Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

Jim Johnson's stuff is ridiculously filthy. Mauer didn't have a chance at the final at-bat. Great start by the O's. So far I like Betemit playing 3rd a lot more than Reynolds and I wish the O's had a quality lead-off hitter.

On a side note: Don't announcers know better than to start talking about a no hitter?

For a while I thought I was going to watch my first no-hitter. Pretty straight ahead game, Hammel had good movement on his pitches and kept them low, got a lot of grounders.

3-0 is nice. Let's see what we can do against the Yankees. Might come back down to earth.

Jim Johnson's stuff is ridiculously filthy. Mauer didn't have a chance at the final at-bat. Great start by the O's. So far I like Betemit playing 3rd a lot more than Reynolds and I wish the O's had a quality lead-off hitter.

On a side note: Don't announcers know better than to start talking about a no hitter?

The announcers have no impact on whether a no-hitter happens or not.

Even the biggest critic has to be impressed with the starting pitching so far. I know I am.

Why is Nick Johnson on the roster?

I have to agree. We go as far as the starting pitching goes. I'm still pissed at the bullpen giving up runs in game 1 and game 2. Johnson is on the roster because Davis and Reynolds strike out so much, he provides depth on the bench on the corners.

I have to agree. We go as far as the starting pitching goes. I'm still pissed at the bullpen giving up runs in game 1 and game 2. Johnson is on the roster because Davis and Reynolds strike out so much, he provides depth on the bench on the corners.

I wish we had a legit power/for average hitting 1B to hit in the middle of this lineup. NJ was decent with the Nationals.

I wish we had a legit power/for average hitting 1B to hit in the middle of this lineup. NJ was decent with the Nationals.

I do too. Not a fan of Weets being the #4, but we gotta do what we gotta do. Also, we need a legit leadoff guy. Nolan is not that guy. I think he should try Andino in that spot.

If our pitching can keep this up, I think we have enough offense. I just don't know if our SP can do this every night. 22IP from our SPs so far and only 1 run. That's impressive.

Let me spoil it for you...we will NOT keep this up. No one could. I do think we'll have more solid starting pitching than last year though. Combine that with a league-average offense (which we were) and I think we should see some improvement over the 2011 team.

Let me spoil it for you...we will NOT keep this up. No one could. I do think we'll have more solid starting pitching than last year though. Combine that with a league-average offense (which we were) and I think we should see some improvement over the 2011 team.

Oh I know we won't keep it up. But will we continue to get solid starts out of our staff? I honestly don't know. The big unknown coming into the season was the pitching staff. So far, they look good. Big test coming up with the Yankees coming to town.

Archived