Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

A high OBP 2B would be at the top of my list but the choices aren't great in the FA market. Maybe we can swing a trade somehow.

I'm pretty confident we won't make any splashes and we'll have a offseason simliar to last year, going for depth. We did play out of our minds this year but if our pitching is strong again, there is no reason why we can't make the playoffs again.

I love our power but I really would rather see the power go down a bit and our OBP go up. The Power got us far but if we want to make a run at the World Series, we're gonna need to be able to play small ball and get guys on base a lot more than we did.

A high OBP 2B would be at the top of my list but the choices aren't great in the FA market. Maybe we can swing a trade somehow.

This.

I'm not sure what to do with Reynolds. Is he really worth $11 million? I'd definitely talk to Detroit to see if they have any interest in moving Victor Martinez before I pick up an $11 million dollar deal on Reynolds.

Sign McLouth to a 1 year deal. Hope Reimold can stay healthy for 300 ABs.

Hold at 2b and see what shakes out. Maybe there's a scappy guy you can bring in to compete with Roberts, Dino, Flah.etc.

Pick up MRen's option and/or talk 3ish year deal. I think someone is going to make a terrible decision on a guy like LaRoche or Loney (like 3/50+) and it'll make 11m for MRen easier to swallow.

Maybe offer Saunders arb?

I can't see the O's letting Reynolds walk. Dude was incredible towards the end of the season and clutch at 1st base a number of times vs the Yanks.

I can see the O's letting him walk if the price isn't right. Davis would be great at first which opens up options at DH depending who's on the market.

I've gone back and forth on Hamilton. I've decided as GM of the Orioles to not to sign him. He's gonna be 32 in May. Not exactly his prime years coming up. I see a decline coming each year from now. Not worth paying $100 million for 6 years or whatever he's gonna be asking.

Bring McLouth back. Let Flaherty come back and play 2nd, I like the way he swings the bat. I'm also torn on Reynolds. He swings and misses SO much. But when he's hot he's hot. And he is better defensively at first than Davis. My instinct is to let him go.

I'd like to see a trade be made. Arrieta/Matusz and a couple other dudes for Billy Butler....something like that. Obviously I'm with everyone else in saying we need a quality high average high RBI bat.

Have you all fallen in love with McClouth just because he was the only one that hit in the playoffs? Or was it that foul ball that should have probably been a HR. I like McClouth too, but Hamilton is a HUGE upgrade.

I'd like to see a trade be made. Arrieta/Matusz and a couple other dudes for Billy Butler....something like that. Obviously I'm with everyone else in saying we need a quality high average high RBI bat.

If we could get that kind of bat, I'd be for moving Matusz. Otherwise, he is staying put in the bullpen and not even given the option of starting. He was lights out when moved there and I hope he embraces this new role long term.

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 04:25 AM ----------

Have you all fallen in love with McClouth just because he was the only one that hit in the playoffs? Or was it that foul ball that should have probably been a HR. I like McClouth too, but Hamilton is a HUGE upgrade.

True, but how much would you pay for him?

^ That is true, Matusz was incredible out of the bullpen. Would love to see him stay there. Particularly because I think our rotation is pretty solid. Chen, Tillman, Hammel, Gonzalez are set in stone. We can find a fifth out of Arrieta/Britton/Steve Johnson (I loved what this guy showed he should be given another chance). Or sign a 5th starter like Saunders or Gavin Floyd or whoever. Then Bundy in our pocket.

Imagine this lineup with a guy like Carlos Gonzalez, Starlin Castro, Joey Votto, or someone along those lines. We are one high caliber hitter away from really making noise imo.

Yeah, my issue with Hamilton is that he is getting old and that he will be asking for too much money. I'm not trying to sell the farm for him. No doubt he is an upgrade over McLouth. I like Nate's hustle, speed, and bat. He's valuable. Save all that money so you can make a high caliber signing in 2014.

If we could get that kind of bat, I'd be for moving Matusz. Otherwise, he is staying put in the bullpen and not even given the option of starting. He was lights out when moved there and I hope he embraces this new role long term.

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 04:25 AM ----------

True, but how much would you pay for him?

I'm not nieve, I know it'll be expensive. I'll prefer 5/$100M, but it will probably take at least 6/$125M

^ That is true, Matusz was incredible out of the bullpen. Would love to see him stay there. Particularly because I think our rotation is pretty solid. Chen, Tillman, Hammel, Gonzalez are set in stone. We can find a fifth out of Arrieta/Britton/Steve Johnson (I loved what this guy showed he should be given another chance). Or sign a 5th starter like Saunders or Gavin Floyd or whoever. Then Bundy in our pocket.

Imagine this lineup with a guy like Carlos Gonzalez, Starlin Castro, Joey Votto, or someone along those lines. We are one high caliber hitter away from really making noise imo.

Yeah, my issue with Hamilton is that he is getting old and that he will be asking for too much money. I'm not trying to sell the farm for him. No doubt he is an upgrade over McLouth. I like Nate's hustle, speed, and bat. He's valuable. Save all that money so you can make a high caliber signing in 2014.

Don't forget the O's are gonna need money to sign Wieters long term and they have a decision to make on Jim Johnson after this year.

I'd kick the tires on Hamilton, but I think someone will way overpay for him.

I think Arrieta is most likely to be traded and I hope Steve Johnson gets a chance to be a number 5 starter. Who was the other pitcher from Korea or Japan that missed all of last season?

Don't forget the O's are gonna need money to sign Wieters long term and they have a decision to make on Jim Johnson after this year.

I'd kick the tires on Hamilton, but I think someone will way overpay for him.

I think Arrieta is most likely to be traded and I hope Steve Johnson gets a chance to be a number 5 starter. Who was the other pitcher from Korea or Japan that missed all of last season?

I assume you are talking about this guy?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/tsuyoshi-wada/1324782?q=tsuyoshi-wada

Archived