Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

May I point you in the direction of a washed up Carson Hilton Palmer Esq ..... acquired at a ridiculous, over priced cost by the son of Al. Who coincidentally is the owner of the Oakland Raiders.

Crazy Al's legacy as alive and kicking on the West Coast.

Hail.

I addressed this but that trade wasn't manufactured by Mark Davis it was 100% Hue Jackson. Coincidentally he is no longer with the team. It was Mark Davis that went out and hired McKenzie to reclaim that franchise into legitimacy.

Did you guys hear?

I heard the trade was Nevin McCaskill, Beau Reliford and Rex Grossman for Andre Johnson and Arian Foster, plus a 3rd rounder. Take it as a grain of salt...

;)

I don't believe this. There's no chance we'd throw Reliford into a trade like this...

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Great stuff. RT @ChrisWesseling Talked Ingram, the Chris Johnson "leap of faith," Helu & much more in today's mailbag: http://bit.ly/Mux0IH

@Joey_Mitch: “Fred Davis, best tight end no one is talking about in an offense about to improve significantly? What kind of talent is Helu?”

Yes. Davis’ 66.3 yards per game last season were behind only Rob Gronkowski’s 82.9 and Jimmy Graham’s 81.9 among tight ends. Davis had 8-of-12 games over 50 yards whereas Jason Witten managed just 8-of-16 over the half-century mark. I do expect immediate improvement with Robert Griffin III injecting life into the Redskins this season.

Helu doesn’t have much in the way of lateral agility, but his impressive size/speed ratio, short-area burst, decisive cuts and above-average hands still make him an ideal fit for the Shanahans’ zone-blocking scheme. What’s difficult to gauge about his fantasy value is that his floor-to-ceiling range is perhaps wider than any top-40 back in the league.

If he stays healthy (a big “if”) and manages to become entrenched as a true workhorse back (an even bigger “if”), Helu has the potential to lead the NFL in rushing in this ground attack. On the other hand, he could spend the season wallowing in the fantasy mud as a change-of-pace back with an occasional breakout game wasted on your bench. I believe Helu can carve out a 4-5 year window of fantasy success, but durability concerns and the whims of Shanahan have me questioning his stability in Dynasty leagues.

I addressed this but that trade wasn't manufactured by Mark Davis it was 100% Hue Jackson. Coincidentally he is no longer with the team. It was Mark Davis that went out and hired McKenzie to reclaim that franchise into legitimacy.

Mark Davis still signed off on it. And he signed off on it knowing Jackson's time was coming to an end, and after the organization had already spent a 3rd and 4th rounder in the past draft on two QB's. To then go throw away their first and a conditional second next year, which could end up a first, was complete lunacy.

Let's not pretend otherwise, or that a Davis lead Oakland Raiders has changed it's MO until consistently proven otherwise.

Hail.

According to undisclosed sources who will remain nameless the Redskins just traded Gunther Palos and Dominic Pizza, redskins grounds keepers for the Raiders 2nd string water boy. This is confidential so please do not pass it on people.

Dare I say it???.......CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Al Davis was the one that didnt mind overpaying. Seeing as he is dead and the entire front office has been rebuilt these comments no longer have any basis in reality. If we're gonna play the card that overspending on free agents was a pre-Shanahan/Allen thing we can't turn around and make the same baseless criticisms of another team that has undergone a dramatic change in hierarchy.
Team is still run by his son. You know what they say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Plus like it was mentioned earlier the horrible Carson Palmer trade happened after Al died.

I am not saying trading for Carson was bad when you got Jason Candle as your starter. Just paying that much for someone who hadnt played a lick in a year and was about to get released anyway is what I question.

Why Jason "Candle" you might rightfully ask???

Cause he blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws.

It looks like alot of ppl here are for trading Cooley..... I am not!!! I do not see us getting something for him that could bring in more production than he would. He is a leader and a fan favorite. He has been a die hard redskin through the bad and the worse. If he is healthy let him enjoy some success here now that our team is clearly going in the right direction. I want to see Cooley retire a redskin. Even if he is the 3rd stringer, he will be the best 3rd string TE in the league. Trading him for a 6th or a 7th rounder or something of this nature sounds ridiculous!!!

1.Cooley is not a leader.

2.His most productive years are behind him.

It looks like alot of ppl here are for trading Cooley..... I am not!!! I do not see us getting something for him that could bring in more production than he would. He is a leader and a fan favorite. He has been a die hard redskin through the bad and the worse. If he is healthy let him enjoy some success here now that our team is clearly going in the right direction. I want to see Cooley retire a redskin. Even if he is the 3rd stringer, he will be the best 3rd string TE in the league. Trading him for a 6th or a 7th rounder or something of this nature sounds ridiculous!!!

He will certainly be the HIGHEST PAID 3rd string TE in the history of the NFL. I hope he freaking can do flips while cheering on the sidelines for that money.

The Insider ‏@Insider

Tanard Jackson must wait a few more days to start practicing: Safety Tanard Jackson said Monday he has been clea... http://wapo.st/Pechbf

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

No Tanard Jackson, Kory Lichtensteiger or Jonathan Goff for #Redskins

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Left guard Kory Lichtensteiger is not on the field to start today's practice. He was held out of Saturday's session as well. #Redskins

Redskins ‏@Redskins During passing drills, QB's throwing fade passes to back corner of the end zone. WR Joshua Morgan makes impressive one-handed catch for fans

You can say that twice .... the other thing is as TK mentioned earlier tweet Cooley has ZERO trade value - unless that was a usual TK cryptic clue and we are getting some coke zero for cooley ... yeah i like coke zero ... but then i also like cooley ... now which one is better ....

Archived