Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

I've read so much on they Cooley front by ES'ers over the past year, but refuted commenting really. And this thread, even though its about TC, there is a lot of talk of him. this went from BA mentioning a POSSIBLE trade to POSSIBLY Cooley. There are so many other trade chips on the skins, than Cooley.

But why I think it would be dumb to trade Cooley is it would a a piece that is not a starter. Cooley's production, even if he plays #2 to Freddy, would give you more production than mostly anything that comes back for him.

Another thought is, God forbid Fred is out for an extended time. Then your starter is someone who's never played the positioni before, and never saw significant time at WR. Your #2 is a player is a career backup who's came in in a pinch before, but never did anything to stand out, and no one outside of Redskins fanbase knows Logan Paulsen.

Scott Hanson ‏@ScottHanson

Arriving @redskins camp. Practice at 3pm ET. We will have it for you on @nflnetwork - Check out @RGIII ... Where ya at, Skins fans?!?

Retweeted by c4man5282

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 01:48 PM ----------

This sucks. I can't watch because I'm in Florida and brighthouse doesn't have NFL network

It looks like alot of ppl here are for trading Cooley..... I am not!!! I do not see us getting something for him that could bring in more production than he would. He is a leader and a fan favorite. He has been a die hard redskin through the bad and the worse. If he is healthy let him enjoy some success here now that our team is clearly going in the right direction. I want to see Cooley retire a redskin. Even if he is the 3rd stringer, he will be the best 3rd string TE in the league. Trading him for a 6th or a 7th rounder or something of this nature sounds ridiculous!!!

It looks like alot of ppl here are for trading Cooley..... I am not!!! I do not see us getting something for him that could bring in more production than he would. He is a leader and a fan favorite. He has been a die hard redskin through the bad and the worse. If he is healthy let him enjoy some success here now that our team is clearly going in the right direction. I want to see Cooley retire a redskin. Even if he is the 3rd stringer, he will be the best 3rd string TE in the league. Trading him for a 6th or a 7th rounder or something of this nature sounds ridiculous!!!

Cooley's my favorite 'Skin too man. And I'd like NOTHING better than for him to retire here a one club man.

But you CAN'T have sentiment in football. One of the major factors in being a great coach is knowing when to make the right decisions at the right times, however tough they may be. And knowing just when to cut ties with a loved vet who's no longer able to give you what you require through age and injury is a major one of those factors. By all accounts, from numerous reports from the guys that follow this team up close on a daily basis, the brass have had serious concerns on just what Chris can give now in this offense. And with them transitioning Paul, to go with Davis and/ or Paulsen/ a big blocking TE we may pick up as cuts roll; if they've decided that's a better option than keeping a much loved vet around just because; but one who limits what they want to run as this offense expands and explodes with the infusion of youthful speed; then so be it.

You can't have room for sentiment in pro ball. When you do that, your on a slippery slope.

Hail.

I think its more cost of him being that 3rd stringer. If Cooley goes to the Raiders he probably will be their #1 TE. And I don't think the raider has any decent TEs.

I also have a feeling it will not be for picks, it probably will be a player

I really don't care if Cooley stays or goes. I just want guys on the roster who can contribute. If the Skins feel like they need to move in another direction from #47, there is probabaly good reason for doing so. If he stays...he stays.

I have ZERO attachment to him. I want guys in here who will help turn the culture of the franchise around. If he's part of that plan, fine. If not, no tears from me.

*edit*

If he's a 3rd stringer...that's too much money tied into a guy like him who would only see spot duty on the field.

This board would go nuts if it was Cooley

The board would shut DOWN if it was for HELU.

Wait... We'd trade... Santana Moss... And Roy Helu... For Tyvon Branch? And people are buying that? Last I checked, Bruce Allen never gets fleeced in trades. Branch is good, but he comes with a salary... 4 years, 26 mil with $17 mil guaranteed.

It's just trade smoke.

Agreed. And also, how often in the past 3 years have the rumors been true? Way more often than not whatever is leaked as rumor is the OPPOSITE of what we're actually doing because Bruce & Mike are PROFESSIONAL football people who play their cards close to the vest. Curious what the smoke may be for, however.

Cooley's my favorite 'Skin too man. And I'd like NOTHING better than for him to retire here a one club man.

But you CAN'T have sentiment in football. One of the major factors in being a great coach is knowing when to make the right decisions at the right times, however tough they may be. And knowing just when to cut ties with a loved vet who's no longer able to give you what you require through age and injury is a major one of those factors. By all accounts, from numerous reports from the guys that follow this team up close on a daily basis, the brass have had serious concerns on just what Chris can give now in this offense. And with them transitioning Paul, to go with Davis and/ or Paulsen/ a big blocking TE we may pick up as cuts roll; if they've decided that's a better option than keeping a much loved vet around just because; but one who limits what they want to run as this offense expands and explodes with the infusion of youthful speed; then so be it.

You can't have room for sentiment in pro ball. When you do that, your on a slippery slope.

Hail.

...and with that, GHH kicked three puppies, told a six-year-old that Santa isn't real, and walked off stage.

:pfft:

Archived