Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Watched THE MACHINE GIRL, and if you want to read as the movie goes on, this is one of many.  Typical Japanese 'fantasy' film where the lead actress accidentally loses her forearm at the hands of the yakuza, only to have a machine gun fitted.  A blood-and-guts film, so it's not to everyone's taste.

B-

MV5BMTk4ODYxMTA2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzEzNjQ5MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Skinned Aussie
Bigger picture
  • Like 1

Putting the lockdown to good use and watched GUNDALA this morning.  As the rise of comic book heroes continues to grow, GUNDALA is an Indonesian take on one of their 'own'.  If you can enjoy a movie whilst reading it (it is in Indonesian), take the 2 hours to watch it.  If not, don't bother!

D+

Gundala (2019)

Edited by Skinned Aussie

The Return of Swamp Thing (1989)

This flick was absurd, goofy, and entirely self-aware, making it quite enjoyable. At times it was like watching an early dry-run for Last Action Hero. And Heather Locklear hams it up big time - she genuinely had fun with this. Especially the, uh, romance scene...the build-up felt like I was about to watch something that should be banned in 39 states, lol.

SwampThing2.jpg

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I didn’t like it either. Just seemed like an overall lazy flick. Surprised by how much I didn’t care for it.

not a joker movie. Just a movie anot mental illness and how marginalized people in society are abandoned and left hopeless. Fantastic in that regard imo. 

just so happened that his mental illness led to him becoming what we know to look like joker. 

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not a joker movie. Just a movie anot mental illness and how marginalized people in society are abandoned and left hopeless. Fantastic in that regard imo. 

I just didn’t dig the feel of it and I still think Joaquin was great. But saying he was a clown and failed stand up comic? That just felt lazy to me.

He never felt like a ruthless criminal mastermind to me. Why is he Joker? Because he says so? It was certainly no Taxi Driver. 

I usually love these kinds of flicks, but this just didn’t move the needle for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I just didn’t dig the feel of it and I still think Joaquin was great. But saying he was a clown and failed stand up comic? That just felt lazy to me.

He never felt like a ruthless criminal mastermind to me. Why is he Joker? Because he says so? It was certainly no Taxi Driver. 

I usually love these kinds of flicks, but this just didn’t move the needle for me.

fair enough I totally get that. It felt more like taxi driver than any other superhero movie comparison to me for sure. That’s clearly what they were going for. 

He never felt like joker to me either. The whole thing was presented almost like a “what if?”scenario. He wasn’t a mastermind and don’t think he was supposed to be. That wasn’t their take. Just a crazy guy that ended up starting a movement of oppressed people. An entirely different idea on joker. Almost tragic, a mentally ill person that was swept up and lost in a system designed to chew him up and spit him out, 

All it takes is a little push. Or one bad day as he famously says, 

I also like the idea that he inspires the real joker eventually.

• Like 2

^^^Love Parallax View.  Some of the stuff in there is fun to watch because it is so dated, like when he goes to get on a plane and just walks up to the gate and pays cash and walks on.  No security.

May I also suggest The Maltese Falcon.

Edited by China
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, China said:

^^^Love Parallax View.  Some of the stuff in there is fun to watch because it is so dated, like when he goes to get on a plane and just walks up to the gate and pays cash and walks on.  No security.

May I also suggest The Maltese Falcon.

I have that one (awesome flick). Thanks for the suggestions, peeps 👊

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

An oldie might do me some good too. Any obscure oldie crime vets in here?

i was thinking about an old movie I last saw many many years ago and was wondering if it held up over time. 

It’s called “The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming,” a comedy released in 1966 in the middle of the Cold War. It had an impressive cast and was a Oscar best picture nominee  It won a Golden  Globe for best picture in the comedy category. 

Not on Netflix that I could tell. Again, not sure how it would half up over time. 

• Thanks 1

The Invisible Man was pretty awesome.

The Hunt was kinda meh.  I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it "early access" for $20 though.  Was different than I expected and Surviving The Game and Hard Target are both better than The Hunt.

Edited by purbeast