Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

My team drafted this afternoon:

QB - Brees (1), Dalton (11)

RB - McFadden (2), Peterson (3), Sproles (7), Gerhart (9), Royster (14)

WR - Brandon Marshall (4), Stevie Johnson (5), Meachum (8), Hankerson (13), Britt (15)

TE - Hernandez (6), Dickson (12)

DST - Denver (10), Minnesota (16)

K will be added with 1 of 2 free add/drops (my league has 2 "injured" roster spots).

Thoughts?

My team drafted this afternoon:

QB - Brees (1), Dalton (11)

RB - McFadden (2), Peterson (3), Sproles (7), Gerhart (9), Royster (14)

WR - Brandon Marshall (4), Stevie Johnson (5), Meachum (8), Hankerson (13), Britt (15)

TE - Hernandez (6), Dickson (12)

DST - Denver (10), Minnesota (16)

K will be added with 1 of 2 free add/drops (my league has 2 "injured" roster spots).

Thoughts?

RB could be a worry spot. You've got one RB coming off a torn ACL, one who can't stay healthy, one who is a predominately pass catching and 3rd down back, and one who is in a rotation with 2 or 3 other guys. Everything else looks real good though.

RB could be a worry spot. You've got one RB coming off a torn ACL, one who can't stay healthy, one who is a predominately pass catching and 3rd down back, and one who is in a rotation with 2 or 3 other guys. Everything else looks real good though.
I drafted Peterson with the expectation he will come on in the second half. And McFadden has too much potential to pass on. If e can stay healthy (huge if), he could easily be the highest scoring fantasy back. Wanted Foster, but he went #1 overall and I picked 7 out of 14.

I drafted Peterson with the expectation he will come on in the second half. And McFadden has too much potential to pass on. If e can stay healthy (huge if), he could easily be the highest scoring fantasy back. Wanted Foster, but he went #1 overall and I picked 7 out of 14.

Yeah, that's why I said could be. If everyone stays healthy, then you'll be fine.

In a14 man league your team is stacked I think. Good drafting. I like drafting in the middle rounds.

my 14 team non PPR team (I picked 13):

QB P Manning, Cutler

RB DeMarco Murray (I can't believe I drafted him), Michael Turner, Doug Martin

WR AJ Green, Bowe, Titus Young, Laurent Robinson

TE Sleepy Davis

D/ST JETS

K Bironas

Aside from drafting a Cowboy, I feel pretty good about this team....

my 14 team non PPR team (I picked 13):

QB P Manning, Cutler

RB DeMarco Murray (I can't believe I drafted him), Michael Turner, Doug Martin

WR AJ Green, Bowe, Titus Young, Laurent Robinson

TE Sleepy Davis

D/ST JETS

K Bironas

Aside from drafting a Cowboy, I feel pretty good about this team....

Pretty solid for a 14-teamer

Im in a 12 team PPR league and I pick 7th in a snake draft format (So I pick 6th in the second round 18th overall). I am so confused on the best approach from this spot.

I have done a few mocks and if Calvin Johnson is available I obviously grab him. In the second round I can grab a forte or similar back, in the third I find myself wanting to grab the QB.

If CJ isn't available I find myself grabbing Brady or Brees and then having a completely different set of problems in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I usually grab a RB in the 2nd again, but in the 3rd the WR's are thinning already and the top TE's are off the board.

Curious, in a 12 team PPR, do guys generally think you go:

Top tier QB, RB RB WR TE? or WR RB WR QB? Or something else?

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 11:28 AM ----------

Also, my league changed this year to allow TE's in the flex. How much would this change my strategy?

I think you need a RB for sure with one of your top 2 picks. RB depth thins out so quickly that you need to get at least 1 good one early. WR is super deep so you can wait a bit there, same with QB and even TE. So if you're picking 7th and Calvin is there, take him. If not, maybe get someone like CJ2K, McFadden, Murray, or Forte.

14 team keeper, non-ppr

Our keepers are due in a few days. Here are some of who I am keeping and then wondering about...

DeMarco Murray for a 6th

Cam Newton for a 7th

I can't decide on these guys...

Stevan Ridley for 5th

Darrius Heyward-Bey for 10th

By getting a RB2 and QB done with the 6th and 7th, I can focus on RB1,WR1, WR2 and TE1/RB3 for the first 5 picks.

Matt Fancy, Thanks so much bud!!

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 11:56 AM ----------

I think you need a RB for sure with one of your top 2 picks. RB depth thins out so quickly that you need to get at least 1 good one early. WR is super deep so you can wait a bit there, same with QB and even TE. So if you're picking 7th and Calvin is there, take him. If not, maybe get someone like CJ2K, McFadden, Murray, or Forte.

Would you take RB, RB - in 1st and 2nd? I tend to agree with you about how fast running back seems to deplete but I guess from my perspective is that a reason to pass on a top tier WR in the second round or a very strong QB in favor of taking a mid level running back at that spot. I am starting to lean toward taking a RB in the first round unless CJ is there as you have suggested - its a great point about how quickly it can get depleted but then I am wondering whether the rational starts to break down in the 2nd round because so much has been depleted by then - so maybe now I grab the QB? Or the WR?

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

Matt, one more thing - you think Forte at 7 overall isn't too high for him? I am wondering if I could pull of a Drew Brees/Tom Brady in the 1st, Matt Forte in the second deal. WR in the 3rd and maybe find jamaal charles, AP or some other nice RB coming off injury in the 4th (too far?)

10 team keeper league. We have 2 teams each. Keepers in bold:

Team 1

QB Brees, Fitzpatrick

RB Steven Jackson, McFadden, Helu, Donald Brown

WR Colston, Bowe, D. Jackson, Torry Smith

TE Fred Davis, Ed Dickson

K Gostkowski, Jason Hanson

Defense Buffalo, Atlanta

Taxi squad- Royster, Isiah Pead, Donald Driver, David Nelson

Team 2

QB P Manning, RG3

RB Gore, Ray Rice, Foster, Cedric Benson

WR Megatron, AJ Green, Welker, Michael Floyd

TE Witten, Gates

K Mason Crosby, B. Cundiff

Defense Pittsburgh, Washington

Taxi Squad- David Wilson, Ronnie Brown, Hankerson, Alshon Jeffrey

Matt Fancy, Thanks so much bud!!

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 11:56 AM ----------

Would you take RB, RB - in 1st and 2nd? I tend to agree with you about how fast running back seems to deplete but I guess from my perspective is that a reason to pass on a top tier WR in the second round or a very strong QB in favor of taking a mid level running back at that spot. I am starting to lean toward taking a RB in the first round unless CJ is there as you have suggested - its a great point about how quickly it can get depleted but then I am wondering whether the rational starts to break down in the 2nd round because so much has been depleted by then - so maybe now I grab the QB? Or the WR?

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

Matt, one more thing - you think Forte at 7 overall isn't too high for him? I am wondering if I could pull of a Drew Brees/Tom Brady in the 1st, Matt Forte in the second deal. WR in the 3rd and maybe find jamaal charles, AP or some other nice RB coming off injury in the 4th (too far?)

If there are 2 good RBs when you pick, I'd certainly go RB-RB. Having 2 top 10 RBs could be huge since the drop off at RB is so steep after the top 10 or so.

If you could get Brees/Brady and then Forte, I think I would go for that. But like I said, one of your 1st 2 picks should be a RB. WR is so deep that you can find a stud still in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Brandon Marshall for example seems to be going in the 3rd in most mocks.

I would be happy with that team in a 10 man league. But if you could havegotten DMC over Muray then you made a huge mistake!

I had DMC last year and I love him. I had a hard time with this pick. With a 14 team league RBs are really thin. I didn't want to have to replace him for his manditory 4-5 games. As much as I hate to say it, I think Murray will put up better numbers. Maybe not better points per game, but better in aggregate...

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 12:37 PM ----------

14 team keeper, non-ppr

Our keepers are due in a few days. Here are some of who I am keeping and then wondering about...

DeMarco Murray for a 6th

Cam Newton for a 7th

I can't decide on these guys...

Stevan Ridley for 5th

Darrius Heyward-Bey for 10th

By getting a RB2 and QB done with the 6th and 7th, I can focus on RB1,WR1, WR2 and TE1/RB3 for the first 5 picks.

if I had to pick...Ridley. But, I don't like either

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 12:39 PM ----------

Im in a 12 team PPR league and I pick 7th in a snake draft format (So I pick 6th in the second round 18th overall). I am so confused on the best approach from this spot.

I have done a few mocks and if Calvin Johnson is available I obviously grab him. In the second round I can grab a forte or similar back, in the third I find myself wanting to grab the QB.

If CJ isn't available I find myself grabbing Brady or Brees and then having a completely different set of problems in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I usually grab a RB in the 2nd again, but in the 3rd the WR's are thinning already and the top TE's are off the board.

Curious, in a 12 team PPR, do guys generally think you go:

Top tier QB, RB RB WR TE? or WR RB WR QB? Or something else?

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 11:28 AM ----------

Also, my league changed this year to allow TE's in the flex. How much would this change my strategy?

I think it really depends on scoring. If you get 6 points for passing TDs: Brady or Brees. PPR Calvin in the first and Forte in the second. Non PPR MJD or Run DMC in the first and Murray in the second

I had to Draft this weekend in one of my leagues, because conflicts with everyone in the league and this being the only free weekend. It's been two since we drafted and two of my players already got hurt in that timeframe, Austin collie, and Vincent Brown. I hate drafting so early...

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Collie has another concussion, he will be out for the rest of his career...

If RG3 is a boom or Peyton goes back to being himself, Team 2 should win that league with ease.

Peyton not being in is what lost me the league last year. I had the best roster and I drafted Schaub to replace Peyton, but then Matt got hurt and Fat Freeman was all that was left. Not getting points from the QB position scewed me last year.

Peyton not being in is what lost me the league last year. I had the best roster and I drafted Schaub to replace Peyton, but then Matt got hurt and Fat Freeman was all that was left. Not getting points from the QB position scewed me last year.

I had Peyton last year too,blah. But I also had Jamaal Charles go down early. Last season sucked and I still snuck into the playoffs, got booted in the first round but atleast I was there.

[/color]Matt, one more thing - you think Forte at 7 overall isn't too high for him? I am wondering if I could pull of a Drew Brees/Tom Brady in the 1st, Matt Forte in the second deal. WR in the 3rd and maybe find jamaal charles, AP or some other nice RB coming off injury in the 4th (too far?)

My 2c about forte...I love him. He was awesome when healthy. The Bears offense is going to be awesome. But they added Michael Bush--goallines maybe--and we all know about Marshall. I don't think he will put up the numbers he had before. If CJohnson is there, snag him. He is looking good again.

I had Peyton last year too,blah. But I also had Jamaal Charles go down early. Last season sucked and I still snuck into the playoffs, got booted in the first round but atleast I was there.

What's even weirder is, Team 1 with Brees actually won me the championship, but I was counting on Team 2 to win it.

In my keeper league, one of my keepers is DMC. I want to trade him for Chris Johnson. These are 2nd round-valued keepers, and we are two picks apart.

Would any of you do this? DMC scares me with injury, and I think CJ2k is primed for a better year than last...

Archived