Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

Considering the Nats have yet to accomplish anything (other than providing great seats for Phillies and Mets, and sometimes Orioles fans), I'd recommend you hold onto your players. As Orioles fans from past years know, a team that looks good on paper doesn't always deliver on the field.

1. Given the number of Red Sox, Yankees...and yes, Nats fans that take over OPACY, I wouldn't be pointing fingers.

2. The Orioles haven't had some much as a .500 season in almost 15 years. The Nats managed that in their 1st year here. And will be cracking .500 this year.

3. If there is one thing I can expect -- it's overrated Orioles prospects. Strasburg, Gonzalez, Zimmermann and Jackson have already proven they get pitch -- and pitch well -- at the ML level. Not so much for the O's.

Oh yeah -- then there is Bryce Harper and Anthony Rendon coming. And Matt Purke had his velocity back in his 1st spring start -- so that is at least encouraging. How's Matt Hobgood working out for you?

God, I love watching the O's suffer after what the POS Angelos did to keep the Nats out.

The Orioles haven't had some much as a .500 season in almost 15 years. The Nats managed that in their 1st year here. And will be cracking .500 this year.

God, I love watching the O's suffer after what the POS Angelos did to keep the Nats out.

And I love watching Nats fans troll on an Orioles thread and beat their chests over a .500 record (from 7 years ago!). It's like two fat girls arguing about who looks better in a bikini.

Most fans on this thread know the Orioles suck. So get over yourself.

And I love watching Nats fans troll on an Orioles thread and beat their chests over a .500 record (from 7 years ago!). It's like two fat girls arguing about who looks better in a bikini.

Most fans on this thread know the Orioles suck. So get over yourself.

I love Oriole fans that take swipes at Nats fans and their organization (especially the part about opposing fans at the park) and then duck and cover when they respond. Oriole and Baltimore fans are far worse in the annoying department. I mean...they still do the wave in OPACY.

I love Oriole fans that take swipes at Nats fans and their organization (especially the part about opposing fans at the park) and then duck and cover when they respond. Oriole and Baltimore fans are far worse in the annoying department. I mean...they still do the wave in OPACY.

I've been to Redskin games and seen the wave. What's your point?

Considering the Nats have yet to accomplish anything (other than providing great seats for Phillies and Mets, and sometimes Orioles fans), I'd recommend you hold onto your players. As Orioles fans from past years know, a team that looks good on paper doesn't always deliver on the field.
He has no point, just an obsession with comparing his team to one of the few clubs that have fared worse over the past several years. Hope he feels better!

Well, lets see, you take a swipe at Nats fans and you're shocked when the rub your nose in the fact that the Nats are on the cusp of being a really good team -- and the O's are slated for 100 losses? Especially after what that scheister of an owner did to this organization? Really?

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

hmm nats fan bumping in here to spread the news about the nat's "superiority". sounds about right.

maybe if they have an above .500 record they'll lose the small man complex and feel enough validation so as not to talk **** to orioles' fans. i doubt it though.

Nope -- I am going to enjoy the hell out of watching the O's finish terribly again and just love every minute of it.

Well, lets see, you take a swipe at Nats fans and you're shocked when the rub your nose in the fact that the Nats are on the cusp of being a really good team -- and the O's are slated for 100 losses? Especially after what that scheister of an owner did to this organization? Really?

Just a reminder, alot of people though the O's were on the cusp of being a good team last year. We all know how that worked out.

The Nats should be solid, but they still have a bunch of question marks.

Just a reminder, alot of people though the O's were on the cusp of being a good team last year. We all know how that worked out.

The Nats should be solid, but they still have a bunch of question marks.

All young teams have question marks. However most of the O's hopes were pinned to Matusz, Arrieta, Britton et al. who were far less proven than the top 4 the Nats are trotting out this year. Not to mention, no pitcher in the Oriole organization brings to the table what Strasburg does.

The huge question mark for the Nats is on the offense. Specifically the 7 year train wreck that is the CF situation. Desmond is awful. Espinosa needs to show he can get on base and keep that 20 HR power at 2B. Werth needs to bounce back. I have 0 worries about Morse, Zimmerman, Ramos or Harper. Plus what is one the way in Rendon...

I took a swipe at a Nats fan who came on an Orioles thread and acted like a jerkoff. Read the whole thread and get your facts straight. I'd expect the same thing from you if I pulled that on the Nats thread (but I don't troll on other threads, maybe because I have better things to do with my time?).

Nope -- I am going to enjoy the hell out of watching the O's finish terribly again and just love every minute of it.

That's what you have to look forward to this summer?? Wow.

All young teams have question marks. However most of the O's hopes were pinned to Matusz, Arrieta, Britton et al. who were far less proven than the top 4 the Nats are trotting out this year. Not to mention, no pitcher in the Oriole organization brings to the table what Strasburg does.

The huge question mark for the Nats is on the offense. Specifically the 7 year train wreck that is the CF situation. Desmond is awful. Espinosa needs to show he can get on base and keep that 20 HR power at 2B. Werth needs to bounce back. I have 0 worries about Morse, Zimmerman, Ramos or Harper. Plus what is one the way in Rendon...

Still questions about Stras, Jackson, and Zimmermann. Plus the offense, can Morese repeat what he did, will Werth get back to his 2010 form, will LaRoche stay healthy, who will play CF, etc.

The O's could be competitive if the young pitching comes around. Britton, Arrieta, Matusz, etc. can't be any worse than they were last season. The offense isn't terrible with Jones, Hardy, Weiters, Reynolds, Markakis. Not great, but decent.

I took a swipe at a Nats fan who came on an Orioles thread and acted like a jerkoff. Read the whole thread and get your facts straight. I'd expect the same thing from you if I pulled that on the Nats thread (but I don't troll on other threads, maybe because I have better things to do with my time?).

Yes I love the "I have better things to do with my time argument!" If you're responding, clearly you don't...and you don't have anything really to bring to the argument...

That's what you have to look forward to this summer?? Wow.

Almost on par with reveling in the Cowboys failures...

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 04:04 PM ----------

Still questions about Stras, Jackson, and Zimmermann. Plus the offense, can Morese repeat what he did, will Werth get back to his 2010 form, will LaRoche stay healthy, who will play CF, etc.

I am not worried about Zimmermann or Jackson. Znn posted a 3.12 ERA last year, Jackson is our 4th starter -- he'll be fine. If he can hide the ball better -- we will have a VERY good staff! Werth and LaRoche we'll see. I can't make any predictions on them. LaRoche hasn't even taken a spring training AB.

The O's could be competitive if the young pitching comes around. Britton, Arrieta, Matusz, etc. can't be any worse than they were last season. The offense isn't terrible with Jones, Hardy, Weiters, Reynolds, Markakis. Not great, but decent.

Weiters is the only one I'd take there, even then Ramos is going to be good player, just not as good as Weiters. Markakis fell off a cliff after his really break-out year a couple of years ago. Reynolds is the new Rob Deer. His 200 Ks will hurt more than 30+ hr will help. Jones is a pretty good player -- far better than ANYTHING THE NATS HAVE EVER HAD IN CF -- but he Ks a lot, and doesn't get on base. Good power and defense. But, we have Espinosa for that :)

Extending Hardy was stupid, sorry. He should have been traded or allowed to walk (if he was a type A). The Nats were crushed for that back when they had Soriano -- one of the few smart things Bowden did -- they turned Soriano into Jordan Zimmermann.

They're not going to contend, I'd be shocked if they were 10 games or less out of 4th place this year. That and Dan Duqette is the GM...

Yes I love the "I have better things to do with my time argument!" If you're responding, clearly you don't...and you don't have anything really to bring to the argument...

I don't go to the threads of other teams like you do, talking trash simply for the sake of alleviating an obvious inferiority complex. I really do hope the Nats achieve their sought-after .500 season, because I have nothing against them, and because it obviously means the world to you.

What are the chances Machado is called up to the majors this year?

I dunno. I think it depends how he does in the minors. With Hardy at SS, I don't think there's a rush to bring him up. If he's playing well, I wouldn't be opposed to moving Hardy to make room for him.

I honestly have no problem with the Nats. They'll be a good team. But damn so of their fans are annoying.

Yeah, come back and brag when you've actually won something besides beating the Mets for the basement of the NL East. If they had division titles and maybe some playoff appearances, they'd be well within their right to brag. It's like Capitals fans bragging to Pens fans about our stupid President's trophy.

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 04:54 PM ----------

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

Well, this is an O's thread, so I think we're well within our rights to take any swipe we want. We didn't go in the Nats thread and say it. If you don't like it, go back to the Nats thread and bash us all you want.

Archived