know Jennings is the starter but how much will MJD step in and take carries away?

Mike Wallace @ Broncos... Missed all offseason work and preseason. Across from Champ Bailey? = Meh!

Donald Brown @ Bears.. Not a very good matchup imo and I figure they will be playing from behind for much of the game.

Darrius Hayward-Bey vs. Chargers... Not too high on him. Too inconsistent, but had some real good games last season.

Alfred Morris @ Saints... I picked him up off of waivers when we sat him the final preseason game even though he's a Shanny back. I think I want to hold off though and see what happens against the Saints.

I'm thinking Jennings but figured I'd throw it out there and see what you guys think.

I'd take Heyward-Bey v. Chargers. He's got a reasonably competent QB now (we think) in Palmer, so should have a good game.

Other than that, I'd take Wallace. Sure he's got Bailey, but he's Mike Wallace. He's gonna get some targets and probably some catches.

Who to start at the 2nd RB spot and how does my team look? 12 team h2h, ppr

1 QB Robert Griffin III

2 RB Ray Rice, --empty--

2 WR Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall

1 TE Tony Gonzalez

1 Flex Dez Bryant

1 K Mike Nugent

1 DB Eric Berry

1 DL Calais Campbell

1 LB Ryan Kerrigan

BN – WR Reggie Wayne

BN – WR Lance Moore

BN – RB Reggie Bush

BN – RB C.J. Spiller

BN – RB Michael Bush

BN – RB Donald Brown

BN – RB Ryan Williams

BN – QB Andy Dalton

---------- Post added September-4th-2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

Very solid! Especially for a 14 team league.

Dang Z, that is a tough call. I guess I would go with Bush against that Colts Defense. You know them bammas are struggling with that 3-4. If the Colts were playing anybody else but the Bears, I probably would have said start Brown.

Got some questions for my lineup this week...

QB - Robert Griffin III (BN: Andy Dalton)

RB: Steven Ridley, Marshawn Lynch (BN: Maurice Jones Drew, Alfred Morris, Daniel Thomas [Waiver claim in to drop him for Robert Turbin], Taiwan Jones)

WR: Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall (BN: Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Michael Floyd, James Jones)

TE: Jermaine Gresham (BN: Marcedes Lewis)

FLEX: Pierre Garcon

D: Steelers

K: Gostkowski

IDP: Derrick Johnson

Got some serious questions here:

MJD is slated to be a third down back, I think that makes Ridley and Lynch the clear #1/#2 there this week. I drafted MJD knowing he wouldn't contribute for a few weeks. Then I look at receivers. Bryant vs. The Giants could be a tough match up, but he's going to be Romo sits to pee's #1 target this week, and he could rack up a ton of yards with Witten not playing. Brandon Marshall vs. Indy is almost a no brainer. But then I have Reggie Wayne vs. Chicago, Garcon vs. New Orleans to flesh out. I think Garcon is the clear choice for the FLEX spot (can be RB, WR or TE).

I have Jennings too, and with MJD coming back I'm torn between him or Reggie Wayne. I think you have to play Jennings, just because a.) the Vikings run defense is terrible, and b.) you have to think he'll get at LEAST 10-15 carries. MJD will not be able to take a full load week 1, even if he does play.

Dang Z, that is a tough call. I guess I would go with Bush against that Colts Defense. You know them bammas are struggling with that 3-4. If the Colts were playing anybody else but the Bears, I probably would have said start Brown.

M. Bush is also who I'm leaning towards. He may not get a lot of yards but hopefully he steals 1 or 2 TD's from Forte at the goaline. Thanks

So I am done with my draft. PPR league. 6 points for TDs. Its also an IDP league but I'll leave the IDP's out for this thread.

QB1 Drew Brees

RB1: Darren Sproles

RB2: Ryan Mathews (out for first two weeks however)

WR1: Percy Harvin

WR2: Dwane Bowe

TE: Aaran Hernandez

FLEX: Danny Amendola

K: David Akers

Def: NY Giants

Bench: Andy Dalton, Ronald Brown (handcuff for mathews), Donald Brown, Justin Blackmon, Santana Moss, Jason Witten (NOTE: TE's can play the flex)

So the plan here is to survive the first few weeks when Mathews gets healthy and Witten comes back and then either use witten in the flex or trade him to someone who is weak at TE. I got mathews and witten really late in the draft. I was quite surprised to see Mathews fall as far as he did.

Thoughts. Again its a PPR (hence the sproles pick and the amendola pick) 10 yds per point rushing, 20 yds per point throwing and receiving.

So I did my first auction draft last night...after 10+ years of normal live drafting..it was...odd.

I totally overpaid for Rice ($68), but I paired him with Megatron ($51) and Eli ($15) and Garcon ($8) to make a pretty lethal lineup. Also have Gore ($15) and Sproles, Pettigrew, Prater, and Chicago as starters.

My bench (a total of $12) is made up of Boldin, Lance Moore, Tamme, Freeman, and Rashad Jennings.

Wondering if Jennings is a better play this week than Sproles?

Picked up Russell Wilson and dropped Greg Little for Braylon Edwards...

Eh....I dunno. Thing with Little is that Weedon has to throw to SOMEBODY, and Little should be at the top of that list. He might not be great, and I might only play him against weak matchups, but if someone is going to hit 1000 yards in the CLE WR group, it's going to be Little.

MJD is slated to be a third down back, I think that makes Ridley and Lynch the clear #1/#2 there this week. I drafted MJD knowing he wouldn't contribute for a few weeks. Then I look at receivers. Bryant vs. The Giants could be a tough match up, but he's going to be Romo sits to pee's #1 target this week, and he could rack up a ton of yards with Witten not playing. Brandon Marshall vs. Indy is almost a no brainer. But then I have Reggie Wayne vs. Chicago, Garcon vs. New Orleans to flesh out. I think Garcon is the clear choice for the FLEX spot (can be RB, WR or TE).

Ridley, Lynch RBs is good. MJD takes Ridley's spot week 2. I almost want to say just play MJD, since we should still see 8-10ish plays, and is a better back than Ridley. Ridley is in the pass happy NE O, so won't see much work. But it's probably a wash, honestly.

Bryant, Marshall, and Garcon in Flex sound good. Giants secondary is weak, Indy's is weak, and NO's is weak. Solid matchups and players all around.

Eh....I dunno. Thing with Little is that Weedon has to throw to SOMEBODY, and Little should be at the top of that list. He might not be great, and I might only play him against weak matchups, but if someone is going to hit 1000 yards in the CLE WR group, it's going to be Little.

True enough Dog. Just another CB gamble speciality :)

Archived