Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

talhotblond (2009)

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics//poster_talhotblond.jpg

True story about a married, middle-aged man who starts talking to an attractive 18 year old girl in a chat room, and tells her he's also 18 years old and stationed in Iraq. They fall in love, he becomes obsessed and builds up a more elaborate lie, sending everything spiraling out of control and leading to tragedy.

Pretty good storytelling, pretty tragic consequences for damn near everyone shown in the movie. If you want to enjoy the documentary to its fullest, don't watch the trailer.

Where did you find this movie- netflix, redbox? I don't have netflix anymore, I use amazon instead, but there is no option to "rent" the movie, only buy.
oh great, I'll check on Lifetime! Thanks!

Ok well I just realized that the Lifetime version is different than the movie that Califan posted. The version I saw was definitely a Lifetime movie, not a documentary. Sorry for the mix up, I still enjoyed it though.

oh great, I'll check on Lifetime! Thanks!

I had found it online...just tried to find it again (can't remember where I saw it before), but came up empty.

---------- Post added June-25th-2012 at 11:46 AM ----------

My last movie:

Alexandra's Project

alexandra%27s%20project%20poster4%20dvdcover.jpg

Plot: woman decides to give her husband a "special" birthday gift...this is one ****ed-up movie lol :yes:

It's described as a psychosexual thriller...that's a pretty good category to put it in. The ending made me want to punch my television lol...it was a GOOD ending, it just bothered me, I guess. Great acting throughout, and there were quite a few clues given out early in the movie, but done in such a subtle manner that they're easy to overlook at first.

Trailer:

Edited by Califan007

O.K. so I am technologically stupid and cannot figure out how to post the poster of the movie. My apologies to the O.P.

I just saw 'Ted' and it was the best comedy I have seen in years. I saw 'That's My Boy' yesterday and it sucked, and that is coming from a early Sandler fan. I am not a fan of recent comedies. Hangover and 21 Jump Street received great reviews, but I thought they were sub par. I think comedies have gotten pretty stale the past few years, but 'Ted' just lit my face up. I am not a fan of Seth McFarlane, Family Guy for that matter. In fact, I did not want to see this movie, but the reviews pushed me.

The premise seems stupid. A kid wishes that a teddy bear comes to life. It does. Fast forward and the kid is middle aged (Mark Wahlberg) and he still hangs with the bear. He has to balance his life between his girlfriend (Mila Kunis) and his teddy bear.

I saw an interview where Wahlberg said that this movie was offensive. I don't think it is offensive. I have seen a lot worse. There are a couple of racial jokes in the movie, but nothing overboard IMO.

When I saw this movie, I felt like I was high. I was laughing the whole movie. I couldn't stop. Even during the sappy parts, my wife and I were busting at the seams.

Bottom line, if you like comedy, you HAVE to see this movie!!!!!

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Just watched Safe House. Very good, and excellent acting by both Denzel and Ryan Reynolds. Kept me on the edge of my seat. Very suspenseful.

MV5BMjI5ODkyMjA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTcyNTgzNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

A young CIA agent is tasked with looking after a fugitive in a safe house. But when the safe house is attacked, he finds himself on the run with his charge.

O.K. so I am technologically stupid and cannot figure out how to post the poster of the movie. My apologies to the O.P.

I just saw 'Ted' and it was the best comedy I have seen in years. I saw 'That's My Boy' yesterday and it sucked, and that is coming from a early Sandler fan. I am not a fan of recent comedies. Hangover and 21 Jump Street received great reviews, but I thought they were sub par. I think comedies have gotten pretty stale the past few years, but 'Ted' just lit my face up. I am not a fan of Seth McFarlane, Family Guy for that matter.

When I saw this movie, I felt like I was high. I was laughing the whole movie. I couldn't stop. Even during the sappy parts, my wife and I were busting at the seams.

Bottom line, if you like comedy, you HAVE to see this movie!!!!!

Am equally stupid, but "Jack and Jill" Sunday was hilarious, and I'm usually not an Adam Sandler fan.

I, for the obvious reasons, love Mark Wahlberg. Can't wait!!

I just saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter... guilty pleasure. I read the book ( NYTimes Best Seller ) which wasn't very good, but my HS nephew was really into it so I saw it.

It was pretty good... As the film critic Ebert said... "It's without a doubt the best movie you will ever see on this subject matter". I enjoyed it and would recommend it to fans of the genre.

Just saw "Ted." It was good. Not great, but good.

I'll say this though. The part about the teddy bear coming to life is far more plausible than any guy allowing said teddy bear to come between himself and Mila Kunis. $.02 :ols:

This year I'm introducing my son to some of the classics that he's never heard of before and is now old enough to fully understand and enjoy.

We watched "the Usual Suspects" the other night.

And it was as good as it ever was, and when the end occured, my boy's jaw hit the floor just like it's supposed to.

Kaiser Sozé!

~Bang!

This year I'm introducing my son to some of the classics that he's never heard of before and is now old enough to fully understand and enjoy.

We watched "the Usual Suspects" the other night.

And it was as good as it ever was, and when the end occured, my boy's jaw hit the floor just like it's supposed to.

Kaiser Sozé!

~Bang!

Still have yet to see that movie

crouching_tiger_hidden_dragon_ver3.jpg

Two warriors in pursuit of a stolen sword and a notorious fugitive are led to an impetuous, physically-skilled, teenage nobleman's daughter, who is at a crossroads in her life.

I hadn't seen this movie in awhile (at least 8 years). Simply awesome. A good mix of action, drama, and suspense. Awesome, awesome fight scenes. Loved the score as well.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

MV5BMTM2MTM4MzY2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ3NzI4NA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Two years after the bachelor party in Las Vegas, Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug jet to Thailand for Stu's wedding. Stu's plan for a subdued pre-wedding brunch, however, goes seriously awry.

Finally got around to seeing this late last night. All I can say about it is MEH. It was pretty funny but obviously no where near where the first one was. I wished they had just left it at one movie and that's it. I found myself wanting to punch Allan, not laughing at the **** he was causing. Pretty disappointed that they're going to make a 3rd one.

---------- Post added July-5th-2012 at 03:05 PM ----------

hangover_part_ii_ver2.jpg

Two years after the bachelor party in Las Vegas, Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug jet to Thailand for Stu's wedding. Stu's plan for a subdued pre-wedding brunch, however, goes seriously awry.

Finally got around to seeing this late last night. All I can say about it is MEH. It was pretty funny but obviously no where near where the first one was. I wished they had just left it at one movie and that's it. I found myself wanting to punch Allan, not laughing at the **** he was causing. Pretty disappointed that they're going to make a 3rd one.

I saw Ted yesterday.

I felt like there were a few really great highlights, but overall it left a lot of yards on the field. There was so much more potential for a stuffed animal that comes to life humor. The third act was utterly predictable.

I feel like Wilfred does the whole smoking pot with a furry animal bit a lot better. Wilfred is hilarious while Ted is pretty funny.

Just watched Project X.

11163085_det.jpg

3 high school seniors throw a birthday party to make a name for themselves. As the night progresses, things spiral out of control as word of the party spreads.

This movie gave me anxiety. I am too high strung and too much of a goody goody to watch people wreck houses and incite riots. The music was good, but it wasn't for me.

Oh, and not much of a comedy. I laughed once, when this midget came out of the oven.

I also watched 1000 Words earlier tonight (movie night).

MV5BMTAzODAwODkwMjBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI4MDE3NDc@._V1._SY317_.jpg

After stretching the truth on a deal with a spiritual guru, literary agent Jack McCall finds a Bodhi tree on his property. Its appearance holds a valuable lesson on the consequences of every word we speak.

eh, it was okay. The second half of the movie was better and there was only one funny part. I liked the ending. Sappy and typical Eddie Murphy family movie.

Edited by MissU28

Saw The Amazing Spider man today and thought it was good.

A first didn't really like the actor playing Spidy. I thought he was more Rain Man than Spider Man, but it really picked up and I ended up liking it a lot. Definitely a must see for comic book geeks like myself.

Just watched 50/50 and man that was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Good editing, not too long, and great character development. The perfect balance between drama and comedy, a good movie and highly recommended. Put it in your Netflix queue, get it from Redbox, see this movie! It should have won some Oscars.

220px-50_50_Poster.jpg

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/5050_2011/

Yea HN, 50/50 was great. J. Gordon Levitt was great as the main character. Seth Rogan was, Seth Rogan. But it worked. I thought the whole cast was great.

I lauged. I cried. I smiled. I felt good when it was over. Hard to beat that.