Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

^^ Good point. I have had McFadden for the past two seasons and he's been both a blessing and a curse :ols:.

But, you're right. I could always pick up a Helu or Hardesty type back in later rounds and focus on QBs and WRs. I think I may go that route.

Thanks!

Wow thats a pretty sick lineup, had to be a 10 team league right? I enjoyed your insight on some sleepers too, def agree about Lance Moore. Who's Mathews' backup in SD? Definitely want to try and snag him as my 3rd or 4th RB.

It was a 12 man, but some were new and took some players way too high, giving me an advantage.

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 04:36 PM ----------

Alright so first trade question of the year: Would I be giving up too much if I offered Nicks and Locker for RG3 and Austin?

Nicks is likely to outproduce Austin, but he does have an injury history. RG3 is most likely to outproduce Locker. If Locker is your starter right now then yes, make that trade immediately. If RG3 will be the back up I'd still make the trade, BUT only if you are deep at WR.

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 04:37 PM ----------

I've had McFadden as a keeper since he entered the league. He was leading the NFL in rushing last year when he got hurt. I kept thinking, YES, this is finally the year. Then wham.

Raiders know how to run. Sucks Bush left since he was a great handcuff. Though I believe Taiwan Jones is the back up now, and if so he is worth a late round pick up as a handcuff.

Raiders know how to run. Sucks Bush left since he was a great handcuff. Though I believe Taiwan Jones is the back up now, and if so he is worth a late round pick up as a handcuff.

Your're right about Jones being the backup, but my gut says Mike Goodson will eventually be in that role. He was real effective here in Carolina when Stewart and Williams went down.

Good point pj, and that is a battle to keep attention to given McFadden's health situation. If he does stay healthy I agree with hunterx that he's a top 5 back.

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 05:26 PM ----------

Elka, good luck with Heyward-Bey. He somehow always ends up on one of my teams, and manages to piss me off nearly every week :ols:

He's only for depth and can be cut/is expendable, worth a late shot though.

For your keepers I definitely agree with Rice since odds are against you picking top 2 where you could get him otherwise.

McFadden is worth a mid-to-late first rounder, so i would ask for his 2nd rounder and the 3rd rounder, you give him a 12th, not complete bottom pick but close. Otherwise I'd stick with Mcfadden since at round 2 that is good value and you're RBs are set, which are a rare commodity now. Just draft Taiwan Jones later as insurance, or take Ryan Williams or Royster later one, or even draft a Gore or Redman as your flex since Gore is going 4th or 5th round right now and Redman 8th.

Would you keep Matt Ryan for an 8th round pick?

I would. That seems to be a fair pick to give up for him. I think he's going to have a huge year with White & Jones. You could let him go and he could go a round or 2 earlier, or he could go a round or 2 later, but that's if you're willing to take that risk.

I would. That seems to be a fair pick to give up for him. I think he's going to have a huge year with White & Jones. You could let him go and he could go a round or 2 earlier, or he could go a round or 2 later, but that's if you're willing to take that risk.

I already get Cruz for a 15th rounder. Top 3 rounds can't be kept so there will be big QBs on the board.

I already get Cruz for a 15th rounder. Top 3 rounds can't be kept so there will be big QBs on the board.

It all depends on how you feel Ryan will perform this year, and what other keeper options you have aside from Cruz. But like I stated earlier I think Ryan is poised for a breakout season with the weapons around him.

not sure who the fantasy football expert guest was on the junkies this morning, but, for petes sake, its a huge pet peeve when you hear an 'expert' get facts wrong.

he talked about garcon not being a good fantasy WR because he 'drops balls all the time'. i'm not sure, but he may have mentioned something about peyton being the reason for his success. at least thats what was implies when the junks talked about what he said after he left.

no mention of garcon having his best year without peyton and not dropping balls last year.

hes also a proponent of drafting your QB later while loading up on RB's early, fwiw. old school thinking, imo.

not sure who the fantasy football expert guest was on the junkies this morning, but, for petes sake, its a huge pet peeve when you hear an 'expert' get facts wrong.

he talked about garcon not being a good fantasy WR because he 'drops balls all the time'. i'm not sure, but he may have mentioned something about peyton being the reason for his success. at least thats what was implies when the junks talked about what he said after he left.

no mention of garcon having his best year without peyton and not dropping balls last year.

hes also a proponent of drafting your QB later while loading up on RB's early, fwiw. old school thinking, imo

As am I, but outside of Foster, McCoy, & Rice all other RBs are shaky at best, and I could only make a case for possibly Chris Johnson being a mid to late 1st round pick. McFadden, Mathews, AP, Charles, and Murray have injury/durability concerns. MJD has the holdout, Lynch could be suspended, and Forte will be solid, but he's not worth drafting in the 1st round IMO.

The league is becoming a passing league, and if you can get an elite QB, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees, I think all three of them are 1st round picks and people will even draft Newton & Stafford towards the end of the first round, even though I think that's a bit too high for both of them.

I think the best approach is to do BPA and if that best player is a QB like the ones I named then pull the trigger over a questionable RB, or if that player is WR Calvin Johnson I would take him over most RBs.

Only real sound advice I can give you is that you better have two RBs on your roster at the end of round 3. If you do not, you will gamble all year with them. And when I mean gamble, I mean you better pick all four skins backs and every handicap you can think of. Cause RB dries up faster than a slug in a salt mill.

Receiver is crazy deep this year, crazy.

Kenny Britt, Kenny Wright, Nate Washington, Jared Cook, Chris Johnson -- not sure the Redskins have more weapons than them. But I would take RG3 over Locker simply because he is starting and won't be benched this year, not to mention higher upside.

I will take Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, and Armstrong over pretty much most of the leagues receivers., let alone the Titans. And Jared Cook had 49rec 759yds and 3 TDs in 16 games. In only twelve games, Davis had 59/796/3.

But like you said, the biggest reason you take RG3 over Locker is because you know barring injuries he should play the whole season. I can;t say that for Jake Locker.

Only real sound advice I can give you is that you better have two RBs on your roster at the end of round 3. If you do not, you will gamble all year with them. And when I mean gamble, I mean you better pick all four skins backs and every handicap you can think of. Cause RB dries up faster than a slug in a salt mill.

Receiver is crazy deep this year, crazy.

This.

I have some fantasy football buddies who are lambasting me for sticking with the RB first approach (of course, if the BPA is a megatron or brady, I would *likely* take them).

I'm thinking, since WR depth is so deep and RB talent is thinner, wouldn't securing solid RBs first make the most sense so you're not rushing to replace Knowshon Moreno with Doug Martin?

I'd keep Ryan and take RG3 in the 4th or 5th, or even wait and take Schaub a bit later. That combined with Cruz as a 15th means you can spend the top of the draft focused on RBs since they are the rarest now, and having Cruz means you can hit TE early since WRs are a lot more common this year.

My serious league this is the first year we are doing keepers, so you can keep at any round, but any one undrafted or taken below 10 counts as 10. It's ppr and return yards count a bit too. My guys are Jordy Nelson, 9th, and Antonio Brown 10th, I'm pretty happy with that.

This.

I have some fantasy football buddies who are lambasting me for sticking with the RB first approach (of course, if the BPA is a megatron or brady, I would *likely* take them).

I'm thinking, since WR depth is so deep and RB talent is thinner, wouldn't securing solid RBs first make the most sense so you're not rushing to replace Knowshon Moreno with Doug Martin?

I think 2 RBs is important to have early. Most of my mocks I've been doing I've tried getting RBs right away, then go QB in 3rd, and the go WR with the next 3.

Depending on pick, you can end up with Ray Rice, Jamal Charles, Stafford/Newton. I'd take that 3 any day.

Archived