Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2012 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Hitman21ST

We all knew it was over when Gregg came in

Sure...but he should never be out there for more than an inning. You're playing with fire.

It all comes down to one team being winners and the other team being losers. Bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth with a chance to end the first homestand of the year at 4-2 and one of our stars at the plate? He swings wildly at what would have been Soriano's 10th straight pitch out of the strike zone and eventually Ks without making contact once. Palmer even pointed out that any average bunt down the third base line ends the game. But nope...we're ripping for a walk-off grand slam when anything positive wins the game.

The Yanks get a man on and get him picked off. Then they get an extra out on a bloop double. Swisher falls behind in the count but of course they fight back to get the big hit. Just like last night when we throw a hanging slider to a guy who can't catch up to Strop's fastball. One team wins and the other one loses. Every. Single. Time.

Of course, it doesn't come to it if Jones could hit either of the two meatballs he whiffed on.

Yeah, i'm convinced the pressure gets to this team. It's the reason we hit so many solo shots but can't do jack with anyone on base. That was a horrible AB by Jones and the Yankees knew it would be.

Same reason we play well when we're out of the race and get our hopes up.

Sad.

Yeah, i'm convinced the pressure gets to this team. It's the reason we hit so many solo shots but can't do jack with anyone on base. That was a horrible AB by Jones and the Yankees knew it would be.

Same reason we play well when we're out of the race and get our hopes up.

Sad.

It's just the culture of this team, unfortunately. You would think given our recent history that we wouldn't feel pressure regardless of our record or the month. Come July, we won't be playing for anything so why would a game in April tighten these guys up?

So many ABs this series have been pathetic. More than a couple times we've had a runner at third with less than two outs and we got nothing out of it. Several other times we had runners in scoring position and failed to get hits. Plenty of other times we took pitches right down the middle for called third strikes or swung at pitches that were way out of the zone. We just are not a good situational hitting team.

Whatever...when is the first Redskin mini-camp?

:ols::ols::ols: That is so funny goskins36

Again, RISP with less than 2 outs. Like Palmer said, why not lay down a bunt? I used to be a big time DH guy, but watching the way we try to play long ball all the time, I'm ready to eliminate the DH and get baseball back to the way it used to be with situational hitting. I loved watching the old St.Louis Cardinals in the 80s who used their speed, baserunning and bunting skills.

Why doesn't anyone bunt anymore? Betemit laid down a perfect bunt the other night to advance a runner and he scored on a wild pitch. That's how you win ballgames. With Jones speed, he should have been laying down a suicide squeeze and the game is over.

Why do we always try to knock everything out of the park? Hell, even Andino is trying to swing for the fences.

I dont know if you guys have discussed your first round pick on here Dylan Bundy but this kid is the real deal. He is a local boy from here in Oklahoma and one of the most impressive high school ball players I have ever seen. He is in Low A ball right now but they are gonna have to move him up soon.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-bundy-blows-past-another-classa-lineup-20120411,0,2937318.story

Over his junior and senior year I watched almost everyone of his games and the kid can flat out pitch. He will reach over 100mph several times a game.

Another local kid here Archie Bradley who is close friends with Dylan was drafter first round by AZ. He can also reach 100mph throwing. It was exciting to see two local boys go top 10 in first round draft this year.

I dont know if you guys have discussed your first round pick on here Dylan Bundy but this kid is the real deal. He is a local boy from here in Oklahoma and one of the most impressive high school ball players I have ever seen. He is in Low A ball right now but they are gonna have to move him up soon.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-bundy-blows-past-another-classa-lineup-20120411,0,2937318.story

Over his junior and senior year I watched almost everyone of his games and the kid can flat out pitch. He will reach over 100mph several times a game.

Another local kid here Archie Bradley who is close friends with Dylan was drafter first round by AZ. He can also reach 100mph throwing. It was exciting to see two local boys go top 10 in first round draft this year.

They give nightly updates on Bundy on the Orioles broadcasts, so yeah, everyone knows about him. He'll be in an O's uniform next year.

not really suprised. good teams pull off these kind of wins, the orioles dont.

on the positive side. starting pitching has been pretty good, our bullpen has improved.

also, matt weiters (though the box score says he had a throwing error) is a really good baseball player.

That throwing error was a tough throw. He had to kind of throw behind and over top of Swisher and then it took a weird hop and got by Hardy. But he made up for it by picking off Nunez at 1st.

I used to be a big time DH guy, but watching the way we try to play long ball all the time, I'm ready to eliminate the DH and get baseball back to the way it used to be with situational hitting. I loved watching the old St.Louis Cardinals in the 80s who used their speed, baserunning and bunting skills.

So happy the Nats are in the National League. Real baseball. How baseball is supposed to be played. I can't imagine having to watch the AL everyday. I feel for you all.

So happy the Nats are in the National League. Real baseball. How baseball is supposed to be played. I can't imagine having to watch the AL everyday. I feel for you all.

The DH was good for a while, but I really like skill players more than "Bombers" in the lineup. Give me a guy who can hit .300, 30 HRs, 100 RBIs, 25 steals and can handle the bat for a bunt any day. I know that guy may not exist, but I get tired of seeing runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out and a guy trying to swing for the fence instead of getting a good sac fly or laying a bunt down. With the steroid era over, I wouldn't mind eliminating the DH and this is coming from someone who liked the DH for a long time. There are still advantages of the DH because IMO, 90% of the pitchers don't make a concerted effort to learn to bat. I'd rather have a guy that can hit 30 HRs at the DH, then have a pitcher batting .104 on the season. Usually your DH would be your high strikeout/high HR guy, but I think I'm ready to go in another direction. One thing I do hate is having the bases loaded with 2 outs and the pitcher's spot comes up and it's the 4th inning. You know he has a 90% chance of not doing squat.

I never liked the term "real" baseball. I think "old time" baseball is a little better. I mean, every game changes, like the 3 pt line in basketball or the 2 pt conversion in the NFL.

---------- Post added April-13th-2012 at 11:53 AM ----------

That throwing error was a tough throw. He had to kind of throw behind and over top of Swisher and then it took a weird hop and got by Hardy. But he made up for it by picking off Nunez at 1st.

Matt, I was listening to Cowherd on the radio (ugghh, I know) and he was talking about the Yankees and A-Rod. He was saying that A-Rod is no longer elite, but still a good player and if they could, the Yankees would be willing to move him because he had 6 years left on his deal. Hypothetical of course, would you deal for him? He'd be just as good offensively as Reynolds and worlds better defensively.

Matt, I was listening to Cowherd on the radio (ugghh, I know) and he was talking about the Yankees and A-Rod. He was saying that A-Rod is no longer elite, but still a good player and if they could, the Yankees would be willing to move him because he had 6 years left on his deal. Hypothetical of course, would you deal for him? He'd be just as good offensively as Reynolds and worlds better defensively.

Hmmm, from a baseball stand point, it could make sense. From a business stand point, it would work. From a personal stand point, no lol.

Now the problem is what would we offer and how could we afford the contract?

Archived