Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

There was mention buried in an earlier thread that PFT said Moss/Helu and a 4th rounder to Raiders forTyvon Branch?. But again it was PFT so I didnt put much faith in it.

Not buying that one. So far Garćon and Banks have been the only other stand outs. Moss would be a dinosaur in Raider's WR corp. They just drafted like two more WR. Helu is looking like the starter thus far. Hate to see him leave but Cooley I'd believe.

Wait... We'd trade... Santana Moss... And Roy Helu... For Tyvon Branch? And people are buying that? Last I checked, Bruce Allen never gets fleeced in trades. Branch is good, but he comes with a salary... 4 years, 26 mil with $17 mil guaranteed.

It's just trade smoke.

No thanks!! I'll keep IMO our starting RB in Helu, and our trimmed and hungry Moss, who could end up having a huge year. Remember what happened in Carolina last year when steve smith got a QB that could get him the ball...... Im hoping Moss can do something similar, plus he is the hands down leader on the WR group......... Again NO THANKS!!

No thanks!! I'll keep IMO our starting RB in Helu, and our trimmed and hungry Moss, who could end up having a huge year. Remember what happened in Carolina last year when steve smith got a QB that could get him the ball...... Im hoping Moss can do something similar, plus he is the hands down leader on the WR group......... Again NO THANKS!!

yeh that trade really didn't make much sense, but Im still wondering what it could be about though

The Raiders just traded away a young 3 year vet with potential in Louis Murphy. They have 12 WRs on the roster. Weird.

Except that they could use a vet at the position, but it would be odd to trade for a "decling" vet, approaching his mid thirties, coming off his worst year,with a high(ish) cap number.

I bet it's Cooley for a late round pick.

Sounds more realistic. I really doubt they do Moss for Branch. Raiders would be giving up too much there unless we toss in a good draft pick. I'm sure they would like to have Helu, especially with how injury prone McFadden is, but I don't think Shanahan wants to be that thin at RB.

With D Mac and Mike Goodson already in the fold, the Raiders interest in Helu doesn't really make sense. Typical PFT conjecture with no sources.

They have been interested in Cedric Benson also. But they just traded Louis Murphy to the Panthers, so maybe our glut at WR has them interested in someone. Maybe Armstrong or Austin for a future.

We can't offer them an OT, since we're both a little suspect at OT. We're not giving up Trent Williams, and I doubt they want Jammal Brown. And we don't want to trade an OT since we really need depth there.

Them trading us an OT for Cooley obviously, not the other way around. With JB's health yet again suspect, we're in danger there. Raiders have Barnes/Barksdale battling for starting RT and based upon what they have seen thus far, maybe they are ready to part with the loser of that competition....

Yeah, not ready to give up on Moss yet, I know he is long in the tooth but he has never got to play in the slot or have a QB that can extend a play that will allow him to ad lib a little bit and get some space. Getting rid of Helu would be nuts. We are getting younger and adding depth, this would go against everything they have been doing right for the past 18 months.

Moss has played out of the slot quite a bit the past two seasons. Last season alone he saw 48 targets out of the slot despite missing time.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/23/shaping-the-slot/

Archived