Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

Couple guys on MLB.com threw out the idea of going after Michael Bourn if he'd be willing to move to left.

Hamilton health wouldn't concern me as much with Reimold on the bench. I think Reimold has shown the potential to be a more than capable contributer offensivley. Only issue there would be what happens when both of the are hurt. I mean neither of them look to be threatening any ironman records anytime soon.

I want nothing to do with Bourn. He is looking for a $100M contract, and if I were interested, a lot of his value comes from defense in center. Moving him to left would be a detriment. His defense and his speed on the bases are his biggest assets, and the speed is usually the first thing to go as someone ages. And he turns 30 next month. Outside from his speed, which will decline soon, I am just not that crazy about him. He is not a very good leadoff guy because he has a bad eye at the plate and he strikes out a good amount. He just is not worth anything close to what he is seeking.

The Blue Jays ain't scared to make a splash. See that blockbuster trade involving them and the Marlins? Jose Reyes is involved. I would post a link but I'm at work and I'm typing this on a phone.

The O's CANNOT stand pat this offseason.

The Blue Jays ain't scared to make a splash. See that blockbuster trade involving them and the Marlins? Jose Reyes is involved. I would post a link but I'm at work and I'm typing this on a phone.

The O's CANNOT stand pat this offseason.

One of my gung-ho Marlin-fan friends just disavowed himself of the Marlins today and declared his loyalty to the Dodgers.

It's hard to call a franchise that's won 2 World Series in their 20-year existence a failure, but the Marlins have managed to pull it off.

One of my gung-ho Marlin-fan friends just disavowed himself of the Marlins today and declared his loyalty to the Dodgers.

It's hard to call a franchise that's won 2 World Series in their 20-year existence a failure, but the Marlins have managed to pull it off.

One of the Marlins players tweeted; "I'm Pissed."

Bob Melvin edges Buck for AL Manager of the year.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-11-13/sports/bal-buck-showalter-american-league-manager-of-the-year-20121113_1_buck-showalter-bbwaa-manager-al-manager

Bob Melvin beats Buck Showalter for American League Manager of the Year Award

Former Orioles manager Davey Johnson wins NL award

The Orioles’ improbable run to the postseason wasn’t enough to earn Buck Showalter the American League Manager of the Year Award.

Up until Tuesday evening’s announcement on the MLB Network, the race between Showalter and Oakland A’s manager Bob Melvin for the AL’s top manager of 2012 seemed too close to call. Both were equally deserving and both led their teams to storybook seasons that captivated baseball.

Bob Melvin did a hell of a job, but I think Billy Beane won him that award. From a pure managing standpoint, Buck was the best.

Whatever though. That stuff doesn't really matter to me.

---------- Post added November-14th-2012 at 02:54 PM ----------

A failure? Their model was to spend less and win, and they were pretty successful doing that. Then they splurged one year and failed. If anything the fans should be happy.

Both.

Does anyone "really" want to see Brian Roberts try and make another comback? I just want him to hang it up. He hasn't been healthy in 3 years. Time to go Brian.

It doesn't hurt the team at all if he gives it a shot. They are on the hook for the $10 million no matter what.

Stanton wont happen. We would have to trade Bundy +, even though I think he's worth it, no way the O's FO will do that. butler may be a more realistic option. He would still be expensive but would give you 25+ Hrs and a .300+ BA. If we got him and Hamilton, our lineup would be unbelievable.

1. Markakis - rf

2. Hardy - ss

3. hamilton - lf

4. Butler - dh

5. Jones- cf

6. Davis- 1b

7. Wieters - c

8. Machado - 3b

9. Roberts - 2b

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 10:42 AM ----------

Both.

Does anyone "really" want to see Brian Roberts try and make another comback? I just want him to hang it up. He hasn't been healthy in 3 years. Time to go Brian.

Not at all, but he isnt going to retire when he is owed 10 million dollars. we should try him out as the 9 hitter, if it fails hand it to Flaherty

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 10:42 AM ----------

Both.

Not at all, but he isnt going to retire when he is owed 10 million dollars. we should try him out as the 9 hitter, if it fails hand it to Flaherty

The moves I would make are make a trade for Billy Butler. Dude would (and has) rake in Camden. He is my ideal middle of the lineup bat. (Hamilton and Stanton would cost too much).

I'd also add some more starting pitching depth. You can NEVER have too much. Other than that, sign an OF, probably Mclouth, to compete with Reimold who will eventually hurt himself some how.

If we rolled out with

C Weets/Tea

1B Davis/Reynolds (Could be resigned, depends on the cost)

2B Flar/Casilla/Roberts

SS Hardy/Flar/Casilla

3B Machado/Betemit(God Forbid)

LF Mclouth/Reimold/Robinson

CF Jones/Robinson

RF Markakis/Davis/Robinson

DH Butler/Davis/Betemit

SP Tillman

SP Hammel

SP Gonzo

SP Saunders (Resign for a decent deal)

SP Chen

Depth at SP- Britton, Johnson, Arrieta. possibly Matusz, a few depth signings

Bullpen remains mainly the same with the addition of Wada returning from injury. Maybe sign a couple with a chance to make an impression during ST.

I'd be very happy with that kind of offseason.

Stanton wont happen. We would have to trade Bundy +, even though I think he's worth it, no way the O's FO will do that. butler may be a more realistic option. He would still be expensive but would give you 25+ Hrs and a .300+ BA. If we got him and Hamilton, our lineup would be unbelievable.

No way we should ever even consider trading Bundy for hitting. Pitching wins during the regular season and in the playoffs.

The moves I would make are make a trade for Billy Butler. Dude would (and has) rake in Camden. He is my ideal middle of the lineup bat. (Hamilton and Stanton would cost too much).

I'd also add some more starting pitching depth. You can NEVER have too much. Other than that, sign an OF, probably Mclouth, to compete with Reimold who will eventually hurt himself some how.

If we rolled out with

C Weets/Tea

1B Davis/Reynolds (Could be resigned, depends on the cost)

2B Flar/Casilla/Roberts

SS Hardy/Flar/Casilla

3B Machado/Betemit(God Forbid)

LF Mclouth/Reimold/Robinson

CF Jones/Robinson

RF Markakis/Davis/Robinson

DH Butler/Davis/Betemit

SP Tillman

SP Hammel

SP Gonzo

SP Saunders (Resign for a decent deal)

SP Chen

Depth at SP- Britton, Johnson, Arrieta. possibly Matusz, a few depth signings

Bullpen remains mainly the same with the addition of Wada returning from injury. Maybe sign a couple with a chance to make an impression during ST.

I'd be very happy with that kind of offseason.

Unless Matusz wants to start again, I don't see any reason for him not to be in the bullpen next season. That gives the O's two strong lefties in Patton and Matusz out of the pen.

Archived