Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

I have an odd feeling this team finishes close to 500. I think the pitching will be a lot better than people are expecting and the hitting is at least average, maybe above average.

Arrieta and Matusz will surprise some folks...

Who else you think? Hunter? Wada? Hammel?

Mussina elected to Orioles Hall of Fame

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_...l-of-fame.html

"Moose" ranks among the Orioles' all-time leaders with 147 wins (third), 1,535 strikeouts (second), 288 starts (fifth), 2009 2/3 innings (sixth), 15 shutouts (eighth) and 45 complete games (10th). He led the Orioles in ERA in eight seasons and in victories and innings pitched in six. He also won four of his seven Gold Gloves in Baltimore.

In addition, Mussina finished in the top six in Cy Young voting seven times with the Orioles and made five All-Star teams - though not in 1995, when he led the American League with 19 wins and four shutouts and finished fifth in Cy Young voting.

In the 1997 postseason, Mussina went 2-0 with a 1.24 ERA in four starts spanning 29 innings, walking seven batters and striking out 41.

Mussina is definitely worth of that. When you look back on those 90s teams, you think of Ripken, Mussina, and Anderson.

Yeah it sucks he left to go to the Yankees, but he was still one of my favorite O's and a classy guy.

I wouldn't say a classy guy at all for how he treated people in Baltimore but he def deserves the O's HOF and Angelos should have paid him.

Im trying to go to opening day but tix are crazy prices. Anybody selling tix to OD or know a place to buy some for a sane price?

For a season without a whole lot of buzz going in, it seems like it's pretty much sold out. I know they'e been doing the Opening Day holiday pack and maybe the loosened up the amount season and package tix holders could buy. Keep an eye on the website as they tend to release more a few days before the game.

While I am a Nats fan, I am looking forward to going to the exhibition game tomorrow at Harbor Park as the O's take on the Tides. I know Matusz is starting the game, I'll be interested to see how long Buck leaves the starters in for.

While I am a Nats fan, I am looking forward to going to the exhibition game tomorrow at Harbor Park as the O's take on the Tides. I know Matusz is starting the game, I'll be interested to see how long Buck leaves the starters in for.

I completely forgot about that. What time is the game?

If you've got Direct TV and are outside the DC area, free MLB Extra Innings for the first 10 days of the sason. Woot! GO ORIOLES!

Nats who? :)

Yep, I love the free MLB Extra Innings to start the season. Unfortunately, the 10 days is about as long as the Os will be in the playoff hunt. I've been a fan since I was in elementary school living in VA but it's been a long, rough decade + of poor teams out of the playoffs by the end of the 1st month. I guess I can root for anybody but the yankees again this season. Go D-backs, perhaps?

The Tides ended up beating the O's 6-4; however, Showalter started to pull most of the starters in the 5th once the rain came in. Machado looked impressive at the plate, but not so much in the field, impeding a runner even though the umps completely blew the call.

Archived