Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Umm...Which 2 guys ? 

Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell, Emilio Estevez, Tom Cruise, and Matt Dillon ? 

Seriously, which 2 guys ? 

Well, Macchio and Howell are the lesser known guys there for sure, I think that's fairly obvious. You can't even recognize that little **** in the back as the karate kid from the pic. 

Lets not act like those two are even close to the fame of the other 4. 

• Like 1

So you knew which one was Macchio...

You never saw My Cousin Vinny ?...geez. 

And Macchio certainly looks pretty much the same in The Outsiders as he did in My Cousin Vinny. Karate Kid though...the guy did 3 movies just from that. 

I guess I can kind of understand Howell. Although he was one of the main guys from The Outsiders. He made this pitiful movie where he was supposed to be a black guy...don't remember the name of it though. 

He might not have had the success as some of the others, but Macchio as The Karate Kid is an iconic role. Everyone knows who he his. Howell on the other hand....

I did wonder why he's so much darker in The Outsiders than he was in The Karate Kid though.

Edited by DM72

24 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So you knew which one was Macchio...

You never saw My Cousin Vinny ?...geez. 

And Macchio certainly looks pretty much the same in The Outsiders as he did in My Cousin Vinny. Karate Kid though...the guy did 3 movies just from that. 

I've seen My Cousin Vinny and I knew who it was becauee I've seen The Outsiders. Im just saying, he doesn't carry the same weight the other 4 do in 2016 or really any point after 1992 or whenever MCV came out. 

The role is iconic but the Karate Kid isn't on the same level as The Breakfast Club today and Emilio is also still famous now because of his family. The other 3 I don't need to explain. 

"Mad Max Fury Road"

I give it a B.  Plot gets an F, action gets an A+.  Maybe too much mindless action for me.

For some reason I have a hard time seeing Tom Hardy as Twombly... maybe the fact that I remember Twombly with a thin face... maybe the helmet. 

Not like its a movie that needs much of a plot... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Karate Kid is BIGGER that the Breakfast Club. Certainly. 

It's a push. The Breakfast Club, IMO, was the best coming of age movie of all time. The Karate Kid has the more iconic characters and is the ultimate underdog movie. 

Side note on The Karate Kid's tournament song "You're The Best", near the end. If you listen closely, the song's lyrics don't match with the storyline. The lyrics suggest a rematch. The song was actually written for Rocky III.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 2

Jason Bourne

This movie didn't need to exist if it was just gonna be the same movie as the first 3. It was just ok, just not particularly engaging.  They needed to freshen up the concept some kinda way.  Four movies of him minding his own business, then investigating some nugget from his past, and matching wits with some suit in a command center.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Soul Man!

This movie, especially trailer mark .49 to mark .52 is just wrong.

Noose to negro...

This is the real liberal hollywood....they say they aren't racist....but they display it as good as the racist.

Fear and hate gets attention and makes money for the media.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1

Edward Scissorhands. It had been years, maybe 25 of them (ugh, getting old sucks), since I saw it last. I picked up the dvd for $1 a couple months ago and finally got around to seeing it.

Very engaging and I loved the play on contrast. Edward's arrival into the pastel suburb was a neat culture shock, especially the goth black-leather gimp-suit clashing with the '60's conservative style. And the tone and situations were surprisingly sexual, but I suppose that was to mimic the real-life mid to late 60's that were about to burst at the seams.

• Like 2

Morgan - It was okay.  It had an Ex Machina/11 from Stranger Things vibe to it.  No idea Giamatti was in it, my absolute fave :wub:.  Wife said she saw the twist coming from a mile away but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.  Nothing special, but worth a watch on a Thursday night.  It kept me entertained for 90 minutes.  Kate Mara was solid.  C

Burnt (again) - Okay so wife wanted to watch this again when she wasn't half asleep because she just loooooves Cooper :rolleyes:.  Just as bad as I remember.  This movie tried way too hard and took itself way too seriously.  Cooper basically tries to be Chef Ramsey, but fails.  He just didn't sell me as the tough guy chef that's always yelling at people.  Story was weak and predictable.  The only decent performance in this film was from the Spaniard who played the Maitre D that I recognized but couldn't put a finger on.  Best part of this film was seeing Vikkander's face for about 3 minutes.  In the running for Braldey Cooper's worst movie.  D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

This movie, especially trailer mark .49 to mark .52 is just wrong.

Noose to negro...

This is the real liberal hollywood....they say they aren't racist....but they display it as good as the racist.

Fear and hate gets attention and makes money for the media.

Counterpoint:. This movie is 20 years old and, more or less, destroyed the careers of everyone associated with it.  The entire movie is about the evils of affirmative action...nothing liberal about it.  In fact, "liberal Hollywood" is a really tired myth.  To this day, 50% of everything coming out of Hollywood is a white guy and his magic gun saving the world.

• Like 3

Magnificent 7 - good movie not great, but what a fun watch!  how the hell was this movie not rated R?!  some great violence in this joint.  Everyone played their roles well, good to see my boy Lee Byung-Hun reppin' Seoul.  

Of course this remake doesn't even hold Yul's jockstrap, but this was a feel-good, action packed flick led by Denzel and Pratt who basically played themselves.  Denzel is mid-60s and he's still got the swag of 10 men when on screen.  Pratt continues to crush every role he takes (imo) and is skyrocketing towards being one of my favorite actors.  he's got the charisma and likeability of a young Harrison Ford.  D'onofrio was basically the comic relief but it worked in a corny way.  

Pretty straight forward and hollow plot, dumbed down  from the 60s "original remake."  but it doesn't matter.  fun flick.  there mustve been 10,000 gunshots in this movie, no bull****.  I wish I had seen this in theaters.  B+.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

On December 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Counterpoint:. This movie is 20 years old and, more or less, destroyed the careers of everyone associated with it.  The entire movie is about the evils of affirmative action...nothing liberal about it.  In fact, "liberal Hollywood" is a really tired myth.  To this day, 50% of everything coming out of Hollywood is a white guy and his magic gun saving the world.

Point taken.... with a side of lol.

• Like 1

Killed some time yesterday watching Key and Peele's movie "Keanu".

Pretty dumb, and i feel like i've now seen this exact movie 35 times in other guises, (Honestly, there were times i felt like either they were TRYING to be Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, or maybe they didn't realize it.) but i like those two and it gave me a few chuckles.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

I took my daughter (she's three) to her first movie theater experience to see Moana.  She loved it.  I loved the entire experience more than the movie, but it was gorgeously animated and entertaining.  The mad max coconuts didn't get enough screen time IMO.