Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Bruce Allen also tells @FOX5Ross on @ESPNRadio980 that #Redskins will bring in some free agents to work out today. Doesn't name them.

5h Chris Russell Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Bruce Allen says on Jonathan Goff, on @ESPNRadio980 "it doesnt look good for him right now."

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Bruce Allen makes a mistake & calls this area, "Raider Nation" back to his days there, also says he was talking to them about a trade today.

Um...any idea who we were hoping to get/trade away?

There was mention buried in an earlier thread that PFT said Moss/Helu and a 4th rounder to Raiders forTyvon Branch?. But again it was PFT so I didnt put much faith in it.

If we get rid of a back like Helu then I feel like our RB depth might be thin. Who knows about Hightower. I like Royster but that may be little too much risk.

Just read a little about Branch seems like a good player, but giving up Helu? I don't know about that one

This board would go nuts if it was Cooley

I have loved, and still loveCooleyas a Redskin, even though I feel he has been boarderline knucleheaded at times during his career.

I would be estatic if we got any kind of value for him in a trade.

The writing is on the wall.

With Fred, Niles and heck even Logan P in the wings, a player of CC's caliber and $$ is simply wasted space.

I have loved, and still loveCooleyas a Redskin, even though I feel he has been boarderline knucleheaded at times during his career.

I would be estatic if we got any kind of value for him in a trade.

The writing is on the wall.

With Fred, Niles and heck even Logan P in the wings, a player of CC's caliber and $$ is simply wasted space.

Im hoping for the same, if we can get some type of value. Iv liked Cooley over the years, but I think we should of traded him awhile ago. I don't know whats going on right now too much speculation, just want to hear the news

There was mention buried in an earlier thread that PFT said Moss/Helu and a 4th rounder to Raiders forTyvon Branch?. But again it was PFT so I didnt put much faith in it.

I hope you're right. Branch is a very nice player but I would actually be very upset with this trade. Helu, in my opinion, is an absolute stud, especially in our system and he has such a good head on his shoulders. Moss has been the talk of the town (next to that one quarterback) and I would be shocked if he didn't have a great year and at the very least play out his contract for us next year as well. I just don't think that's a very good trade for us.

Cap number next year is $10.9 million and Raiders would like to cut it down next year as Branch has 4 year contract at $24.5 million and $17.5 guaranteed.

Cap this year is only $2.4 million.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

Branch would give us a good kick returner.

Yeah, not ready to give up on Moss yet, I know he is long in the tooth but he has never got to play in the slot or have a QB that can extend a play that will allow him to ad lib a little bit and get some space. Getting rid of Helu would be nuts. We are getting younger and adding depth, this would go against everything they have been doing right for the past 18 months.

I wouldn't do Moss. Dude looked good in camp on Saturday. He's the total leader among those wide outs. He lead in every excercise. I just feel like he's going to have a great year this year.

and what happens if Morgan and Hank get injured? Ugh

Archived