Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

So, what do some of you think the roster will look like? Starters? Bullpen? Batting Order?

Rotation: Hammel, Chen, Tilman, Gonzalez, Britton

Order: Markakis, Hardy, Jones, Davis, Wieters, Machado, Reimold (DH), McClouth, Flaherty

Bullpen: Arrieta, Matusz, Strop, Ayala, Wada, O'Day, Johnson

We should have given Saunders a decent deal IMO

I wouldn't have given him a more than one year. In previous situations the O's would have NEEDED a guy like Saunders. I don't think they need him all that much.

And it makes sense that he signs with a place like Seattle, where homers go to die.

So I guess it's Hammel, Chen, Gonzo, Tillman, and then a rolling fight between Arrieta (I still think he can be good. I'm sick. I need help), Britton, Johnson, Matusz (probably stays in the pen), and Bundy for later in the year.

O's could always trade for a Saunders like starter later in the year.

I wouldn't have given him a more than one year. In previous situations the O's would have NEEDED a guy like Saunders. I don't think they need him all that much.

And it makes sense that he signs with a place like Seattle, where homers go to die.

So I guess it's Hammel, Chen, Gonzo, Tillman, and then a rolling fight between Arrieta (I still think he can be good. I'm sick. I need help), Britton, Johnson, Matusz (probably stays in the pen), and Bundy for later in the year.

O's could always trade for a Saunders like starter later in the year.

As for Arrieta, the stuff is there. It's THERE! I think it's all mental with him. Hopefully our pitching coach does some sort of miracle with him. He did to an extent with Tillman, getting him back on track as a nice starter. I'm torn on Britton but I'm leaning towards he won't be a consistent starter. I hope I'm wrong because we are going to need more than 5 starters again this year. Hopefully, we'll have 7-8 guys that can come in and start that we can trust. Chen, Gonzo, Tillman, and Hammel are locks in our top 4 but one or more of them will probably get hurt over the course of the year. Depth is so key at SP, as you can see last year.

Archived