Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

As am I, but outside of Foster, McCoy, & Rice all other RBs are shaky at best, and I could only make a case for possibly Chris Johnson being a mid to late 1st round pick. McFadden, Mathews, AP, Charles, and Murray have injury/durability concerns. MJD has the holdout, Lynch could be suspended, and Forte will be solid, but he's not worth drafting in the 1st round IMO.

The league is becoming a passing league, and if you can get an elite QB, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees, I think all three of them are 1st round picks and people will even draft Newton & Stafford towards the end of the first round, even though I think that's a bit too high for both of them.

I think the best approach is to do BPA and if that best player is a QB like the ones I named then pull the trigger over a questionable RB, or if that player is WR Calvin Johnson I would take him over most RBs.

That's all true, but the drop off from Rodgers to the next tier with Manning, Stafford, Newton. is not as bad as the drop off with RBs. As you say, the others in top 10 after Rice, McCoy, Foster have concerns. heck, Foster is an injury concern as well.

Because this is becoming more and more of a passing league quality RBs are rare, and you have to start 2 of them, whereas you only start 1 QB. So RBs have a much greater value. I'd take AP first and Steven Jackson 2nd all day long, and then take a 3rd tier QB like RG3, Phillip Rivers, Peyton a few rounds later before I'd take Brees first and have Jackson or Turner as my first RB and then a big old ? as the 2nd RB and basically crap for depth at RB.

That's all true, but the drop off from Rodgers to the next tier with Manning, Stafford, Newton. is not as bad as the drop off with RBs. As you say, the others in top 10 after Rice, McCoy, Foster have concerns. heck, Foster is an injury concern as well.

Because this is becoming more and more of a passing league quality RBs are rare, and you have to start 2 of them, whereas you only start 1 QB. So RBs have a much greater value. I'd take AP first and Steven Jackson 2nd all day long, and then take a 3rd tier QB like RG3, Phillip Rivers, Peyton a few rounds later before I'd take Brees first and have Jackson or Turner as my first RB and then a big old ? as the 2nd RB and basically crap for depth at RB.

Now let me ask you what would you do in my scenario. My draft is in 10 days and it's a 10-team keeper league (1 keeper for 2 years max), and my keeper is RB McCoy. The other keepers that I know of right now are:

RB Chris Johnson

RB Ray Rice

RB Adrian Peterson

RB Jamaal Charles or Demarco Murray

RB Darren McFadden or Fred Jackson

QB Aaron Rodgers

QB Drew Brees

WR Calvin Johnson

TE Jimmy Graham

Now I have the #3 pick in the draft, and I know the 1st pick is going to be Cam Newton, #2 is going to be Arian Foster. Do I go with a RB like Lynch, Forte, or even McFadden (if not kept) or do I go with Brady and then hope a guy like Mathews, S. Jackson falls to me at #18?

See Matt I can make the case for McFadden because of his potential, but I'm having trouble taking Forte over Brady especially with Bush, Marshall, & Jeffrey in Chicago. That offense now has weapons for Cutler to use. And if I were to go with McFadden or Forte I would then go either WR, WR or WR, TE and then wait until the 6th or 7th to draft Matt Ryan.

And S.T.r,l,o if I don't take Brady at #3, he'll be taken at #4.

See Matt I can make the case for McFadden because of his potential, but I'm having trouble taking Forte over Brady especially with Bush, Marshall, & Jeffrey in Chicago. That offense now has weapons for Cutler to use.

I guess it depends what other QBs are being kept. I mean if you have McCoy and McFadden/Forte, you're set at RB. That's pretty much 2 top 5-10 RBs there. Sure Brady is nice, but RBs are slim picking past the top 5-10, so having 2 of them would give you a huge advantage over everyone else. You could still get a QB like Stafford, Cam, Vick, Eli, Rivers, or Ryan and be fine.

See Matt I can make the case for McFadden because of his potential, but I'm having trouble taking Forte over Brady especially with Bush, Marshall, & Jeffrey in Chicago. That offense now has weapons for Cutler to use. And if I were to go with McFadden or Forte I would then go either WR, WR or WR, TE and then wait until the 6th or 7th to draft Matt Ryan.

Yea, i think Brady is ranked (depending where you look) top 5-9, and is the second overall QB. Yes, i agree you can grab a QB late and usually do ok with him...and i like McFadden also but he is always hurt.

I think with the added weapons Brady has and the fact NE has the "easiest" sched he has a good chance of putting up more points than Rodgers. But we will see. :)

I guess it depends what other QBs are being kept. I mean if you have McCoy and McFadden/Forte, you're set at RB. That's pretty much 2 top 5-10 RBs there. Sure Brady is nice, but RBs are slim picking past the top 5-10, so having 2 of them would give you a huge advantage over everyone else. You could still get a QB like Stafford, Cam, Vick, Eli, Rivers, or Ryan and be fine.

Only 2 QBs being kept are Brees and Rodgers, with Cam being drafted #1. I have a gut feeling that McFadden will be kept because the only other option the guy has to keep is Fred Jackson and I just don't see that happening.

I understand where you're coming from with the 2 RBs, and usually that's what I do, I had Foster & McCoy last year, and was looking at Mathews @ #3 until he got hurt, and I just don't see Forte putting up top 5 numbers this year and I don't trust Seattle's rushing game with Lynch and who knows if he's going to be suspended.

IMO I think the combo of McCoy, Brady, & either Mathews or S. Jackson > McCoy, Forte, & a QB like Ryan.

The vast majority of your fellow league mates must be idiots. Unless someone else walked away with a similar draft you should walk away with the championship. Rice was good value at #4 (usually top 3 but Ball park), Good value with Wallace and Brown too, but Forte, Nicks, and Stewart were complete steals, There is no way you should have ended up with all that receiver and RB talent to go with a good TE and a decent QB.

[quote name=MattFancy;908630

I did a draft yesterday and here are the results:

I had the #4 pick in a 12-team PPR

1. Rice

2. Forte

3. Jennings

4. Harvin

5. Nicks

6. Wallace

7. Cutler

8. JStewart

9. Tony Gonzalez

10. Titus Young

11. Donald Brown

12. Greg Little

13. Hillis

14. Locker

15. Seattle

16. Lance Kendricks

17. Kaeding

So my starting lineup is:

QB--Cutler

RB--Rice' date=' Forte

WR--Jennings, Nicks, Harvin

W/R/T--Wallace

TE--Gonzalez[/quote]

I'm in a keeper league with McCoy as my keeper and I have the #3 pick in the draft in 2 weeks. I was looking at drafting Mathews at #3 before he broke his collarbone, so now who should I draft between Darren McFadden, Matt Forte, or Tom Brady?

I'm leaning towards either McFadden or Forte because I can find a solid QB in the later rounds and would rather have 2 great RBs when some owners will have 0 great RBs. Any opinions?

Forte going away if it is a PPR, Forte slightly if it is more conventional scoring. Either way go with Forte.

If you think you can get Mathews in the 3rd, then sure go for Brady.

I'm hoping his injury scares people away, that or I would be looking for someone like S. Jackson, MJD (if he were to fall that far), Turner, or even a guy like Sproles (who's very undervalued IMO).

I'm hoping his injury scares people away, that or I would be looking for someone like S. Jackson, MJD (if he were to fall that far), Turner, or even a guy like Sproles (who's very undervalued IMO).

If its PPR I'd stay away from Turner. In order this is what I would do:

McFadden

Forte

Brady

MJD

Mathews

quick question. i'm in a 16 team ppr league.

i can keep gronkowski as a 4th rd pick. assuming there is no way he can repeat last year, is it worth keeping a t.e. in the 4th round even if he is the best?

If its PPR I'd stay away from Turner. In order this is what I would do:

McFadden

Forte

Brady

MJD

Mathews

Just .1 for a reception. Turner is a last resort type of thing, and if McFadden is available I think I'll be taking him at #3, if not Brady it is.

the only other option would be dalton (qb) in the 9th. (of course i don't have to keep anyone if i choose not to)

I think Gronk for a 4th rounder is fine. He's going in the mid-to-late 2nd, early 3rd round. Even if he doesn't repeat the numbers he had last year, he'll still be a top 3 TE.

Just did a 10-team auction draft last night. Only the 2nd time I've ever done an auction so still trying to work out the kinks.

QBs--Stafford (35), Romo sits to pee (9)

RBs--McCoy (50), Forte (32), Spiller (8), Hillman (1)

WRs--Thomas (20), Harvin (16), Young (7), Holmes (4), DMoore (1), LMoore (1)

TEs--Hernandez (12), Fleener (1)

K--Bryant (1)

DEF--Pats (1), Lions (1)

So my lineup is:

QB--Stafford

RB--McCoy/Forte

WR--Thomas/Harvin/Holmes/

TE--Hernandez

Flex--Young/Spiller

PPR league, 6pts per passing TD

I think Gronk for a 4th rounder is fine. He's going in the mid-to-late 2nd, early 3rd round. Even if he doesn't repeat the numbers he had last year, he'll still be a top 3 TE.

a 16 team league...Gronk will definitely go in the second round if not first. I have seen him gone in some mock drafts at 12...

I'm in a 14 team keeper league and I'm deciding between Mike Wallace or Jay Cutler and I have the #2 pick in the draft. I expect Drew Brees to be available and my original plan was to keep Wallace & take Brees with my first pick.

Thoughts??

Nobody is keeping Brees?

Archived