Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

Yankees put on a pitching clinic.

Did they? It's easy to pitch when you know the batters were gonna swing at ANYTHING.

Davis, last night, swung at THREE dirtballs in a row. Let's not even bring up AJ.

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 09:02 PM ----------

We need a beast like Hamilton, that's for sure. But that dude has a bit of baggage. Not sure the O's would want to offered him. And I think the Rangers are going to secure him for themselves.

I don't know. When a team allows a player to test free agency, that's usually a sign that you're not a top priority. Someone's gonna "SHOW HIM THE $!!!"

What an incredible season. I will cherish this run forever. Every man on the roster contributed at one time or another. We played the class of our division to a deadlock over the course of the entire season...to the point where we were a JJ Hardy swing away from advancing to the ALCS.

We won 93 games, earned a WC berth and defeated the 2-time AL champs, and won a playoff game at home! I realize that anything can happen and acknowledge that we caught lightning in a bottle, but I truly think we will be competing for the post season for the foreseeable future. Our big guns gained valuable experience while our young guns will only improve.

1996 and 1997 were fun, but after experiencing 1998-2011 and about 5 different rebuilds, I can easily say that the 2012 team is my favorite. Thanks to the team and to my fellow fans for making it special! Go O's and only 4 months until pitchers and catchers report!

Back to doing what I'm usually doing by July...obsessing over backup linebackers and Redskin jersey/pant combinations...time to focus my attention on RG3 and the Skins, oh and exhale.

Did they? It's easy to pitch when you know the batters were gonna swing at ANYTHING.

Davis, last night, swung at THREE dirtballs in a row. Let's not even bring up AJ.

That's exactly my point. They expanded the strike zone and knew the Os hitters would go for it.

The Os hitters showed no discipline whatsoever and the Yankees pitchers took advantage at it. That's what inexperience does.

I'd go after Hamilton in a heartbeat. Could use some protection in the order. If he's not worth the money than I don't know who would be.

Excellent season. Yeah, I'm disappointed, because we came so close to advance. However, this team exceeded my expectations and then some.

AJ had a horrible series. I'm not saying this was the cause of his struggles, but it would be nice if we had another dangerous bat in our lineup (.300+ average, 30+ HRs). I'm not sure if that is someone we can find this winter.

I actually think our pitching is pretty solid. Bullpen is great. If an "ace" were available, I'd be satisfied with one plus what we got this season moving forward.

AJ had a horrible series. I'm not saying this was the cause of his struggles, but it would be nice if we had another dangerous bat in our lineup (.300+ average, 30+ HRs). I'm not sure if that is someone we can find this winter.

Yes. His initials are JH. And I could care less how much baggage he has. We need a stud in the middle of this lineup.

In hindsight, our pitchers should've given up some courtesy hits to A-Rod along the way just so Girardi would've played him today.

If Girardi sticks with ARod all series, we win this thing last night and JJ has 3 straight saves after the rocky game 1 outing. I'm not going to dwell as there were probably 100 breaks that went our way over the course of the year. I love having my O's back.

Back to doing what I'm usually doing by July...obsessing over backup linebackers and Redskin jersey/pant combinations...time to focus my attention on RG3 and the Skins, oh and exhale.

Exactly. Anyone know the Skin's record? I heard the rookie QB is doing pretty well, I mean he's no Miguel Gonzalez but heard he's pretty solid.

Excellent season. Yeah, I'm disappointed, because we came so close to advance. However, this team exceeded my expectations and then some.

I actually think our pitching is pretty solid. Bullpen is great. If an "ace" were available, I'd be satisfied with one plus what we got this season moving forward.

James Shields is available

I really wish this magical season wouldn't have ended tonight, but it has. This has still been the best season of baseball i've experienced in 15 years, and so i'll carry this pride deep down inside me for the next 6 months and as of now I can't wait for opening day 2013. First time in a long time i've had that thought in my mind in mid-october.

Thank you O's! Thank you Buck! **** the yankees! Go Tigers!

McClouthHRFoul.gif

I really wish this magical season wouldn't have ended tonight, but it has. This has still been the best season of baseball i've experienced in 15 years, and so i'll carry this pride deep down inside me for the next 6 months and as of now I can't wait for opening day 2013. First time in a long time i've had that thought in my mind in mid-october.

Thank you O's! Thank you Buck! **** the yankees! Go Tigers!

What happen with the foul pole? I wasn't able to see the game.

OK, time to say it. I basically haphazardly became an Orioles fan. I came home from school in the 4th grade one day and Opening Day 1989 was on channel 20 instead of the Jetsons. Between beating Roger Clemens, winning in 11, Ripken's clutch homer and Steve Finley breaking his arm, I was intrigued enough to listen to the Orioles on the radio 2 nights later. Luckily that team gave me lots of reasons to keep watching. That's how I became a fan.

For most of this summer, I kept wondering whether this was going to end up like '89 or more like '05 but by mid-August, I suddenly made the realization that this team was better than the '89 O's. '89 has always been the benchmark for magical seasons in my mind, but this team was even more magical, and frankly they were more competitive and stood a better chance of making a deep playoff run. That's what I've been afraid to say out loud for the last 2 months.

:ols:

I've missed baseball so much. The is the first time in a long time i've actually been able to love the game the way I used to love it as a kid. We talk about good luck rituals and whatnot with our Skins, but nothing comes close to baseball when it comes to jinxes, superstitions, etc., I bought a new O's t-shirt the day of the rangers w/c game. I turned it inside in the 5th inning. We won. Every game since then i've turned it inside out in the 5th inning. When we won game 2, it wasn't just enough to turn it inside out in the 5th, the top of the 9th I turned it around backwards. I had to listen to most of the game, as there were times when I wouldn't allow myself to watch (mainly when were on offense). I fell asleep the top of the 9th for game 3, we all know how that ended. I never went to bed again until the games were over after that. :ols: Baseball makes me do some crazy ****!

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 10:49 PM ----------

What happen with the foul pole? I wasn't able to see the game.

See that ball in the gif bouncing off the foul pole. That was a homerun from Nate that the umps called a foul ball. Nate struck out on the next pitch, ended the inning, and the yankee's put up 3 next at bat.

See that ball in the gif bouncing off the foul pole. That was a homerun from Nate that the umps called a foul ball. Nate struck out on the next pitch, ended the inning, and the yankee's put up 3 next at bat.

They umps didn't review it?

Archived