Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

saw the raid yesterday. Might be the best pure action movie i've ever seen.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/theraid/dates.html

that is the list of when it hits theatres nationwide. It's limited release right now, but it's so badass, you have to find a way to see this movie. I saw it in d.c. Looks like it hits va and md next friday.

thank you!!!

I have several friends that saw this at the E-street theater in DC and said this movie was absolutely BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF amazing.

I live in Denver and it opens up out here this coming Friday the 13th. I've already got my tickets.

THIS MOVIE "RAID REDEMPTION" IS CURRENTLY GETTING A 95% ON ROTTENTOMATOES.

Edited by skins_fan1982

We finally saw Moneyball the other night and it was a great, great, movie. I love movies based on true stories, and the only thing that would have made it better is if the A's actually won the championship- but of course, they had to stay true to life.

I also watched that recently. I'm not even a baseball fan but I loved it.

"Attack the Block." Getting a 90% of Rottentomatoes.

The ghetto vs outter space. Fun movie. It wasn't cheesy at all.

That movie really flew under the radar. CGI monsters usually look like cartoony crap, but they did an outstanding job with the aliens in ATB. Those things were ****ing scary.

220px-The_Mist_poster.jpg

(2007) A freak storm unleashes a species of blood-thirsty creatures on a small town, where a small band of citizens hole-up in a supermarket and fight for their lives.

Uhhhh, yea. I didn't actually watch the whole movie. Only caught the last 20-30 minutes of it while I was at the gym. Let's just say I have no interest in going back and watching the whole thing.

I do see where Frank Darabont did much of his Walking Dead casting.

Even though OldBoy is the most well known, both the vengeance movies were good too.

No Mercy is good and is has the guy from The Chaser as the main character. he's badass.

You will enjoy H as well, I liked it a lot.

Might I suggest:

"Memories of Murder" (about a small town in rural Korea that experiences its first ever serial killer)

"Joint Security Area" (about the DMZ and troops from N. Korea and S. Korea side become friends at night and hang out but then tratedy strikes)

"Thirst" a priest becomes a vampire and he tries to fight off the urges for blood. I can't remember which actor it is but the main character is in several of the other big korean thrillers.

and one of my faves, "Vengeance." A Frenchman's family is slaughtered, and so he teams up with a Chinese squad of hitmen and chases the bad guys all over China. EPIC movie.

After seeing No Mercy and H this weekend, I'd have to rank the 9 movies I've seen thus far as follows:

The Man From Nowhere

The Chaser

I Saw the Devil

Oldboy

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

No Mercy

Mother

Lady Vengeance

H

I'm not big on the hypnosis twist which is why I have Oldboy and H ranked lower than most. I wouldn't say any of them were bad movies though and I haven't regretted watching any of these.

I think I might have to check out Vengeance tonight. Looks pretty good from the trailer you posted.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have Memories of Murder or JSA available for streaming, otherwise I'd definitely check them out.

Edited by f_trizzy

My son turned on "The Perfect Game" a movie about Mexican team that won the very first Little League World Series, as they dealt with institutional racism and prejudice as only kids can do. It wasn't a greatly made movie and some parts were predictable and cheesy, but the pay off for me was after the Mexican pitcher pitched the first and only perfect game in the LLWS and returns home to a demanding hard nosed father who was less than supportive of his son's ball playing, the son apologizes for missing his chores and offers his father the game ball, his father refuses it saying, "No, that's for a champion". But that wasn't the best part, as the father picks up his son, I hear sniffling beside me and my 10 year old son immediately starts wiping his eyes saying, "I'm not crying...it's allergies". Cool dad moment for me.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

(2007) A freak storm unleashes a species of blood-thirsty creatures on a small town, where a small band of citizens hole-up in a supermarket and fight for their lives.

Uhhhh, yea. I didn't actually watch the whole movie. Only caught the last 20-30 minutes of it while I was at the gym. Let's just say I have no interest in going back and watching the whole thing.

I do see where Frank Darabont did much of his Walking Dead casting.

haha, I saw that a few years ago. Definitely entertaining.

Edited by MissU28

After seeing No Mercy and H this weekend, I'd have to rank the 9 movies I've seen thus far as follows:

The Man From Nowhere

The Chaser

I Saw the Devil

Oldboy

No Mercy

Mother

Lady Vengeance

H

I'm not big on the hypnosis twist which is why I have Oldboy and H ranked lower than most. I wouldn't say any of them were bad movies though and I haven't regretted watching any of these.

I think I might have to check out Vengeance tonight. Looks pretty good from the trailer you posted.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have Memories of Murder or JSA available for streaming, otherwise I'd definitely check them out.

I like your list bro. PLEASE GOD I beg you to watch Vengeance. It's one of my favorites. A frenchman and a chinese hit man crew hook up? EPICNESS.

I'm not sure if you have netflix dvd as well, but yes, JSA and Memories of Murder were not available on instant stream so we had to order them on netflix dvd.

Have you seen "Raid Redemption" yet? If you're in the dc area, PLEASE see it in DC while its still shwoing. You might only have a day or two left.

Somebody here on ES has seen it and they LOVED it. My buddy who is a self-proclaimed foreign film buff enjoyed it a lot and it's getting great reviews. I'm seeing it this Friday out here in Denver.

I think "Thirst" is playing on netflix on demand and that's an awesome movie. and the main chick is HAWTTTT

Edited by skins_fan1982

"How to Die in Oregon." An extremely depressing, but really well done documentary about terminally ill Oregonians who talk about how they decided to sign up for doctor assisted suicide to end their suffering.

This movie is currently getting 100% on rottentomatoes.com. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

This probably isn't a great selling point, but "How to Die in Oregon" had me choked up and my wife was borderline hysterical...

Watched it. Liked it.

I watch A LOT of documentaries, and this one was pretty boring, but I don't think there was a way to make it more.....entertaining?

But, nonetheless it was a good doc. I actually laughed out loud when the guy at the beginning drank the "medication" and his last words were "Tell the others..... it doesn't taste that bad.".

The Man From Nowhere

The Chaser

I Saw the Devil

Oldboy

No Mercy

Mother

Lady Vengeance

H

I would agree with your list for the most part. I might change around the order of your top 3 putting I Saw the Devil first, but overall I'd keep them up top. Loved all those movies.

If you have Netflix DVD order service as well, JSA and memories of Murder can be ordered on blu-ray/DVD.

You will enjoy Vengeance, it was awesome. The leader of the chinese hit squad team is a BOSS.

Cowboys vs. Aliens. Terrible film. Sent it back to Netlfix as quick as I could.

Awww man, that movie was so bad LOL. Even though I knew it would probably be cheesy, I was like "Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford....meh. It can't be THAT bad." Wrong. :ols:

I doubt Harrison needs the money...maybe he's just getting old and willing to take anything thrown his way while he can still work :ols:

Edited by skins_fan1982

Cowboys vs. Aliens. Terrible film. Sent it back to Netlfix as quick as I could.

Yeah that one hurt to watch. I think Daniel Craig is awesome and Harrison Ford...really what more needs to be said...but ugh...that was a brutal assault on one's will to live. And then to have 13 (from House) *ninja spoiler* turn out to be an alien....omigoodnessgracioushalpmelordjesus!!!!! By the end of the movie I was just thankful that I was able to resist the urge to gouge my eyeballs from my skull.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMxiRjBBJiYf2cxe2_NbaL_-Vavr0FsKXqKzR5kIPdGCWZqzlHNg

The Hunger Games (2012)

Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match.

Finally saw this tonight with boysetsfire. I had read the book but he hadn't. Both thought it was an excellent movie. Great action and solid emotion/backstory. Having read the book the movie did feel a little choppy but I think that's only natural when you don't have the narration that a book allows. They kept pretty close to the story, only left out a few smaller details, but overall I think you don't miss too much by not having read the book.

Best scene by far was the countdown to the start of the games.

Staying at home watching movies.

Thunderheart.jpg

An FBI man with Sioux background, is sent to a reservation in South Dakota to help with a murder investigation of a tribal leader. Here he has to come to terms with his heritage. He slowly finds himself at odds with other FBI agents,(including his mentor),and Indian leaders, who are covering up the secret mining of Uranium on the reservation. He also develops a friendship with a tribal policeman who,with the help of one of the Reservation's spiritual learders,assist the agent come to terms with this his heritage. Based on actual Reservation occurrences of the '70s.

"Raid: Redemption."

This movie is currently getting a 94% on rottentomatoes :cool:

RAID REDEMPTION finally opened up here in Denver this weekend. I saw it twice. It is probably one of the most violent movies I've ever seen. Top 5 easy. Close quarters combat with riot shotguns and AK74us and hand to hand combat. And a lot of people getting stabbed in the face and taking axes to the chest. Awesome. :)

This movie is 90 minutes long, and it probably goes no longer than 4 minutes without somebody dying. Right from the start.

Fight scenes were over the top amazing. I give it 94/100.

Not sure if this movie is still playing in DC, but if you consider yourself a fan of action movies, you'll wanna see this movie.

The-Raid-Elite-Police1.png

Edited by skins_fan1982