Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

Our hitters have totally forgotten the strike zone the last two weeks

~Bang

You are not kidding. I have never seen major league batters look as bad as these guys have looked over two weeks. AJ, Reynolds, Davis, Hardy and Weets should be ashamed of themselves.

They exceeded all expectations and had a great run

They ran into a team that was slightly better than them, but they did give them a good scare.

PRops to this gritty team

If you were to say at the beginning of the season that this team would be in the postseason, no one would believe you

At the moment: disappointed.

Taking the long look: This was a team with a fraction of the Yankees payroll, that was supposed to finish dead last in the AL East (hell, in all of baseball) with at least 100 losses, that wasn't even supposed to be an afterthought to a team like the Yankees. We sure as hell weren't supposed to be fighting for the AL East crown going into the last series of the year. And in the end, we went 11-12 against them, took every series in NY except this one, and made them sweat all the way to the finish.

Without Roberts, without Markakis at the end, with some very valuable pieces (like Nolan Reimold, remember him?) lost for a good chunk of the year, with a different starting rotation every 3 days because somebody would go down. Hard to stay mad about how far they came.

As an afterthought: Can the Redskins bring in Buck as ST coach for the rest of the year?

I'm too pissed for perspective right now. Too pissed.

Yea it was a great run and OMG, the fanbase would have been happy with winning 82 and blah blah blah....no

I'm just too pissed.

Maybe if it were the Rangers, or the A's or the Rays or whatever...

but it had the be the Yankees.

It had to be Tex stealing that base.

It had to have that foul pole call...and the Yanks get one more run so it "doesn't matter anyway."

I'm afraid that even though Manny's here to stay and Bundy is in the wings..that we'll have 8 guys competing for 5 spots in he rotation and Nick and Nolan back...maybe a free agent bat.

They had them on the ropes and ****ed it up. And there's no guarantee we come close any time soon.

Shhhhh, go write it down or something, but please don't say it if you feel that strongly about it. I can barely watch the games anymore unless I know for sure that's what the baseball gods want (like Friday night they definately wanted me to watch)., last nights game I had to leave the room 20 times just so we could squeak out a W.

OK, time to say it. I basically haphazardly became an Orioles fan. I came home from school in the 4th grade one day and Opening Day 1989 was on channel 20 instead of the Jetsons. Between beating Roger Clemens, winning in 11, Ripken's clutch homer and Steve Finley breaking his arm, I was intrigued enough to listen to the Orioles on the radio 2 nights later. Luckily that team gave me lots of reasons to keep watching. That's how I became a fan.

For most of this summer, I kept wondering whether this was going to end up like '89 or more like '05 but by mid-August, I suddenly made the realization that this team was better than the '89 O's. '89 has always been the benchmark for magical seasons in my mind, but this team was even more magical, and frankly they were more competitive and stood a better chance of making a deep playoff run. That's what I've been afraid to say out loud for the last 2 months.

I'm too pissed for perspective right now. Too pissed.

Yea it was a great run and OMG, the fanbase would have been happy with winning 82 and blah blah blah....no

I'm just too pissed.

Maybe if it were the Rangers, or the A's or the Rays or whatever...

but it had the be the Yankees.

It had to be Tex stealing that base.

It had to have that foul pole call...and the Yanks get one more run so it "doesn't matter anyway."

I'm afraid that even though Manny's here to stay and Bundy is in the wings..that we'll have 8 guys competing for 5 spots in he rotation and Nick and Nolan back...maybe a free agent bat.

They had them on the ropes and ****ed it up. And there's no guarantee we come close any time soon.

LOL. I hear ya. A famous coach once said, "You show me a person who accepts losing, and I'll show you a loser."

They have nothing to be ashamed of

The future is bright as the Red Sox fade from relevance after Epstein ruined the team. The Rays, and Orioles are the future of the AL East, especially as the Yankee talent start to age and fade away.

The Orioles could be back. They have a very talented team.

This team reminds me of the '06 Saints. A team that wasn't supposed to do anything comes out of nowhere, but ultimately falls short in the end. But in some ways that season prepared them for the championship run in '09. Of course baseball is different, but I still see a young team that got playoff experience, came within probably a swing or two of beating the Yanks at Yankee stadium in a decisive game 5. At least its a lot better than the beatdown the Tigers gave the As, and at their home stadium too ...

If we continue to make the right moves, I think we can compete for years to come.

Tough loss, but it's the Yankees. Every single player on their team has been there before.

Very encouraged by our pitching, just have to hope our hitters continue to grow and learn. Yankees put on a pitching clinic.

Sad to say, because I like the guy, but I'd be very surprised to see Mark Reynolds back next year. Hopefully Hardy takes a huge step toward the plate and steps up as well.

They have nothing to be ashamed of

The future is bright as the Red Sox fade from relevance after Epstein ruined the team. The Rays, and Orioles are the future of the AL East, especially as the Yankee talent start to age and fade away.

The Orioles could be back. They have a very talented team.

I agree that the O's will be back. I wouldn't even be surprised if the O's were favorites in the AL East next year, but didn't the Differs take a huge load off the Sox be getting Gonzales, Beckett and Crawford? And the Yankees are the Yankees. It's already been rumored that they might go after Upton. And you know whenever Price and Shields become available, they'll be right there.

I do believe we need to go after Josh Hamilton. Are lineup could be dangerous with him batting 3rd.

Archived