Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

Nice effort all around. Good to see Kakes with a hot start, especially coming into he season with the ab injury. I know people roll their eyes at Jake A as an "Opening Day Starter" but he has quality stuff and will continue his upward progression.

While I was behind first base so I wasn't that close, Pavano looked like he didn't have dick out there. just 84 mph cutters and splitters. Probably a bad sign for the offense that the hit total was low. But it's just game 1.

Reimold's walk up music was the WCW Wolfpack entrance song. Heh.

I put this up on Orioles Hangout, but I figured I would post it here as well. Great article about the O's from Deadspin yesterday. They put out some ridiculous stuff at times, but they do some tremendous feature articles. This is definitely one of them, IMO. It is a long article, but it is definitely worth a read. Hell, even if it were not about the Orioles, it would still be a great article.

Fair warning, there is some NSFW language in here. There is even some in the title and the link, thanks to Robert Andino. So I created a tinyurl. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/8x7l7tz

I put this up on Orioles Hangout, but I figured I would post it here as well. Great article about the O's from Deadspin yesterday. They put out some ridiculous stuff at times, but they do some tremendous feature articles. This is definitely one of them, IMO. It is a long article, but it is definitely worth a read. Hell, even if it were not about the Orioles, it would still be a great article.

Fair warning, there is some NSFW language in here. There is even some in the title and the link, thanks to Robert Andino. So I created a tinyurl. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/8x7l7tz

It was an excellent article and a worthwhile read for any O's fan.

It was an excellent article and a worthwhile read for any O's fan.

Agreed. Thanks for posting that, LT.

This quote cracked me up but also made a lot of sense:

The reason you grab Zelous Wheeler and Matt Antonelli and Nick Johnson is so that, at some point this year, when Chris Davis or Mark Reynolds unleashes his violent, unsound swing and for once connects with the ball, it will be a two-run home run instead of a solo shot, because someone ahead of him has drawn a walk. You do it so that the Red Sox pitchers have to throw three or four extra pitches in an inning.

Hah, as if I needed another reason to despise the Ratbird franchise...

Probably some unpaid intern who made a made decision on a facebook page for them, I doubt it was anything to do with the franchise. Now if Steve Biscotti, Ozzie Newsome, and John Harbaugh said something like this, then yeah, I'd be super pissed.

Watched a little last night. Even as a Nats fan I think those Saturday Night uni's are pretty cool. If they had a special hat with this "B" on it, it might be on of the best alternatives out there.

kkepsdivkhkppefeu2w1kixh2.gif

As far as the Ravens....they are who they are. A team dying for another team to consider them main rivals. ESPN will have you think in Pittsburgh all they want to do is beat Baltimore. Truth is....if the Ravens, Browns and Bengals were all .500 or above teams, the Steeler Nation would care about beating the Ohio teams well before Baltimore. They want the Browns to be good the most....so they can beat their MAIN RIVAL.

Reminds me of Philly. The Eagles and Phillies franchises dislike each other apparently.

http://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/statuses/189061577109016576

hammel has no-hitter thru 5 vs. twins, as @JoeChristensen tweets. #orioles

---------- Post added April-8th-2012 at 02:57 PM ----------

I remember when Daniel Cabrera had a near-no-no against the Diamondbacks :ols:

Also since then some other oriole had a near-no-no

Hopefully my acknowledgement of what is going on at OPACY does not jinx the accomplishment

---------- Post added April-8th-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

No-Hitter continues, we're in the top of the 7th.

Archived