Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

What are the Oriole hitters looking at??? Swing the damn bat already.

i can't hit to save my life, but i am sure i could have made contact with one of those pitches. they were right over the heart of the plate.

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

the 8th inning better include some swings at the plate. we need a couple here.

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

spoiler alert...the ball might be on the outside part of the plate and knee high

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

watching these games against the yankees can be maddening. if we can't win a game in which the opposing pitcher uncorks 5 wild pitches, it might be another long year.

Got home right as Hardy took his first pitch with the bases loaded. Wish he had made the pitcher throw a strike before swinging. Bases are loaded, pressure is on the pitcher.

I don't know how I feel about this Strop guy, first time seeing him pitch. Got a good arm, seems a little wild though. That was a nice pitch to Jeter though, tons of movement on that sinker.

Strop is the real deal. Upper 90s with movement and a nasty slider. I'll be surprised if he doesn't become a closer someday. It's been nice seeing the power arms in the bullpen. I'm trying to think if there anyone besides Patton that doesn't throw in the 90s out of the pen.

Reynolds is a disaster. Are ~40 HRs really worth it?

Not with the batting average that comes with his home runs. He can DH or play some first but his defense costs more than his offense will produce.

Great play by Andino and bad pitch calling by Wieters. Palmer said it best. Gotta throw the heater there.

Collectively, the Oriole hitters should be hugely embarrassed by all the called strikes they took. Taking first ball fastballs down the middle and not adjusting at all to the strike zone. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen that many called strike threes. Embarrassing.

Pretty awful loss. Tons of chances to take that game early. Figured we didn't have much of a chance against a really good bullpen when it came down to it. Should have capitalized on how awful Garcia was, but they couldn't do it.

Admirable job by our pen. Gotta hope the bats start going and we actually manage to hit HRs with guys on base rather than solo shots.

That was tough to watch but I just knew it would happen. I'm very disappointed with some of the at-bats with opportunities to end the game. In 2-3 cases, we simply needed a fly ball (with runners at third and less than 2 outs) and instead got strike outs or ground outs. It's very frustrating to watch a pretty decent pitching performance by Chen and the 'pen (:ols:) be wasted like that.

Archived