Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father

dear_zachary.jpg

This is one devastating movie. It punches you in the gut several times...It's also rather funny at times and extremely easy to watch.

Guy is killed, and one of his friends makes a documentary about him to give to the guy's son Zachary (who was born after his death) so that, when he got older, he would know who his father really was. That's as much as I'll say in case you've never heard of the film.

Edited by Califan007

MV5BMjAyOTUzMTcxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjky

The newer Robocop

How do I say this? It wasn't a good movie. But it also wasn't as bad as I was expecting. there really wasn't that much of a story.

Same basic idea. Cop gets nearly killed. Only way he is kept alive is if they make him a machine....which by the way is illegal to use as cops in the United States but it allowed in other places.

Cool part to me was as Robocop, he uses all the security cameras in fast-motion to track down bad guys or their associates.

Jackson played a cool O'Reilly/Hannity hybrid. Keaton was fine. So was Oldman. I have no idea who the new Robocop is. They def wanted a sequel. 

n2P2o.jpg?2196

Absolutely a hottie.

She looked good in Taxi Driver too, but she had that business woman chic going. In Last Picture Show she was a total girl next door and it was hot as hell.

And if you like Picture Show, check out Paper Moon. It's a damn good movie as well, if you like older stuff.

Thanks for the rec, I've been wanting to watch Paper Moon for a while. Edited by Bacon
  • Like 3

Dude...Cybil was a hottie.  The diving board scene is good stuff.  And The Last Picture Show is an incredible film.  My favorite coming of age movie.  

And if you like Picture Show, check out Paper Moon.  It's a damn good movie as well, if you like older stuff.

Paper Moon is fantastic. Touching, funny as hell, well acted.

As for Cybil Shepherd, just google "Cybil Shepherd Sexy" and there will be all kinds of nice stuff to feast on lol...

51TFBnzwPgL.jpg

An ex-prize fighter turned longshoreman struggles to stand up to his corrupt union bosses.

Watched it Saturday when it came on TCM. One of my favorite movies and still greatly enjoyable and every bit the classic.  Brando is fantastic in this one, obviously, capped off with the famous car scene with Charlie. I told my wife I knew that scene by heart and she didn't believe me so we paused it and I gave her the ole Brando. Then we made sweet love. Ok, that last sentence didn't really happen but still. It was great.

Damn you're a TCM fan too?

We would be best friends in real life.

Haven't seen The Way Back, I'll check it out.

Watched The Road again a week or two ago with the wife who has just started to appreciate this type of genre and theme due to TWD binge watching. It's a fantastic movie. I can't say enough great things about it.

It's depressing and disturbing enough for me and I'm sure 10x that for those with children.

I liked it well enough.  It's totally competent.  Competent performances, cinematography, staging, pacing, etc.

But it really doesn't do the book justice.  And yet the filmmaker didn't leave his own stamp on the material either.  It's not memorably excellent.

The only Cormac McCarthy adaptation that's genius is No Country For Old Men IMO.

If you like the movie, I highly suggest reading the book.  McCarthy is my favorite novelist hands down.  He's one of the greatest stylists of our time.  The Road is his most accessible novel.  It's not long.  And it's more prosaic than most of his novels.  But it's still incredibly powerful.  McCarthy can be transcendent when he writes characters with some humanity like he does in the Road.  It's devastating though.  It will make you ache by the end.

The only Cormac McCarthy adaptation that's genius is No Country For Old Men IMO.

If you like the movie, I highly suggest reading the book.

It's a crime that I've had the book since I saw the movie in theaters and still Haven't read it. I definitely need to get on that.

NCFOM was good but I didn't think it was great. I'm sure I probably missed the boat on that one though. I much prefer The Road over it as well as a bunch of other movies from 07 when NCFOM came out.

I'll admit I only saw it once and was a bit distracted during it but I remember it well and remember being disappointed while watching it too. I'll probably check it out again soon though.

Anybody ever seen "Watership Down?"  Based on a best-selling novel, its a movie about two groups of rabbits at war with each other. 

Talk about mortifying, terribly sad, violent, murderous, and all-out horrifying.  I can't believe this film is rated PG. 

This was one of the movies I discovered a few years ago when google searching "Top 10 mind ****/trippy movies."  Watership Down was a great movie, but really, really depressing.  There is no way in hell I would let my child watch this.

• Like 1

22 Jump Street

I was all in on the first one, loved it, one of my

favorite comedies.

I was concerned about the sequel obviously but it delivered. I liked it a lot and will definitely be seeing it again. It's unique and has it's own brand of comedy. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are both great here again. I really like those two together.

It doesn't suffer from the sequel having to be bigger and badder than the first fortunately. They actually make several jokes about that very point throughout the movie acknowledging that it's a sequel with a few winks at the audience, it's all very well done.

There are some really funny parts and a couple of surprises. It stays true to the original too and is a worthy sequel. That's all you can ask. The credits scene is hilarious too.

Lone Survivor.

What an exceedingly difficult movie to watch.  We had a lot of dust in the front room, I dusted immediately following the conclusion.

Good movie, I hope that Marcus is happy with it.  God, Allah, Shiva - some deity please bless that man in the village.

RIP Operation Red Wings.

• Like 2

I saw the sequel to 2016: Obama's America; "America: Imagine a World without Her" by soon to be prisoner Dinesh D'Souza.  This time, he didn't put me to sleep.  Perfect timing for the 4th of July.  Puts you in a rah, rah mode for the U.S.A.  if you like the U.S.A. that is.  Don't worry right wingers, he still had his usual partison digs at the right wing boogymen and women  though he really didn't need it.