Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

While I dont think its happening here is their current depth chart....I mean they have DOGPOOP for TE's....I just cant remember Carson ever utilizing a TE.

Offense

Quarterback

Carson Palmer

Matt Leinart

Terrelle Pryor

Kyle Newhall-Caballero

Running Back

Darren McFadden

Mike Goodson

Taiwan Jones

Lonyae Miller

Fullback

Marcel Reece

Owen Schmitt

Manase Tonga

Rashawn Jackson

Wide Receiver 1

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Jacoby Ford

Duke Calhoun

Eddie McGee

Wide Receiver 2

Denarius Moore

Juron Criner

Rod Streater

Derek Carrier

Tight End

Brandon Myers

David Ausberry

Richard Gordon

Tory Humphrey

Left Tackle

Jared Veldheer

Zach Hurd

Kevin Haslam

Dan Knapp

Left Guard

Cooper Carlisle

Tony Bergstrom

Center

Stefen Wisniewski

Colin Miller

Nick Howell

Right Guard

Mike Brisiel

Alex Parsons

Lucas Nix

Right Tackle

Khalif Barnes

Joseph Barksdale

Ed Wang

Defense

Left Def End

Lamarr Houston

Dave Tollefson

Mason Brodine

Wayne Dorsey

Left Def Tackle

Richard Seymour

Desmond Bryant

Jamie Cumbie

Right Def Tackle

Tommy Kelly

Travis Ivey

Christo Bilukidi

Dominique Hamilton

Right Def End

Matt Shaughnessy

Jack Crawford

Hall Davis

Strong Side LB

Philip Wheeler

Nate Stupar

Kaelin Burnett

Middle LB

Rolando McClain

Travis Goethel

Weak Side LB

Aaron Curry

Miles Burris

Carl Ihenacho

Mario Kurn

Left Cornerback

Shawntae Spencer

DeMarcus Van Dyke

Bryan McCann

Brandon Underwood

Free Safety

Michael Huff

Matt Giordano

Curtis Taylor

Strong Safety

Tyvon Branch

Mike Mitchell

Aaron Henry

Right Cornerback

Ron Bartell

Chimdi Chekwa

Pat Lee

Terrail Lambert

Scott Hanson ‏@ScottHanson

Arriving @redskins camp. Practice at 3pm ET. We will have it for you on @nflnetwork - Check out @RGIII ... Where ya at, Skins fans?!?

Retweeted by c4man5282

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 01:48 PM ----------

This sucks. I can't watch because I'm in Florida and brighthouse doesn't have NFL network

There are ways to watch if you are so inclined

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 01:38 PM ----------

Guys, Al Davis kinda actually D-I-E-D last season.... Just sayin'. And no, he didn't come back to life as a zombie. That'd be kind of redundant for the past 10+ years.

Raiders made that awful trade for Carson after Davis passed.

Must be a slow day on Twitter...

Grant Paulsen‏ @granthpaulsen

The #Redskins' second practice of the day, this one open to the fans, is about to begin in Ashburn. Live updates to come your way.

MarkMaske‏ @MarkMaske

Tanard Jackson says he's been cleared to practice with Redskins but must wait a few more days under CBA provision

I've read so much on they Cooley front by ES'ers over the past year, but refuted commenting really. And this thread, even though its about TC, there is a lot of talk of him. this went from BA mentioning a POSSIBLE trade to POSSIBLY Cooley. There are so many other trade chips on the skins, than Cooley.

But why I think it would be dumb to trade Cooley is it would a a piece that is not a starter. Cooley's production, even if he plays #2 to Freddy, would give you more production than mostly anything that comes back for him.

Another thought is, God forbid Fred is out for an extended time. Then your starter is someone who's never played the positioni before, and never saw significant time at WR. Your #2 is a player is a career backup who's came in in a pinch before, but never did anything to stand out, and no one outside of Redskins fanbase knows Logan Paulsen.

We lost both Fred and Cooley by week 8 last year and our offense actually improved in some ways, lol. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Fred is the main weapon we have at TE right now and if we lose him we can change our offense a bit and spread people out with more 3 WR sets like we did last year.

Also, for those clamoring about something from our insiders... they DID say something would happen soon that would have this board go nuts and most were speculating it has to do with Cooley.

If we are talking the Raiders, their the one team dumb enough to overpay.

But I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt until there's some official news.

Hail.

Al Davis was the one that didnt mind overpaying. Seeing as he is dead and the entire front office has been rebuilt these comments no longer have any basis in reality. If we're gonna play the card that overspending on free agents was a pre-Shanahan/Allen thing we can't turn around and make the same baseless criticisms of another team that has undergone a dramatic change in hierarchy.

Al Davis was the one that didnt mind overpaying. Seeing as he is dead and the entire front office has been rebuilt these comments no longer have any basis in reality. If we're gonna play the card that overspending on free agents was a pre-Shanahan/Allen thing we can't turn around and make the same baseless criticisms of another team that has undergone a dramatic change in hierarchy.

Exxxxcept when they pay like 10 #1's for Carson after he died.

I like Carson....but methinks they overpaid for him.

There are ways to watch if you are so inclined

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 01:38 PM ----------

Raiders made that awful trade for Carson after Davis passed.

That maybe so but the man behind that trade is no longer in Oakland. Jackson took advantage of a momentary lack of leadership. Let's not pretend they don't have a new Hea Coach, GM, and Owner.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

Exxxxcept when they pay like 10 #1's for Carson after he dies.

I like Carson....but methinks they overpaid for him.

Responding from my phone is slow but see my laat response. We all know who made that trade and how he got away with it so theres no need to pretend we don't.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

The #Redskins' second practice of the day, this one open to the fans, is about to begin in Ashburn. Live updates to come your way.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 Pre-practice reading from late last night "#Redskins Random Thoughts" http://redskins.espn980.com/bloggers/chris-russell/item/529-random-redskins-thoughts via @ESPNRadio980 & @Isilon #Skins #NFL #RG3

We drafted Raheem Morris and he can block unless Helu has improved his work to protect RG3.

LOL, that's gold.

As with most others, I'm fine with trading Cooley. Moss, I'd rather keep, but if it's a good deal I'd live.

Helu? I can see why people would be upset if he was dealt.

Cooley's my favorite 'Skin too man. And I'd like NOTHING better than for him to retire here a one club man.

But you CAN'T have sentiment in football. One of the major factors in being a great coach is knowing when to make the right decisions at the right times, however tough they may be. And knowing just when to cut ties with a loved vet who's no longer able to give you what you require through age and injury is a major one of those factors. By all accounts, from numerous reports from the guys that follow this team up close on a daily basis, the brass have had serious concerns on just what Chris can give now in this offense. And with them transitioning Paul, to go with Davis and/ or Paulsen/ a big blocking TE we may pick up as cuts roll; if they've decided that's a better option than keeping a much loved vet around just because; but one who limits what they want to run as this offense expands and explodes with the infusion of youthful speed; then so be it.

You can't have room for sentiment in pro ball. When you do that, your on a slippery slope.

Hail.

Again..... I do not see us getting someone for Cooley that could bring in more production than he would. If we are not going to get something better, then why make the trade if Cooley is still able to contribute. From what ive read he has been doing good at camp, making some catches out there, and still getting COOOOOOOOOLEY chants from the crowd. He is worth way more to this team than a 6th or 7th rounder as well, and if it was gonna be for picks, thats probley about what it would be. Not worth it!!!

Dan Graziano ‏@espn_nfceast

Catch me on NFL Live on ESPN in the 4 pm hour with a report from Redskins training camp.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 03:03 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Spoke with Adam Carriker after this AM's practice. He says he and Barry Cofield have gone off script to stunt up front based on familiarity.

May I point you in the direction of a washed up Carson Hilton Palmer Esq ..... acquired at a ridiculous, over priced cost by the son of Al. Who coincidentally is the owner of the Oakland Raiders.

Crazy Al's legacy as alive and kicking on the West Coast.

Hail.

OK, found the quote in which the tweets from LL and TK about something big happening soon a week ago were in:

This was seemingly in response to Cooley saying that he's healthy and feeling good.

LL ?@LL_HTTR - Cooley LMAO.

Don't know exactly what this is referring to, but "chaos" could be a clue.

TK ?@TKextremeskins

@LL_HTTR tic...toc...tic...toc... #impendingchaos

Archived