Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

21 hours ago, youngchew said:

Lily Tomlin's Grandma -  One of the best movies I've seen in 2016.  I loved it.  It's quick, only 79 minutes.  79 minutes of Lily Tomlin being Lily Tomlin.  She is woman, hear her roar! Highly recommend.  

Glad you saw this and gave it a good review. I have it cued up for next Tuesday and wavered on whether I it would be a good movie or not.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Glad you saw this and gave it a good review. I have it cued up for next Tuesday and wavered on whether I it would be a good movie or not.

Chime in after you've seen it.  I thought it was funny as hech.

On 9/8/2016 at 4:58 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Jessica Alba is still alive? 

Saw a picture of her recently... Yeah. I'm not the only missing 1999. I mean she's still pretty but she's not Jessica Alba hot.

Edit: Found it

Anyway, watching Bad Santa. Googled it to see if I'm the only one who loves it. And what do I see?

That looks ****ing horrible.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

Was racking my brain trying to think of one and just realized we might have one coming out next week. The Blair Witch sequel (17 years since the original) has major buzz and the reviews have been amazing so far. Including...

Some will laud it, others will loathe it, but make no mistake: Blair Witch is that game-changer horror fans desperately have been waiting for.

And 

The idea that a secret sequel could bring a long-stale franchise like this back to life is, frankly, the most surprising thing to happen to horror in ages.

I'll def be seeing it if they hold up as more come in.

(And I know there was already a Blair Witch 2 (that sucked) but my understanding is that they are going forward like that never existed and that this is the true sequel.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's interesting. Consider my curiosity piqued

It's kind of a crazy back story to it. There was all this buzz about the director and the new horror movie he was shooting called The Woods. Like MAJOR buzz. Then just a month ago, after three years of buzz, the first audience to see it found out that it was actually a Blair Witch sequel hallway through the screening. They printed up fake The Woods promo material and everything

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-woods-is-actually-a-secret-blair-witch-sequel-and-heres-the-first-trailer/

But yeah, I'm not some goth horror freak. I've only read two Stephen King books in my life (Pet Semetary when I was 10 and 11/22/63 a few months ago.) But I swear to God there's nothing better in the theater than a great horror movie. Big budget, CGI action-packed films like Star Wars or Iron Man are great. Beautiful 3D films like Jungle Book are amazing. But you don't get lost in them like you do with good

horror. It's just a different experience. I love it so much. I get so hyped whenever one drops. 

Will you guys PLEASE go to alamo Drafthouse?!  We're going to our 3rd FREE early screening in the last few months @ Alamo. Blair Witch.  It's $5 to reserve seats, and when you show, the 5 dollars goes towards your food/drink bill.  

It's free to sign up to become an Alamo Victory member.  Free tickets on your birthday, free tickets after seeing X amount of movies. Vouchers for pizza, milkshakes, popcorn. 

Alamo Drafthouse.  Best.  Movie theater.  On earth.   

https://drafthouse.com/victory

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

0118531.jpg

After surviving a stabbing by a student, teacher Trevor Garfield moves from New York to Los Angeles. There, he resumes teaching as a substitute teacher. The education system, where violent bullies control the classrooms and the administration is afraid of lawsuits, slowly drives Garfield mad.

To me, one of SLJ's best performances that nobody talks about. Not his usual "Bad M'Fer" characters. Tension builds and builds. But the ending just puts it in another level. Very powerful.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 2

Watched XMen: Angry Blue Egyptian and it was bad.  Luckily I was expecting bad so I still enjoyed watching things explode.  I don't know what they've done to the X-men story line but it's all a giant mess of bizarre timelines and randomly assigned hero and villain roles.  Way too much focus on shiny super powers, which they still manage to make unimpressive, and too little on the story.  It doesn't need to be a great story, but it shouldn't feel like they are just throwing actions scenes at you at random either.  They are wasting a great cast.  

Please note that while I say it was bad, it was not the special kind of big budget bad that should result in someone being banned from making movies.  Examples would be: Resident Evil after the 2nd where they stopped trying to make sense and just started trolling everyone.  Transformers 4 (he's an inventor from Texas!) which was so bad it elevated 2 and 3 simply by setting a new standard.  Independence Day 2, which was so stupid that it haunts my quiet moments. 

This was more Green Lantern level bad. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Was racking my brain trying to think of one and just realized we might have one coming out next week. The Blair Witch sequel (17 years since the original) has major buzz and the reviews have been amazing so far. Including...

And 

(And I know there was already a Blair Witch 2 (that sucked) but my understanding is that they are going forward like that never existed and that this is the true sequel.)

I actually liked Blair Witch 2 at the time.  The plot twist at the end was pretty cool.  Definitely looking forward to the new Blair Witch though.

Also, Bad Santa 2 looks awful, which is a shame because the first one was hilarious.  I doubt all of these other "bad" movies "grandpa", "teacher", etc come out of it isn't for Bad Santa.

13 hours ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

After surviving a stabbing by a student, teacher Trevor Garfield moves from New York to Los Angeles. There, he resumes teaching as a substitute teacher. The education system, where violent bullies control the classrooms and the administration is afraid of lawsuits, slowly drives Garfield mad.

To me, one of SLJ's best performances that nobody talks about. Not his usual "Bad M'Fer" characters. Tension builds and builds. But the ending just puts it in another level. Very powerful.

That's one thing that I sorta don't like about part of his fan base. They make him seem like some kind of cult sideshow, when in reality he is a really good actor, with a large body of work to illustrate that.

18 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

And 

These are probably the same people who said The Conjuring was the best horror movie since The Exorcist. Color me overwhelmingly skeptical.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's one thing that I sorta don't like about part of his fan base. They make him seem like some kind of sideshow, when in reality he is a really good actor, with a large body of work to illustrate that.

I don't think it's because of anything negative, he's just one of those actors with so much whatever-it-is that makes him, him, that his fans celebrate it.  Like Al Pacino.  Doesn't matter if they play a Cuban mobster, house slave, blind man, or teacher their unique charisma shines through.  

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Yep.  Blair Witch sequel is gonna suck.  I really enjoyed the original.  I remember watching it with a packed theater that absolutely hated it. :)

Was your theater talking a lot and fidgeting?  Horror requires the proper mind set to enjoy it and some people ruin it for themselves.  A common way people spoil their own fun is evident while watching movies with a great deal of jump scares.  When people sense it's coming, or after the first caused them to flinch, some in the audience will start laughing, talking, or otherwise coming up with reasons not to remain quietly focused on the screen.  That effectively disarms certain types of scary.  I saw a lot of that behavior during Blair Witch when I went to see it.  

I enjoyed it and thought the way they built up the dread slowly was magnificently done (the first Paranormal Activity succeeded for the same reason), but I think it had two elements that worked against it.  It received too much hype which created unreasonably high expectations.  It's not a "great" movie and expecting it to be was sure to leave people disappointed.  Also, for some people found footage camera shake is unwatchable and for many more it's at least unpleasant.  

I think the new one has an outside shot of using the same dread build up which might make it fun, but I don't expect it o be good.  

On September 9, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I can't recall any movie that did well waiting nearly a decade later for a sequel.

Star Wars.  Mad Max.  Finding Dory, and there's probably more animated movies that waited a decade.  Rambo.  Indiana Jones.  

Did The Thing (prequel) and Clerks 2 do well?  I'm guessing The Thing didn't, but I liked it.