Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

The Invitation

A small film starring the supporting actor in TNT's failed cop drama Deep Blue (RIP).  Basically, a group of friends get together for a party.  As the movie progresses you learn more about the protagonist and how all of these people came to be.  Something is amiss though and it is slowly revealed throughout the film.

Great thriller that keeps you guessing.  Thumbs up from me, would recommend.

• Like 1

Ghostbusters.  Seen a lot of my redskins Bros in here give it some love.  I was skeptical going in.   Wasn't a huge fan, but it was okay.  The story itself and the bad guy were weak af.  The girls were funny though.  But it didn't create the "magic" of the original GB movies.

The movie flowed so funky, felt like a bunch of scenes strewn together.  almost like a long SNL skit lol.

I loved the cameos and recreated scenes from the original.

Spoiler

They managed to grt "mass hysteria!" in the mayor's office.  Awesome. 

I'd give it a B-.  I was entertained.  it wasn't nearly as bad as in was expecting. But doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

pans-labyrinth-poster.jpg

(2006)

In 1944 Spain young Ofelia (Ivana Baquero) and her ailing mother (Ariadna Gil) arrive at the post of her mother's new husband (Sergi López), a sadistic army officer who is trying to quell a guerrilla uprising. While exploring an ancient maze, Ofelia encounters the faun Pan, who tells her that she is a legendary lost princess and must complete three dangerous tasks in order to claim immortality.

Awesome movie. Been meaning to see it for a long time. Pretty dark and fantastical. That poor little girl, man :( . She goes through some rough stuff.

Great job by my dawg Guillermo.

• Like 3

maxresdefault.jpg

Batman and Robin are back in action to take down their fiendish foes once again with original actors Adam West voicing Batman, Burt Ward voicing Robin, and Julie Newmar voicing Catwoman.

This was in theater one for day only so I saw it last night prior to the DVD release today and Oh. My. God. this movie was everything.

I don't know that I've ever seen a more horrifically, comically bad awesome movie before. So imagine the Adam West Batman but with the cheesiness  turned up to about 1,000. It's definitely in on the joke but it still comes across affectionately toward the original obviously. 

It was just a delight. We laughed our asses off the entire time. How can you not when scenes like Batman & Robin in the middle of a chase pull the Batmobile to side of the street to pursue on foot when suddenly Batman stops Robin from crossing the street to espouse the virtues of not breaking the law even while trying to stop lawbreakers and how serious jaywalking is. "quick! To the crosswalk Robin!" was a line actually spoken. Another classic moment is Batman chastising Commissioner Gordon because Batman walked into his office and Gordon and the Chief of Police were watching the TV because a rocketship was being sent into space. "Don't apologize to me commissioner, you should be apologizing to the fine citizens of Gotham whose tax dollars you are wasting"

The actual plot wasn't anything special, but nobody is watching Adam West Batman for the plot. This does a great job of bringing the old series to animation. All the old staples are there. Ridiculous gadgets from the belt, finishing each other's sentences while solving clues that make no sense, "Bam! Pow! Whack!" fight scenes, having foresight of foresight of foresight while planning, Robin's ambiguous homosexuality and his constant Holy.... lines, etc its all there. We even had Bat-scuba outfits. And don't let me forget All, That. Alliteration. 

There was a surprising amount of sexual innuendo with catwoman that I don't particularly remember from the show which could have just been because I was so little. Robin even checks out her body and it shows it from Robin's perspective lol. 

If you were ever a fan of the Adam West Batman or just complete and utter cheesefests, this is for you. Here is the trailer just for an idea of what is in store. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 4

220px-The_Girl_on_The_Train.jpg

The Girl on the Train

It was an average to above average thriller, suspense.  Some compare it to Gone Girl, which I wasn't a huge fan of, but it's decent.  Emily Blunt does a good job in her role, I have to admit.  The plot was interesting to follow but it certainly has its holes and flaws.

Its an interesting movie, but probably worthy of HBO or on demand instead of a trip to the theater.

• Like 3

Dirty Grandpa.  Jesus, is was bad.  Vulgar, immature humor is right up my alley, and I only laughed like 3 times.  And I was stoned af.  why the **** did RDN agree to this film?  I'm only giving it a D+ because Aubrey Plaza was in a thong.  She's so friggin' hot.  good lord.

• Like 2

SHIN GODZILLA!!  Caught it in a packed theater in RVA tonight.  The weirdest, grossest Godzilla film ever.  Draws heavily from the original film and the tsunami/nuclear reactor crisis.  A fascinating look into Japanese culture and a freak show monster flick at the same time.  I really liked it!.

• Like 2

media.nl?id=222715&c=3335099&h=565ee8244

(2014)

Set between the end of DBZ and Dragon Ball GT, this centers on Goku and the gang not long after the fallout from the Battle with Kid Buu.

A God, more powerful than anything they have ever faced, has awakened. With power that threatens the multiverse, and an overwhelming desire to seek out a "Super Saiyan God," they have to figure out a way to stop him before Earth goes bye bye.

Man I found out about this yesterday. Didn't even know  it was out there. Felt so good seeing everyone again. Brought back so many awesome memories. This some delivers. After such a long time off, at least in terms of the English dub, it was like they never left. Very good movie, with all the but busting humor that we loved back in the Toonami  days, mixed with the high pace, stylized action. Loved how they mixed the old school anime with new school special effects. Very nice makeover, without sacrificing everything we liked about it.

Only thing missing was that classic Bruce Faulkner metal dub... But if you are a hardcore DBZ guy, you can just mentally put the music right back into every scene involving the characters like the old days.

For a little while, I felt like a kid again. 

Where to invade next. Interesting moral at the end of this documentary, 90% of these ideas weren't new ones, nor europeans ideas, these were american ideas. I just didn't agree with the idea that you can easily replicate the criminal system in Norway elswhere. I liked the women rules in Iceland :).

Edited by FrFan

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

media.nl?id=222715&c=3335099&h=565ee8244

(2014)

Set between the end of DBZ and Dragon Ball GT, this centers on Goku and the gang not long after the fallout from the Battle with Kid Buu.

A God, more powerful than anything they have ever faced, has awakened. With power that threatens the multiverse, and an overwhelming desire to seek out a "Super Saiyan God," they have to figure out a way to stop him before Earth goes bye bye.

Man I found out about this yesterday. Didn't even know  it was out there. Felt so good seeing everyone again. Brought back so many awesome memories. This some delivers. After such a long time off, at least in terms of the English dub, it was like they never left. Very good movie, with all the but busting humor that we loved back in the Toonami  days, mixed with the high pace, stylized action. Loved how they mixed the old school anime with new school special effects. Very nice makeover, without sacrificing everything we liked about it.

Only thing missing was that classic Bruce Faulkner metal dub... But if you are a hardcore DBZ guy, you can just mentally put the music right back into every scene involving the characters like the old days.

For a little while, I felt like a kid again. 

Dude, check out Resurrection of F. It takes place after this movie and it's even better. 

Both movies are incorporated into the beginning of Dragonball Super too before its own storylines take off, GT no longer exists. 

My brother sends me texts daily freaking out about how awesome Super is. I'm just waiting for the English dubs. 

But yeah, check out Resurrection of F next

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You mean that series was stricken altogether and none of that happened and they reboot post Kid Buu saga?

Yes the fans were heard. The new series picks up with Battle of Gods and RoF which are post-Buu saga and continues from there without all the weird **** GT was 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yes the fans were heard. The new series picks up with Battle of Gods and RoF which are post-Buu saga and continues from there without all the weird **** GT was 

Damn, I liked GT, once you got past the first 20-25 ep's and the Baby saga stars, along with the cracked Dragonballs and the release of all of evil that they had stored in each of them.

Plus, I thought Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and Gogeta were pretty cool :(.

Oh well.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, I liked GT, once you got past the first 20-25 ep's and the Baby saga stars, along with the cracked Dragonballs and the release of all of evil that they had stored in each of them.

Plus, I thought Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and Gogeta were pretty cool :(.

Oh well.

I hated their looks, the music, the storylines...ugh it wasn't for me. Ah well. Now you just always have one canon and one an alternate universe for whichever one you like the the least 

Image result for timecrimes poster

I posted the poster because it's so badass. :)

I've been trying to dig a bit deeper this year on the week before Halloween.  Browsing the 'best you haven't seen' lists, trying to find some gems to check out.  I grabbed 4 dvds yesterday and Timecrimes was my first viewing.  It did not disappoint.

Kind of a mix between sci-fi/thriller with some horror tropes/elements, it was a lot of fun.  It stays contained in its scope, which I think is a big bonus here.  The story stays small without a lot of wasted movement.  It also doesn't waste a lot of time trying to explain how things work, or rules, or why things have to be a certain way.  

It's hard to discuss the plot here without giving too much away, but it's about a guy who sees a naked woman in the woods and goes to investigate.  Then shenanigans ensue!  

I was disappointed that I got the dubbed version, just because I prefer subtitles, but I still loved the film.  If you wanna watch something a little dark, a little weird, and certainly clever, do yourself a favor and check out Timecrimes.  If you can burn one before viewing....even better. :)

• Like 2