Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Nobody is keeping Brees?

I should have explained that better. In our league you can franchise one player from the previous years roster. However, that player cannot be franchised twice. In this case, Brees was franchised last year, therefore he is available to be drafted.

I should have explained that better. In our league you can franchise one player from the previous years roster. However, that player cannot be franchised twice. In this case, Brees was franchised last year, therefore he is available to be drafted.

Gotcha.

Taking Brees w/ Wallace wouldn't be a mad move at all, IMO. However, I like taking risks, and I think Cutler is going to have a very strong season this year...lots of weapons to throw to. Since elite RB depth is so prized, I would make the case to use your #2 to get a Ray Rice, Arian Foster, etc. type of back and hang onto Cutler.

Gotcha.

Taking Brees w/ Wallace wouldn't be a mad move at all, IMO. However, I like taking risks, and I think Cutler is going to have a very strong season this year...lots of weapons to throw to. Since elite RB depth is so prized, I would make the case to use your #2 to get a Ray Rice, Arian Foster, etc. type of back and hang onto Cutler.

Thanks!

I know what most of you are going to say since this is a skins message board but who do you all think will have more fantasy points this year. RG3 of Flacco. I made a bet with a friend last night that RG3 would and I was drunk but I still think I made the right bet. What say you guys?

12 Team PPR

Brees/Flacco

Fitz/Desean Jackson/Garcon/S.Holmes/Titus Young/Bess

Turner/S.Jax/Ridley/Redman

Davis

Scobee

NYG D

Not a fan of this team really, especially for a PPR league.

Brees & Fitz are elite of course, Davis is solid, and S. Jackson is solid, but aging. DeSean & Turner are horrible for PPR leagues. DeSean relies way too much on the deep ball and Turner has never been a 3rd down back that catches the ball. I don't trust Ridley or any NE RB, and hopefully Redman's knee injury isn't too severe. IMO you don't have a true #1 RB, and that's going to hurt you.

I think Garcon could be a sleeper, but we'll see how well he and RGIII continue to develop their report. Young could be sneaky as well, Bess is solid #3 WR for PPR, but Holmes is a waste because the Jets offense.

I know what most of you are going to say since this is a skins message board but who do you all think will have more fantasy points this year. RG3 of Flacco. I made a bet with a friend last night that RG3 would and I was drunk but I still think I made the right bet. What say you guys?

I'd say RG3. Flacco is a good NFL QB, not so much for fantasy.

Not a fan of this team really, especially for a PPR league.

Brees & Fitz are elite of course, Davis is solid, and S. Jackson is solid, but aging. DeSean & Turner are horrible for PPR leagues. DeSean relies way too much on the deep ball and Turner has never been a 3rd down back that catches the ball. I don't trust Ridley or any NE RB, and hopefully Redman's knee injury isn't too severe. IMO you don't have a true #1 RB, and that's going to hurt you.

I think Garcon could be a sleeper, but we'll see how well he and RGIII continue to develop their report. Young could be sneaky as well, Bess is solid #3 WR for PPR, but Holmes is a waste because the Jets offense.

Well, it was a mock draft. I take different angles every time I draft. When I do my real draft, I'm def taking a RB in R1 or 2. I could turn this team into a playoff team though.

First team. 1st pick and I went with Calvin Johnson with the 1st pick because he is by far the greatest WR in football.

QB: Jay Cutler, Jake Locker

RB: Steven Jackson, Shawn Greene, Darren Sproles, Rashhard Mendenhall

WR: Calvin Johnson, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Santana Moss, Malcom Floyd

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Jason Hanson

DEF: Phili, Pitt

Team #2. 2nd pick in the draft

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Fred Jackson, Shawn Greene, Issac Redman, Roy Hulu Jr., Evan Royster, Stevan Ridley

WR: Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Dwane Bowe, Eric Decker

TE: Brandon Pettigrew

K: Garrett Hartley

DEF: NYG

Which team is better??????

Team 2 by far to me

I don't know about that. Team 1 WRs are a beast. Cutler is going to have a good season if healthy. Steven Jackson is going to get his and you know Brees is going to find a way to get the ball to Graham and Sproles. Greene is going to get the ball in NY and when Mendenhall (if he isn't already back) comes back, he is going to get the ball as well.

I don't know about that. Team 1 WRs are a beast. Cutler is going to have a good season if healthy. Steven Jackson is going to get his and you know Brees is going to find a way to get the ball to Graham and Sproles. Greene is going to get the ball in NY and when Mendenhall (if he isn't already back) comes back, he is going to get the ball as well.

Fred Jackson was a top 5 RB when healthy, better than Jax. Team 2 WR are beast. I love Decker this year too. I take team 2 every day in the leagues I'm in and how they are set up.

Fred Jackson was a top 5 RB when healthy, better than Jax. Team 2 WR are beast. I love Decker this year too. I take team 2 every day in the leagues I'm in and how they are set up.

I just think that Team 1 would put up more points than Team 2. And I wouldn't say that Team 2 WR unit is a beast. They are good, but Team 1... :no:

12 Team PPR

Brees/Flacco

Fitz/Desean Jackson/Garcon/S.Holmes/Titus Young/Bess

Turner/S.Jax/Ridley/Redman

Davis

Scobee

NYG D

I'd pick up Mendenhall to handcuff Redman since he got hurt. I like the 3 WRs overall, though Desean is Jekyl and Hide, but Holmes is a good back up and I like Titus for depth. If Nate Washington is available I'd take him over Bess, maybe even James Jones of GB if he's available. Keep an eye on Ridely, he could win the starting job. Overall not a bad squad at all and if Garcon and Davis have good seasons then your team is definitely making playoffs.

---------- Post added August-18th-2012 at 02:00 AM ----------

I just think that Team 1 would put up more points than Team 2. And I wouldn't say that Team 2 WR unit is a beast. They are good, but Team 1... :no:

Agreed. Team 1 is beast. If it's a PPR then it's easily team 1 because of Sproles. Plus Mendenhall seems to be making a comeback so that's 3 legit backs and a decent one in Greene.First 3 WRs should all get theirs and the TE and kicker are great picks, and the D is good too.

Team 2 has an iffy TE, a kicker who not win the position battle, and doesn't have a solid RB. Fred jackson is good, but I wouldn;t want him as my first back. RBs are very rare this year and you have to start 2 of them. The WRs look ridiculous, Bowe is solid but iffy cuz of KC, but real good as your 3rd WR, Nicks is good but can't put in a full season. The only really significant advantage team 2 has over 1 is the QB, and I don;t think there will be a wide enough gap in production between Rodgers and Cutler to justify passing up team 1 which is almost as good at WR, much better at TE, guaranteed at kicker, and much, much better at RB, a rarer commodity and a spot that needs 2 starters at least.

I mean, in my league our QBs get 6 points. At first I thought it was a no brainer to keep Brees over Rice. Those were the points from last year

You can't compare QB points to RB points. What you want to do is look at RB points and see the difference between Rice, McCoy, Foster, & MJD last season compared to the next tier. The difference between an elite RB and a good one is a bit larger than the difference between an elite QB and a good one.

Just finished 12 team qb gets 6 per touchdown, had the sixth pick.

QB: Philip rivers, Sam Bradford

RB: Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, c.J. Spiller, Stevan Ridley

WR: Calvin Johnson, victor Cruz, dev Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Greg little, Brian quick

TE: jermaine Grisham

K: rob bironas

D: Philly

Thoughts?

Are Stevan Ridley and Doug Martin worth keeping around or should I be looking to unload them?

Keep an eye on them in preseason. If Ridely wins the starting job he is worth keeping. If not, see if Blount is available or grab whichever Redskins RB winds up winning the starting job. Martin is worth holding on to since it looks like he'll be starting, but right now it's a big gamble if he's your every week starting RB.

Keep an eye on them in preseason. If Ridely wins the starting job he is worth keeping. If not, see if Blount is available or grab whichever Redskins RB winds up winning the starting job. Martin is worth holding on to since it looks like he'll be starting, but right now it's a big gamble if he's your every week starting RB.

I'm sorry I meant david wilson not Doug Martin. For some reason I keep mixing their names up.

I'm sorry I meant david wilson not Doug Martin. For some reason I keep mixing their names up.

Definitely hold onto David Wilson. Bradshaw just injured his hand and has injury problems in the past. IMO I wouldn't want a Patriots RB because Belichick is almost as infuriating as Shanahan is when it comes to fantasy RBs. Also, DO NOT pick up any Redskins RB unless you want an aneurysm. The Skins will have at least 3 different RBs who start this year and it will change every week, it's not worth the headache.

I would say hold onto Ridley for now unless you have a better RB or WR you can pick up. I know Ridley recently injured his knee in practice on Thursday and of course the Pats haven't released how severe the injury is.

Looks like the guy in front of me may take Brady at #3. Leaves me with an interesting choice if he does that. I have Julio as a keeper, plus DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy. Do I take Calvin Johnson anyway and just have a ridiculous WR corps, or take Brees.

No wrong answer. I keep going back and forth. Might just be a gametime decision about how I feel at that moment.

Archived